• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@Whoever was asking about PS1. Magus has not ripped the collision node coordinates for PS1. For now, the only change we really want for PS1 is to have it have the Melee windmill. It isn't easy at all to try and create the melee windmill because they are dynamic collisions in melee. They go from floors to walls to ceilings(I think?). I know it goes from floors -> walls though. We have not been able to make dynamic collisions yet. That is a huge thing that needs to be fixed on PS1.
I thought it was fallthrough platforms. The problem with Brawl's PS1 Windmill is that there's solid walls and ceilings when you should technically be able to move through the windmill with ease and only be halted if you land on top of one of the parts.

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought it was fallthrough platforms. The problem with Brawl's PS1 Windmill is that there's solid walls and ceilings when you should technically be able to move through the windmill with ease and only be halted if you land on top of one of the parts.
That's what Monk was saying in a more technical jargon way. It's not a simple fix though by any means.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's what Monk was saying in a more technical jargon way. It's not a simple fix though by any means.
Ah, alright. And yeah, I've been reading posts by stage hackers about the PS1 windmill for a good amount of time. It really does sound like an annoying problem.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Good luck to all those applying. I'd apply but being on the outside is more fun. More mystery and hype.

Besides the only thing I could provide is info from fellow wifi'ers but that's not very useful. Speaking of wifi, I have a tourney next weekend. Because wifi=srs business. But it will be fun, nonetheless :)

iLink

Smash Champion
I think the newer developer builds desynch on wifi anyway. If they desynch in replays then chances are it wouldn't go so well on wifi, not sure though.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I think the newer developer builds desynch on wifi anyway. If they desynch in replays then chances are it wouldn't go so well on wifi, not sure though.
It does desync on wifi unfortunately. I meant just as a BRoomer as far as input from other players, and how they feel about the project or any changes made. Whatever. I'm failing math so I probably don't have much time to do stuff anyway :(

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, I find it very creative. I'd really like to see the move in all its glory.

"Can I borrow your specials mister Ryu?" "SURE-YOU-KAN!" ...I stole that joke from somewhere. Sue me.

Edit: lol post 404

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No. He cancels and then is in the location he was. He is technically airborne on frame like 6 of his upsmash and can cancel into jump on hit.

There was an interesting zoom forward during that scenario in the move's earlier stages of development, but no longer is that possible.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I was actually pretty fond of Lucario's original USmash, but I can see it not fitting into where you're going with him. A character more technical than Fox? You have surprised us all.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The shoryuken upsmash works much better than the brawl usmash. Is there a problem in making Lucario more like this?
speaking of Shoryuken is luigi's getting a buff by any chance. I was testing it out on melee and I couldn't kill alot of ppl with it until high % even on Yoshi's...for a move that resembles Puff's rest so much It really isn't that great of a move <_<.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
The shoryuken upsmash works much better than the brawl usmash. Is there a problem in making Lucario more like this?
don't misunderstand, i'm not offended, i'm actually really amused : p i was just curious which move was now the shoryu. and now i want to see a dp usmash

cmart

Smash Lord
speaking of Shoryuken is luigi's getting a buff by any chance. I was testing it out on melee and I couldn't kill alot of ppl with it until high % even on Yoshi's...for a move that resembles Puff's rest so much It really isn't that great of a move <_<.
Imo at most a slight buff if any - the move is significantly less punishable than a missed rest, and shouldn't have similar kill power. It's really just another option for a finisher - and that's probably fine.

Ulevo

Smash Master
One question I'd like to ask is if it is possible (and in fact planned) for you guys to make some alterations to the camera in Project M where it shakes everytime a damaging blow is landed to a character? Lately watching Melee streams and videos I've noticed how apparent it is compared to Brawl or Project M and it really helps to make the atmosphere while playing or viewing a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom