• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
te lo explicare en chileno :D

si tienes el puño cargado, es normal que lo pierdas si se interrumpe el golpe, el problema, es que la carga tambien se elimina cuando interrumpes cualquier ataque especial de DK. esto es muy problematico, ya que el puñetazo es un gran movimiento para matar.

EJ: el hace su up B para volver al stage, (ten en cuenta que DK tiene el B cargado) su tu le arrojas una bomba, inerrumpiendo su upB, la carga se elimina.

DK is a realy fun character, i like the green DK, and i am getting better with him. the new dash attack and the Spike in his Fair is a great change, i am wondering if P:M team also speed up the Fair
Te entendí en ingles, pero me quedó la duda si era siempre o era al azar durante cualquier especial. En general me pasa volviendo con el upB, no usó los otros 2 especiales.

Is the fair unchanged other than making the meteor part a spike?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I would hope the only thing other than them making it a spike would be to speed it up. But heres hoping melees data import actually does that .

Revven

FrankerZ
I would hope the only thing other than them making it a spike would be to speed it up. But heres hoping melees data import actually does that .
It's not going to be sped up nor is it sped up. The whole point to making Fair a spike is to actually make it rewarding (no chance of coming back at all) and differentiate it from Dair even if it is a small difference. Speeding it up would make it stupid and in fact, it's actually already better than the old Fair anyway. Secondly, the dash attack is extremely useful and helpful so there is no real need to suddenly make Fair ridiculously good when DK wasn't even that bad in Melee. He was Mid Tier (at least last I checked...), his main issues were his shield, his grab range, and his hitboxes which are all basically fixed anyway. Everything else we've done so far are just adding onto it to give him that edge that he needs to be a high tier.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Te entendí en ingles, pero me quedó la duda si era siempre o era al azar durante cualquier especial. En general me pasa volviendo con el upB, no usó los otros 2 especiales.

Is the fair unchanged other than making the meteor part a spike?
Is it sad about a third of the reason I come to these boards is to practice my Spanish?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is it sad about a third of the reason I come to these boards is to practice my Spanish?
Usted, CaballeroTemplarioJedi, ha fracasado... lol Jk

lol If I started buying beer for Dr. PeePee, I'd get millions of tech-skill videos, forcing me to live under a bridge.

Edit: And to make this post not off-topic: Any streams today? Y'know, to celebrate the end of the world or something?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
It's not going to be sped up nor is it sped up. The whole point to making Fair a spike is to actually make it rewarding (no chance of coming back at all) and differentiate it from Dair even if it is a small difference. Speeding it up would make it stupid and in fact, it's actually already better than the old Fair anyway. Secondly, the dash attack is extremely useful and helpful so there is no real need to suddenly make Fair ridiculously good when DK wasn't even that bad in Melee. He was Mid Tier (at least last I checked...), his main issues were his shield, his grab range, and his hitboxes which are all basically fixed anyway. Everything else we've done so far are just adding onto it to give him that edge that he needs to be a high tier.
ok then thanks I didn't know.:cool:

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
I think the first part of DK's fair should be powered up, from melee i mean. I was watching some pro DK videos and they used uthrow into 4x uair into fair on heavies and they went nowhere everytime. It looked very frustating for the DK so maybe it could be powered up so that it works as a reliable finisher, apart for the situational ledgeguard spike

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fair is strong. just because heavy chars (dk, bowser, falcon) didnt go far doesnt mean its a weak move. fj cargo uthrow dj fair is also a viable finisher with dk against midweights

:phone:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
What about Samus? She can do MC like melee now? i guess yes, because Ld ws fixed.

and her Bair have the melee animation?
Yes, she can missile cancel now. I edited her back air animation quite a while ago so it was closer to melee. However, I'm no animator, so it's definitely not the best job. haha

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
In melee, her bair animation had her leg up at an angle. In brawl, her bair animation had her leg pretty much straight. Not sure which one we'll end up choosing in the end, but currently it's like melee's.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
yeah, i know that, i like more the brawl one

about her weak missiles, these are like melee or like brawl? the brawl ones comes out faster and have less endlag. that would improve a lot the projectiles game of Samus
I believe Brawl has superior normal Missiles while Melee had significantly better Super Missiles (and not just damage and KB, mind you; it didn't get destroyed by ******** weak moves).

Zef

Smash Ace
you should give me the full build so i can stream then :troll:

in real realness tho, does that peach leg thing really matter? lol
and about samus' missles, give her the better of each one :awesome:

IYM!

Smash Lord
I believe Brawl has superior normal Missiles while Melee had significantly better Super Missiles (and not just damage and KB, mind you; it didn't get destroyed by ******** weak moves).
in fact, the missiles are better in brawl, they come out faster, and have less endlag.

the supermissiles are better in melee, the combination of these 2 projectiles would be aweosme

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
In melee, her bair animation had her leg up at an angle. In brawl, her bair animation had her leg pretty much straight. Not sure which one we'll end up choosing in the end, but currently it's like melee's.
Her sweetspot is also a little bit up in melee (obvious)
though wonder which one is the better bair sweetspot hitbox-wise melee or brawl.

oh and Standardtoaster i guess you're not gonna stream today since its day here already...(pal):(

leelue

Smash Lord
apparently Jesus was supposed to visit? I would've set up the invisible china.

@zef
of course its mad dead today, I haven't posted anything in a while and thus there is nothing to talk about.
/ego

Naw I'm joking, that never stops being in effect.

cmart

Smash Lord
in fact, the missiles are better in brawl, they come out faster, and have less endlag.

the supermissiles are better in melee, the combination of these 2 projectiles would be aweosme
I believe that's how it works now. I certainly know that fulljump homing missile -> power missile cancel works and is very effective, which is something Samus couldn't do before.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I believe that's how it works now. I certainly know that fulljump homing missile -> power missile cancel works and is very effective, which is something Samus couldn't do before.
good!!

that will compensate her lack of the melee Zair.

now i have a question about Link...

in Brawl, link have an Advanced Technique called "Bomb Slide", this is similar to glide tossing, but more effective and more dificult to perform.

This AT is very good for aproach to the enemy, start combos or attacks, for defence, and for mindgames.

the way to perform is is similar that DACUS (Dash Attack Cancel U-Smash)

My question is... is posible perform bomb jump here in P:M???

iLink

Smash Champion
Just wondering, is the main thing holding back the patch LD? And if so, what bugs are effecting the characters?

EDIT: I've done the bomb slide thing plenty of times. Was that part of the question or just something you wanted to bring up?

Revven

FrankerZ
Just wondering, is the main thing holding back the patch LD? And if so, what bugs are effecting the characters?
Aside from LD there's other things we want to patch up and fix. Also, it should be plainly obvious what the bugs are since we've only mentioned them in almost every single page up until this point but I guess I have to clearly list them for everyone so it can be put to rest <_>:

1. Samus' double jump is shorter than it should be and this issue cannot be fixed through animations.
2. Samus' bomb jump does not work because the way LD controls her movement while in the little ball (she's moving down right away as soon as you press down B). This issue also cannot be fixed through animations.
3. Every single Melee character's jumps (mostly demo characters since that's what we're going to be releasing) needed to be changed to match how they were in Melee. The bone, the way they moved, etc. It's a ton of animation work that only one person is actually doing it.
4. Certain air/ground state moves like Bowser's Koopa Klaw (when he grabs the foe he wobbles from ground to air) where fixing the animation doesn't completely solve the issue.
5. Various other moves that may be going lower than they should because of LD (Pikachu's Side B) and ledge grabs (where you just grab the ledge) having minimal warping issues, this is not at all related to ledge grab range or anything it's only when you're hanging on the ledge. Characters with those kinds of problems of course were attended to but there may still be problems with other characters (of course they aren't as much priority as demo characters)
6. Tumble animations/hitstun animations being buggy (it's not noticeable in normal speed but in 1/4 at times the character isn't going up like they should). Again, another thing that can't be fixed by merely editing the animations (afaik)
7. Double landing issues where the character simply won't land if they are touching the ground, the game is still treating them as in the air. Once again, not prevalent or noticeable in normal speed but in 1/4 it's an issue and this also affects weak stun animations to a degree where you might be in that stun longer because of the double landing.

There's some OTHER minor bugs as well but those are the main ones that have to be tackled before releasing anything. Most of those also can only be done by Magus by changing some things with the codes and/or doing something else.

I'm not very knowledgeable on all of the above but that's the gist of it.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was just asking because the only thing I've heard was some samus stuff which shouldn't be an issue considering she isn't in the demo. So basically has to do with fixing landing animations?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mind elaborating on Samus' double jump? Why does it have height issues where other DJs don't?

I'm too lazy to check the animations, but it is dumb and unlike other jumps, not controlled by the animation and rather it has an exterior value, or is there some other issue?

Revven

FrankerZ
So basically has to do with fixing landing animations?
No... it's a lot deeper than that and like I said, not all of it can be fixed through editing animations. Magus has been extremely busy these past couple of weeks or so, we need him to fix the majority of what I listed with the exception of a few that I already explained.

Landing animations are fine, it's being in the air at all that is really screwy if that's easier for you to understand. Special moves that deal with movement, jumps, anything that deals with air/ground states, hitstun/tumble animations... it's definitely not landing related at all with the exception of the double landing which is actually iirc just a side affect with the way Magus coded it.

UltiMario: It's similar to Peach's in that there's something else controlling it besides the animation.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Aside from LD there's other things we want to patch up and fix. Also, it should be plainly obvious what the bugs are since we've only mentioned them in almost every single page up until this point but I guess I have to clearly list them for everyone so it can be put to rest <_>:

1. Samus' double jump is shorter than it should be and this issue cannot be fixed through animations.
2. Samus' bomb jump does not work because the way LD controls her movement while in the little ball (she's moving down right away as soon as you press down B). This issue also cannot be fixed through animations.
3. Every single Melee character's jumps (mostly demo characters since that's what we're going to be releasing) needed to be changed to match how they were in Melee. The bone, the way they moved, etc. It's a ton of animation work that only one person is actually doing it.
4. Certain air/ground state moves like Bowser's Koopa Klaw (when he grabs the foe he wobbles from ground to air) where fixing the animation doesn't completely solve the issue.
5. Various other moves that may be going lower than they should because of LD (Pikachu's Side B) and ledge grabs (where you just grab the ledge) having minimal warping issues, this is not at all related to ledge grab range or anything it's only when you're hanging on the ledge. Characters with those kinds of problems of course were attended to but there may still be problems with other characters (of course they aren't as much priority as demo characters)
6. Tumble animations/hitstun animations being buggy (it's not noticeable in normal speed but in 1/4 at times the character isn't going up like they should). Again, another thing that can't be fixed by merely editing the animations (afaik)
7. Double landing issues where the character simply won't land if they are touching the ground, the game is still treating them as in the air. Once again, not prevalent or noticeable in normal speed but in 1/4 it's an issue and this also affects weak stun animations to a degree where you might be in that stun longer because of the double landing.

There's some OTHER minor bugs as well but those are the main ones that have to be tackled before releasing anything. Most of those also can only be done by Magus by changing some things with the codes and/or doing something else.

I'm not very knowledgeable on all of the above but that's the gist of it.
Thanks for this post, it's exactly what most of us needed to put the "when is the patch gonna be released?" question aside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom