• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Obviously, but I still wanted to see Nana stare into someone's soul.
Stare at blu link's picture for 20 minutes. It's the same effect, and his picture uses a higher quality model than is in-game. It's even better than the real thing! :awesome:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
D x3

Since Dedede is close-to-finished enough to be shown at the tournament, is there any chance he'll be included in the next public demo?

Revven

FrankerZ
Since Dedede is close-to-finished enough to be shown at the tournament, is there any chance he'll be included in the next public demo?
What? No, someone using him in tourney has no bearings on how "complete" someone is. G-Reg was using an incomplete character because he hates the game.

Ecks

Smash Lord
-ninja'd by Falco-

And about ICs, it's those annoying rel files right? :(

:phone:

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
That's the point of camping out. I brought my tent and everything. Even my bear spray. I'm prepared for several days of waiting for these vids. Azen and Chillin are up there in my favorite Melee players of all time. It's going to be great seeing them play PM.
Ahahahaha...oh the irony.

You'll understand what I mean when you see his later rounds.

What? No, someone using him in tourney has no bearings on how "complete" someone is. G-Reg was using an incomplete character because he hates the game.
G-reg actually loves Project M. No one that was present hated Project M so I'm not sure where you got that from (unless you're just being sarcastic). G-reg just played DDD because he's G-reg and he can do whatever he wants lol.

But you're right about everything else. Just because G-reg used DDD in tourney doesn't mean that DDD's anywhere near done.

Also just want to pitch that I think we should purposefully induce the current Nana whenever someone tries to Wobble or Brawl handoff CG. Easiest and by far the most hilarious solution ever :troll:.

I've never seen anything more beautiful than the current Nana tbh. I want to ask her to be my wife so she can stare longly into my eyes forever.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Strange, G-reg has never made it known to me that he even remotely dislikes the game. Maybe he told JCz something in private or he mentioned something when I was away for a short while getting matenence done on my car.

But again, I didn't hear anything like that during or before the tournament, and I was there before he got to the venue and after he left it.

Chillin, BigWenz, and CK were by far the most vocal about their problems with P:M, and even they enjoyed it (I dunno, maybe CK didn't lol).

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Played at CG yesterday and just wanted to say great job to the devs its VERY kick ***. The finished product is going to be very impressive. I mean demo v1 is already awesome I can only imagine how amazing the final thing will be :D

Just curious. If you can say, what characters do you think are close to done in terms of being added in demo v2?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Played at CG yesterday and just wanted to say great job to the devs its VERY kick ***. The finished product is going to be very impressive. I mean demo v1 is already awesome I can only imagine how amazing the final thing will be :D

Just curious. If you can say, what characters do you think are close to done in terms of being added in demo v2?
If by v2 you mean the patch, then none.

If they release a second demo, it will probably be in quite some time, so things could've changed a lot by then.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If they were to release a second demo I expect it to be like november. But by that time the final build would (hopefully) be near completion anyway.

And I asked this in the stream but got no answer: Mario can auto grab the ledge by pressing side b. You can literally walk off the stage and press side b toward the ledge to grab it. Will you guys be keeping it that way? It's useful since he can immediately grab it from quite a bit of distance (probably like the distance you can grab the ledge in vbrawl), but it kinda feels like a cheap vbrawl thing.

GPDP

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, the not-in-the-demo characters that are closest to completion might be Ike, Peach, Samus, and Ness. Maybe also Tink and Wario.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
And I asked this in the stream but got no answer: Mario can auto grab the ledge by pressing side b. You can literally walk off the stage and press side b toward the ledge to grab it. Will you guys be keeping it that way? It's useful since he can immediately grab it from quite a bit of distance (probably like the distance you can grab the ledge in vbrawl), but it kinda feels like a cheap vbrawl thing.

It was like that in vBrawl. Unsure if it will be kept.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Please don't, it's a good buff that Mario doesn't need. As a Mario main in melee, all I ask is the return of his Fsmash range and animation(Brawl's animation animation has the sweetspot too far and throws me out of my game).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
JCaez, P:M was a lot of fun. Of COURSE there are still large things to be tackled, but it's quickly becoming a very, very easy to pick up game. I think the most fun is being able to transfer melee skill.

Let me know when my vids of ****** Chu go up. hahaha.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Please don't, it's a good buff that Mario doesn't need. As a Mario main in melee, all I ask is the return of his Fsmash range and animation(Brawl's animation animation has the sweetspot too far and throws me out of my game).
^this

although i thought they already mentioned Mario getting a new fsmash?

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Is something big cooking lately? i've been busy to check the post's but i have not seen a blog #6 in like 3 weeks now? hugs 2 all keep the good work comming <3 u in a straight thankfull way

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Since hes a hybrid doesn't Mario currently have Doc and Mario (Reg) hits? I know on certian frames of Fair it is but unsure on Fsmash pretty sure its Fireball is Mario range and at close is doc Fsmash if i'm not mistaken. I could be totally wrong though. Tbh though Mario is a beast.

Question about Pit I know pit is probably a WIP (Work In Progress) but just wondering if you guys are keeping his reflectable attribute when characters hit his shield this works off stage also in vbrawl B+ just wondering. Also what is the plans for pits Dair I know in vbrawl it sends you up just wondering if you could give it a spike effect like marth's Dair?

And one final question about DeDeDe. Is it going to be possible to fix his Neutral B glitch i wanna call it not sure if its a AT or not. But when he does his Sucking animation against Ike's QD it makes Ike go and carry momentum after he hits off the stage. I know Ike is supposed to be able to interupt his QD by Jump-Cancel so far from what Ive seen. again just wondering.

leelue

Smash Lord
LOL... also, Idk y people abbreviate something, tell us what it means, then don't use the abbreviation again.

I feel bad for the team. "how close is x character to being done", "will x character be in the patch", "will there be a blogpost today"...

mad repetition

also, grim, I miss the bowser with GENTLEMEN as your personality. very authoritative.

Ecks

Smash Lord
*Insert sadface here*
*Inserts sad face there*

@Shadic. Really glad to see that fixed. Thank you (and Monk) for the response.

And Grim, he was just making sure ppl (people :troll:) understood him lol. And I never finished Wolf's Rain. :(

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Since hes a hybrid doesn't Mario currently have Doc and Mario (Reg) hits? I know on certian frames of Fair it is but unsure on Fsmash pretty sure its Fireball is Mario range and at close is doc Fsmash if i'm not mistaken. I could be totally wrong though. Tbh though Mario is a beast.
nope, the hitbox is definitely off(too far away).

Another thing, I think Fair could use one more frame of meteor towards the end. I love Doc's power on the starting frames, but he could use a longer meteor time.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Whew, just caught up to current posts - it's been a few days since I've checked in. Anyways, I'm gonna bring up a couple old topics I found interesting (forgive me, lol)...

About Roy:
I know I've said this before and not too terribly long ago - Roy changes have been discussed in detail and several good ideas have been tossed around in the past. I myself mostly spoke about possible Flare Blade ideas including gaining a "hot blade" from a charge for instance. I shared this idea and others with people also brainstorming creative solutions. Other thread followers have concisely outlined Roy's flaws with a "quick fix" mentality - sometimes less "creative", but usually quite practical. The same has been done with Mewtwo - (the two most wanted possible clone engine additions). Speaking of Mewtwo... (and now to the point).

Last time Mewtwo was discussed, someone mentioned that the PM team - or at least one member of the PMBR - spoke to Taj about what Mewtwo would need to be "good". As much as I'd like to think that some of us not named Taj came up with good ideas, his suggestions (whatever they were) are highly valuable. So, has the same been done in respect to Roy? Have any notable Roy users given the team suggestions in the event that he could be included in the game? Whatever the case may be, it would be interesting to hear what Taj or any "pro Roys" have to say about what they'd change in their respective characters.

About Wolf:
(Don't worry, this will be shorter... lol). Someone said that Wolf was a fast-faller. Someone else said (Magnus I believe) that Wolf is more of a "semi-fast-faller". I know that in brawl, one of the many ways that Wolf set himself apart from the other spacies was his air mobilty. I don't have a problem with "semi-fast-falling", I just hope he still has his nice air mobility or at least good air mobility for melee physics.

Also, the "Wolf running on all fours" idea is pretty great. It would look a kinda awkward and be a bit silly, but his current run animation is kinda odd already. I'd rather see him crawl myself, and think that his run should be altered but not necessarily be quadrapedal.

Lastly, an off-topic amusing observation:
ST and I should have some new videos up and a stream this week due to our mother being out of town until wednesday. :bee:
mother's day stream from ST and I perhaps.
Enjoying Mother's Day sans the mother, and, apparently, enjoying her absence for an extended period in general. Ironic... that's not the point of the holiday :p. (Then again, maybe she's enjoying a vacation from the two of you, lol).

leelue

Smash Lord
valtrox, why do you think that the Mario segment should be longer? like... is there a reason beyond "i think it would be better that way"

I don't mean to be abrasive if I am, but after all the effort I put into my ideas, I get annoyed when other people just... say things.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Another thing, I think Fair could use one more frame of meteor towards the end. I love Doc's power on the starting frames, but he could use a longer meteor time.
^ this.

Seems like a alright reasoning. A bit more meteor projecting frames at the end of the move. I don't care one way or the other, just having the two different hit properties is pretty cool to me. I can't speak for how many frames each effect should have - whatever's most balanced.

Edit:
Sorry, but I assume based on ValTrox's comment that his reason for wanting this is because he wishes to utilize the move's meteor with greater ease/more often.

Anyways, hope for a bit of feedback on some of the things I mentioned on my previous post.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I dislike getting a jab reset and not being able to sweetspot the f-smash due to the hitbox being so far out

*madface

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G-reg actually loves Project M. No one that was present hated Project M so I'm not sure where you got that from (unless you're just being sarcastic). G-reg just played DDD because he's G-reg and he can do whatever he wants lol.
I never meant to imply that G-Reg hates Project M. He just doesn't like the concept, and he doesn't like a lot of the changes we made. He still plays it whenever I bring it to a tourney.

Just removing one frame of doc-type fair towards the end and making that frame like mario's fair, not making the move longer :), so exchanging
Ew, why? Doc hit is hella more useful. And against grounded opponents where the Mario hit can actually be helpful, the window is shifted 3 or 4 frames back in favor of the Mario hit. It works really well how it is, trust me.

I dislike getting a jab reset and not being able to sweetspot the f-smash due to the hitbox being so far out

*madface
You have more than enough time after the jab reset to walk away a bit to space the fsmash. That's what I do. The extra range helps a lot more than whatever little inconveniences it causes. He actually manages to not get embarrassingly outspaced by Marth!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
JC, some people just like spiking/meteoring people. Hell, I go out of my way to Fire Spike people with YL. It's amusing, because so many people I know didn't even realize YL had a spike at all.

But yeah, sometimes the timing for the spike can be hard to get. And against characters with poor recoveries it can be better than the Doc hit.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You know what's better? Bair. And with RAR at your disposal there's no excuse to not edgeguard with bair. If you wanna be fancy and go for the meteor, go ahead, but we're not gonna reduce the functionality of fair just for that.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
JCeas with the ****.

Also, I like the leanback from Mario's fsmash. Granted, I was previous Brawl Mario main and am used to the spacing (and the godsend that is the increase in range, IMO). It was the one thing that I disliked about Melee Mario's fsmash.

Raring bair is one of my favorite things about this game. No lie. Raring nair is great too.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well, you mostly hit with Doc's spot within the first few frames, shff fair works well on grounded oponents, but I could get used to it(how'it's programed now). The fsmash on the other hand, that's something I don't like. I even feel it slower(that might just be me), maybe melee Mario is just too deep into my mind

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Well, you mostly hit with Doc's spot within the first few frames, shff fair works well on grounded oponents, but I could get used to it(how'it's programed now). The fsmash on the other hand, that's something I don't like. I even feel it slower(that might just be me), maybe melee Mario is just too deep into my mind
Some moves have more animation frames to them, making them seem slower, but the timings are almost identical do Melee's.

For example, watch C.Falcon use a back tech-roll on both games. The timing is almost the same, the P:M feels a lot slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom