• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You're crazy man. Nurse Mario's fsmash is brokesauce. Even Marth's fsmash is pretty tame by comparison.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I do agree it goes far, but it throws off melee Mario's game. Another thing, was his WD shortened? In demo, his WD was longer than in melee, this could work well if the sweetspot on Fsmash is kept.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
His wavedash is the same, but due to certain factors, it's pretty hard not to perfect wavedash every time in the demo. The patch will fix this.

There are lots of things that will throw off your Melee Mario anyway, because Mario:M is more Doc than Mario.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
You get an athletic Doc, but last time i checked, Doc's fsmash was even shorter :troll:

Also, LD could explain why I feel the wd longer, thanks for clearing that up JC.

Another thing, what's going on with Luigi? I mean, what changes does he need? I've NEVER seen a Luigi in a stream.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Please don't, it's a good buff that Mario doesn't need. As a Mario main in melee, all I ask is the return of his Fsmash range and animation(Brawl's animation has the sweetspot too far and throws me out of my game).
Mario's Fsmash animation is the demo is very different from vBrawl's Mario.

The animation is a little different and seems a little strange, yes, but it's definitely not vBrawl fsmash animation, that animation is crap, they make an artwork and csps of mario in his melee fsmash pose and then make the actual move completely different, what a bull****.

The range really seems a little shorter, but it's much more powerful.

I don't care much about being harder to meteor people with fair, but onstage it's very useful to hit an fsmash after it, I would ask to be a little easier to meteor just for that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Also what is the plans for pits Dair I know in vbrawl it sends you up just wondering if you could give it a spike effect like marth's Dair?
Definitely won't make it a spike. Six jumps + glide + a dair that spikes is a no-no.

And one final question about DeDeDe. Is it going to be possible to fix his Neutral B glitch i wanna call it not sure if its a AT or not. But when he does his Sucking animation against Ike's QD it makes Ike go and carry momentum after he hits off the stage. I know Ike is supposed to be able to interupt his QD by Jump-Cancel so far from what Ive seen. again just wondering.
That would be suction causing Ike to retain more momentum due to being pulled.
LOL... also, Idk y people abbreviate something, tell us what it means, then don't use the abbreviation again.

I feel bad for the team. "how close is x character to being done", "will x character be in the patch", "will there be a blogpost today"...

mad repetition
This x1000. It's so annoying to have people ask "What character(s) are closest to being "done?"" :mad:
Do textures work fine on the resized Bowser?
About Wolf:
(Don't worry, this will be shorter... lol). Someone said that Wolf was a fast-faller. Someone else said (Magnus I believe) that Wolf is more of a "semi-fast-faller". I know that in brawl, one of the many ways that Wolf set himself apart from the other spacies was his air mobilty. I don't have a problem with "semi-fast-falling", I just hope he still has his nice air mobility or at least good air mobility for melee physics.

Also, the "Wolf running on all fours" idea is pretty great. It would look a kinda awkward and be a bit silly, but his current run animation is kinda odd already. I'd rather see him crawl myself, and think that his run should be altered but not necessarily be quadrapedal.
Yes, Wolf is a semi-fastfaller. You could compare Wolf's FF speed to that of Sheik. Also, +1 to new run animation, no matter what he has, he looks like he is limping. :urg:

lol magnus instead of Magus

Enjoying Mother's Day sans the mother, and, apparently, enjoying her absence for an extended period in general. Ironic... that's not the point of the holiday :p. (Then again, maybe she's enjoying a vacation from the two of you, lol).
Our mother is out of state right now and we don't celebrate Mother's day. It's another stupid pointless holiday.

Another thing, what's going on with Luigi? I mean, what changes does he need? I've NEVER seen a Luigi in a stream.
ST has played Luigi about 4 times total on our streams.

cmart

Smash Lord
I've also played Luigi on stream and have a few vids up on JC's channel. He's mostly melee Luigi with a few buffs to his B moves.

Revven

FrankerZ
No, he won't, there's no need to rely on something like that. That is a crutch of his in vBrawl that isn't needed in PM nor is it really wanted (if anything it would be frowned upon if we kept it).

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
No, he won't, there's no need to rely on something like that. That is a crutch of his in vBrawl that isn't needed in PM nor is it really wanted (if anything it would be frowned upon if we kept it).
In vBrawl? The video I posted was about an infinite he had on most everyone in melee. (assuming they didn't air release)

Edit: I guess I'm really comparing apples and oranges here. Even if he's the beneficiary of a grab release technique, they are still frowned upon in general.

Will P:M at least have the option to control whether or not you air release/ground release, as shown in that video?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
agreed 100%

keep that garbage thing away from P:M.:cool:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Assuming that its possible to make a code that allows you to control whether or not you air release or ground release, I think it would be worthwhile to bring this technique back.

1. Nobody is going to get caught in the infinite, since you can break out by holding up.

2. Since the klaw forces a ground release, you could use this mechanic to go from klaw -> regular grab, enabling a way for Bowser to be able to use any of his throws by landing a klaw.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to input the direction for the klaw throw immediately? I'd imagine so, if it won't ever release (Grabbing someone and holding them for eternity? Staller's dream!).

One last thing. Does the klaw work like melee in the air (i.e. it only grabs grounded opponents), or does the throw work in the air? In the event of the former, is it possible to code Bowser's side b in such a way that if it connects on the ground, its the klaw, but in the air, its his suicide jump from Brawl (ala Procario.)? I'm indifferent as to whether this gets implemented or not, I'd just like to know if its possible.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. Here's a semi related question: will we get the option to jump break release from grabs by holding up on the analog stick like in Melee?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alright, I hate to ask this since I'm SURE it's been mentioned before, but searching the words "Patch" and "release" gives me about a billion posts, none of which give me the answer I'm looking for. That, and my internet has been stupid slow lately, so scouring through the pages takes an eternity. So again, sorry. I swear I won't ask again:

Is there any tentative/estimation on when the patch will become publicly available? Like, I don't need a date or anything stupid specific like that, just a rough outline/timeline of what you want to accomplish before you do.

Again, super sorry. I understand how overwhelmingly annoying this topic is by now...

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I hate to ask this since I'm SURE it's been mentioned before, but searching the words "Patch" and "release" gives me about a billion posts, none of which give me the answer I'm looking for. That, and my internet has been stupid slow lately, so scouring through the pages takes an eternity. So again, sorry. I swear I won't ask again:

Is there any tentative/estimation on when the patch will become publicly available? Like, I don't need a date or anything stupid specific like that, just a rough outline/timeline of what you want to accomplish before you do.

Again, super sorry. I understand how overwhelmingly annoying this topic is by now...
No word as of yet.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Do you have to input the direction for the klaw throw immediately? I'd imagine so, if it won't ever release (Grabbing someone and holding them for eternity? Stallers dream!).

One last thing. Does the klaw work like melee in the air (i.e. it only grabs grounded opponents), or does the throw work in the air? In the event of the former, is it possible to code Bowser's side b in such a way that if it connects on the ground, its the klaw, but in the air, its his suicide jump from Brawl (ala Procario.)? I'm indifferent as to whether this gets implemented or not, I'd just like to know if its possible.
You have a small frame of time to decide whether to fthrow or bthrow. If you don't do any inputs, it defaults to fthrow. Throw also works in air.

No ETA

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
You have a small frame of time to decide whether to fthrow or bthrow. If you don't do any inputs, it defaults to fthrow. Throw also works in air.
Thanks for answering. I appreciate it, given the amount of feedback you guys have to listen to.

I'm still curious if its possible to give him the suicide throw as aerial side-b. I actually prefer being able to throw with klaw in the air, since b-throw will kill without need for suicide. I suppose it probably is, since y'all did something similar with Lucario. I would like to hear an answer, though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
His post of "lazy" was in reference to ST's title of "Don't say 'lazy'" a song from the anime, K-ON!

Anyways, hype and stuff over JCz's new vids.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Kirby looks really weird.

From what it looks like, Kirby's moves have low/moderate BKB, but huge KBG? Normally comboing moves like that don't kill till much higher percents... or is there a sweetspot system? Or am I just completely off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom