• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
After that 4-phone string you've reminded me to Adblock that smiley

*click*

Magus420

Smash Master
He's a semi-FFer currently. Dunno why he's always described as a FFer. High acceleration (3rd highest next to Falco and Fox), but only above average top speed (10th to 12th or so). Kind of like a semi-FFer version of Fox. Over short distances (like the height of a lower platform) he'd be similar to Roy due to the high grav, but above that he'd be closer to Sheik. If you were to compare him to the FFers and semi-FFers of melee it'd be something like:

Code:
        Gravity  Top Speed  M2 U-Throw KO on DL
------------------------------------------------
Falco   0.170    3.100      196

Fox     0.230    2.800      188
CF      0.130    2.900      187

Roy     0.114    2.400      165
DK      0.100    2.400      165

Wolf    0.150    2.100      155/156
Sheik   0.120    2.130      154
Link    0.110    2.130      154
YL      0.110    2.130      154
Marth   0.085    2.200      153
Ganon   0.130    2.000      153
Bowser  0.130    1.900      151

Alopex

Smash Ace
He's a semi-FFer currently. Dunno why he's always described as a FFer. High acceleration (3rd highest next to Falco and Fox), but only above average top speed (10th to 12th or so). Kind of like a semi-FFer version of Fox. Over short distances (like the height of a lower platform) he'd be similar to Roy due to the high grav, but above that he'd be closer to Sheik. If you were to compare him to the FFers and semi-FFers of melee it'd be something like:
Is that the intention for Wolf, to differentiate him a bit from the other spacies, or is it something you guys plan to correct eventually and thus streamline him to be like the others?

jalued

Smash Lord
Reception's been extremely positive. Obviously it's not perfect but they are all loving it. They wanna do a P:M tourney after Melee ends.

:phone:
sorry to be negative, but what things are not feeling perfect at the moment? Waiting for the patch leaves me with doubt and pessimism

A Blogpost would be an awesome gift for my mom =D
yeah my mum would love this too, any possiblity of it happening shanus?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Pretty much the same things that have been noted many times in this thread as the things that still need to be done (ledge occupancy, Melee tethers, etc). And on a fundamental level, even with identical frame data and hitbox stats, a lot of people say something feels off, like how P:M matches tend to take longer than Melee matches and people tend to live to higher %s, but I think that might be people playing differently than they did in Melee, and new and experimental characters sometimes don't have the same kind of kill power as Melee high tiers. Sometimes I feel like it would be to our benefit to show certain moves side by side in Melee and P:M in the same situations killing at the same %s or performing the same combos.

I'll see if I can get them to post their own feedback here though.

jalued

Smash Lord
Pretty much the same things that have been noted many times in this thread as the things that still need to be done (ledge occupancy, Melee tethers, etc). And on a fundamental level, even with identical frame data and hitbox stats, a lot of people say something feels off, like how P:M matches tend to take longer than Melee matches and people tend to live to higher %s, but I think that might be people playing differently than they did in Melee, and new and experimental characters sometimes don't have the same kind of kill power as Melee high tiers. Sometimes I feel like it would be to our benefit to show certain moves side by side in Melee and P:M in the same situations killing at the same %s or performing the same combos.

i do agreee some sort of video demonstrating the same combos in melee and PM side by side would be extreamly effective advertising for this project.

Looking forward to feedback from the players, especially Azen (though im 99% sure that wont happen)

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice

I'd be really interested in seeing two games, one in Melee, and one in PM, played side by side with identical inputs using wave bird controllers.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Cheers to Mother's Day with a toast.
But let there be a great gift.
And give the world what it wants most.
It will surely be a lift.
If shanus gave a very nice post.
And let it close this very dark rift.

(the poetry of an eight-year-old by moleman915)

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I'd be really interested in seeing two games, one in Melee, and one in PM, played side by side with identical inputs using wave bird controllers.
If at all possible this is a brilliant idea.
@Moleman, Of course not with the demo but with the Alpha itself, and I meant possible more in the sense of time requirements/wavebird ownership of DEV's/Playtesters.

Edit: I am so sad, I look on brawlvault and there isn't a single texture for Green Arrow over Falcon T_T Howcuddishappun...

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
its very possible, and easy to do. Ive had the idea before, but I dont have two similar sized TVs and its not worth doing with the demo right now.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I feel like it would be to our benefit to show certain moves side by side in Melee and P:M in the same situations killing at the same %s or performing the same combos.
If you do do this, and it's a good idea, please include falco's down-air.

jalued

Smash Lord
i dont have a wii, i play brawl with the Dolphin emulator, so that is the reason for me for cant try the hacks like B- or P:M.

now this is posible, so i am very exiting for try this :)
this project and site does not support any illigal hacking methods, so please dont post about them here

GPDP

Smash Ace
i dont have a wii, i play brawl with the Dolphin emulator, so that is the reason for me for cant try the hacks like B- or P:M.

now this is posible, so i am very exiting for try this :)
lmao I was actually wondering if it was possible now, almost two years after the last thread asking this was made.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
But let there be a great gift.
And give the world what it wants most.
It will surely be a lift.
If shanus gave a very nice post.
And let it close this very dark rift.

(the poetry of an eight-year-old by moleman915)
Cheers to Mother's Day with a toast

)

Sup, I'm back from my weekend trip. Hoping to get a few matches up pretty soon.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!!! is posible!!!!!!!! ... is posible have P:M in Dolphin emulator
First of all I've known that's possible since B+ days, lol. Nothing new. All you do is make a digital SD card and install a system menu in Dolphin. Nothing difficult.

Also, to those who are saying it's illegal; It's not.

Assuming you extracted the necessary files from your own Wii, it's perfectly legal. It's just as legal as using a USB Loader. As long as you don't pirate any of the files it's fine =/. I use the USB Loader so there's not too long of loading times, and I use Dolphin if I feel like playing by myself and having HD Bawrl / Melee.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
P:M can be played on Dolphin??? EXCELENT!, now i just need a good pc to run Dolphin...
Also, no Blogspot and no Jcaesar videos today?

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Quite honestly, I think that the ability to play it on an emulator should be saved for the crowd who won't be able to play P:M due to regional compatibility.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wanna change the topic from the mammal.

JCaesar apparently has a lot of videos so please be patient.

Pity I couldn't attend Friday night's stream this time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, to those who are saying it's illegal; It's not.
It is still against the rules on SWF. As is discussing USB Loaders.

To everybody: Please cease to discuss methods of loading P:M other than those we've officially supported on our website. Thank you.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Jump in the IRC. Anything is usually fine to ask there since it isn't a part of MLG's forums.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
It is still against the rules on SWF. As is discussing USB Loaders.

To everybody: Please cease to discuss methods of loading P:M other than those we've officially supported on our website. Thank you.
I think it would be a good idea to stick that on the first post just as a reminder.

GPDP

Smash Ace
What could possibly be a better mother's day gift than a blogpost from our best and brightest bunch? :awesome:

Also, I know discussion is supposed to cease, but I just got this running on Dolphin, and all I can say is HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom