• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuV42hx1hA&feature=player_embedded

Yeaaaaaaaaah... so Brawl does have a form of crouch cancelling that reduces hitlag by a third...

Will this be looked at? Or has it already been?
Who do you think discovered it? It was Magus, who also did the CCing codes with shanus' help for PM. Just an FYI, CCing works like Melee so this isn't really an issue here.

Soooooo... I don't understand the... uh... complaint?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Who do you think discovered it? It was Magus, who also did the CCing codes with shanus' help for PM. Just an FYI, CCing works like Melee so this isn't really an issue here.

Soooooo... I don't understand the... uh... complaint?
It wasn't really a complaint. I did see Magus was the one who caught wind of this mechanic, so I thought as a result you all would have done something about it for Project M. I just wanted to make sure.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Did no one read this?!

HYPE!!
I FREAKING KNOW RIGHT!?

This is the last I'll bring up Roy, but have you considered giving some of his moves enough KB so that he isn't a sucker to CC'ing anymore? Like, the center of his dair and dtilt, perhaps? That would solve a lot of problems in his metagame.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I actually have watched quite a few videos of Neo in the past, and a couple of Sethlon. I must've missed the vast majority of the ones that were DED-ridden or something, because I don't really know what you're talking about.
lol, Neo definitly used DED A LOT. I used to be a major Neo fan back in the day because he was MD/VA.

How not? It's fast, has decent range, can cancel out of any walking or running animation into either direction and is a surefire 3 hits if the 1st didn't get CC'ed, or if he's up against a spacie at low %'s.
I was just saying it's nothing like his jab and his dash attack. And you can't CC and punish DED and that's why it's one of his best moves.

The dtilt is easy to CC? From what I've seen and done his dtilt cannot be CC'ed if it doesn't only nick you with the tip; it pops people up every time if they're at the center, right?
No, you can still CC it even if you sweetspot it.

The nair can be DI'ed out of, but only by smaller characters or anyone at very high %'s.
Nope, SDIing it down with any character isn't hard unless you're Bowser or DK or something.

I just have to disagree with this. I understand it can't gimp at early %'s, but his neutralB can most definitely gimp.
It can, but it isn't a good gimp.

That's what his long-range tilts, nair, and shieldgrab options are for, right?
What? This makes no sense.

Flexible because upB can be angled. Safe because of teh phire. That's what I meant. If you're comparing it to jiggz or link's recovery, then yeah, it isn't good. But for an average recovery, it's got it's perks IMO. I definitely wasn't saying it's OP or anything.
You really need to do your research. Marth can do that too, it's just fast so you don't see it. And CCing the fire isn't hard. If you look at ANY melee recovery tier list thread you'll notice that 90% of the lists from GOOD players say that Roy and Doc have the worst recoverys in the game.

He has his flaws, and I'm not about to say he's high tier material, but his system works. He has his crappy aerials that can easily be punished, but he has his f- and d-smash, grabs, tilts, DED and nair to keep him playable until his aerials have enough hitstun and KB
Fsmash and dsmash are extremly laggy and aren't good to rely on(this is why good Roys only combo into them), his tilts are just as easy to CC and punish as his aerials, the only things he has DED and grabs. Stop trying to argue that the whole melee has been over looking Roy for ten years or something. We know he sucks and we know why he sucks. He's not underrated, he sucks, really bad. He's almost bottom tier.

I'm just pointing out that people threw him aside because Marth was a little more polished. All he needs is a few buffs and tweaks here and there and he'll be fit for P:M; that's what I was getting at.

I disagree.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
*tests Roy out on a CC'ing foe*

Oh wow. I never knew Roy could be CC'ed so hard by freaking everyone. That pretty much destroys 2/3rds of my argument, like you did just now.

Sorry I ever brought him up; I'll do moar research before I post like that next time.

...he could really use a couple moves that can't be CC'ed, couldn't he? It seems they gave him a decent moveset but didn't realize either that CC exists or that CC'ing demolishes his metagame.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...he could really use a couple moves that can't be CC'ed, couldn't he? It seems they gave him a decent moveset but didn't realize either that CC exists or that CC'ing demolishes his metagame.
The only decent thing about Roy's moveset is that it's based on Marth's. Completely inferior to Marth's, but based on it nonetheless.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
*tests Roy out on a CC'ing foe*

Oh wow. I never knew Roy could be CC'ed so hard by freaking everyone. That pretty much destroys 2/3rds of my argument, like you did just now.

Sorry I ever brought him up; I'll do moar research before I post like that next time.

I would just revamp his whole aerial game. He can do some sexy combos but they have to be long and they have to combo into a fsmash to kill. It's kinda gay.

The only things I would keep is his DED, fsmash, grabs, dtilt (its really good for combos even tho you can CC it), counter, and maybe his neutrel B (maybe he could take Marths new one.).

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Me too, but only if his sweetspot hits deal more damage/have more KB. Drawing someone in wouldn't be worth it otherwise, obviously.

The only things I would keep is his DED, fsmash, grabs, dtilt (its really good for combos even tho you can CC it), counter, and maybe his neutrel B (maybe he could take Marths new one.).
Yeah, that's all definitely worth keeping. His dtilt's center having enough KB to not be CC'ed would be nice, too.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Roy does warrant having a new air game, and counter is my favorite move from him.

Having tippers draw people in is not all it's cracked up to be.
That can easily bite you in the butt when they DI towards you and punish.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Roy does warrant having a new air game, and counter is my favorite move from him.

Having tippers draw people in is not all it's cracked up to be.
That can easily bite you in the butt when they DI towards you and punish.
True...perhaps only on certain moves then? Like, how about his aerials only? I cringe at the thought of the tip of roy's dtilt drawing a CC'ing opponent into him.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Azen ... doesn't say much. I'm not sure he really has an opinion on it. He just plays whatever he wants and *****.

:phone:

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Since it didn't get a response several pages ago, what needs to be accomplished before the patch is released?

Did Wolf get a new running animation? I hope so because that old one isn't really much of a run.

I expected him to be fast traveling on all fours.
This is an amazing idea.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Marth may cover a tiny bit more distance with his recovery, but the fact that Roy can upB at many different angles and hit anything near him away with phire makes it safer IMO. If my friend didn't sweetspot the stage with his upB, he was dead. If I upB'ed close enough to him, I would hit him with phire and grab the ledge. It just seems safer than Marth's.

Oh wow. I never noticed how hard Roy could be CC'ed. That's his problem...I see.

I actually have watched quite a few videos of Neo in the past, and a couple of Sethlon. I must've missed the vast majority of the ones that were DED-ridden or something, because I don't really know what you're talking about.

How not? It's fast, has decent range, can cancel out of any walking or running animation into either direction and is a surefire 3 hits if the 1st didn't get CC'ed, or if he's up against a spacie at low %'s.

The dtilt is easy to CC? From what I've seen and done his dtilt cannot be CC'ed if it doesn't only nick you with the tip; it pops people up every time if they're at the center, right?

The nair can be DI'ed out of, but only by smaller characters or anyone at very high %'s.

I just have to disagree with this. I understand it can't gimp at early %'s, but his neutralB can most definitely gimp.

That's what his long-range tilts, nair, and shieldgrab options are for, right?

Flexible because upB can be angled. Safe because of teh phire. That's what I meant. If you're comparing it to jiggz or link's recovery, then yeah, it isn't good. But for an average recovery, it's got it's perks IMO. I definitely wasn't saying it's OP or anything.

He has his flaws, and I'm not about to say he's high tier material, but his system works. He has his crappy aerials that can easily be punished, but he has his f- and d-smash, grabs, tilts, DED and nair to keep him playable until his aerials have enough hitstun and KB. I'm just pointing out that people threw him aside because Marth was a little more polished. All he needs is a few buffs and tweaks here and there and he'll be fit for P:M; that's what I was getting at.
You know nothing about roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom