• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I read that you wont be adding Melee characters back in. I want to get a little in-depth on that. What if the character had sufficient data in the game, but lacked a character select only? (Sorry if this has been asked tons of times.)

I'm just thinking that you might be able to make the character select for them, and other characters that have data that just weren't finished off. (I heard this happened with Plusle-Minen tag team, sorta like pokemon version IC.)
All those "characters with 'sufficient' data in them" are just the extra 7(?) Character ID slots. That's it. There are no hitbox or animation data,etc on them.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought the balancing process would be pretty easy, but if all characters are going to have as interesting and complex strategies and techniques as Lucario's, balancing sounds really difficult

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Well, some thoughts on the approach used to build the new Lucario:

I've watched the stream, and his new style seems very, very cool. The whole idea of several canceling moves seems great, and might add a lot to the character.

My only concern is how he fits into the fighting-style of Super Smash Brothers. I'm not even talking about balance here. He might end up crap, on god tier, we can't judge that right now.

The real question is: Does he fit well into the Smash-Style? We never had a character with those capabilities before, and even the most weirdest smash fighters don't have anything in common with that.

This might work, but I would like to hear (read) what were the designer's thoughts when deciding this approach, and how you guys plan to make him fit well into the game.

Also, should we consider giving those capabilities to other characters as well?

camerino1

Smash Lord
All those "characters with 'sufficient' data in them" are just the extra 7(?) Character ID slots. That's it. There are no hitbox or animation data,etc on them.
I wasn't entirely sure on how much data was input for them. I guess that sucks for me, I would like my Roy back.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Idk what people are talking about with dial-a-combos. What, are y'all saying that what Luc has is similar to the auto-jab combos? Seems to me that you need to memorize the timing to cancel into your next move, or it'll whiff. I can definitely see a lot of stuff whiffing as a result of SDI on the comboee's part.

From my memory, Lucario doesn't even have fast enough kill moves to combo into from the canceling, with the exception of Aura Sphere (mainly cause I don't know how it functions with the latest changes to Luc.).

Edit: My bad, I let this post sit for awhile before posting. Didn't realize Shanus had responded already.

jalued

Smash Lord
i do like the new lucario, he was always so dull in brawl.

having 40 characters can mean that many are far too similer, this is a nice way to differentiate between characters, and it seems that lucario will be a very technical and deep character

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
I dunno. It could be cool, but this seems like the sorta thing that'd go in B-, especially the buffed Up+B and Neutral B. I think the old moveset seemed better, but that's just me.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Was shanus's stream recorded? i'd like to see that lucario more, you'll use him in future streams right?

shanus

Smash Hero
All aerials can OHC into specials

OHC has a window which is establiahed post hitlag (you can buffer during the hitlag - just like a l-cancel)

At firat, i was weary at to how he would fit into the cast, but it feels surprisingly natural. If you remember, lucarios old moves and combos were fast, repetive strings (ie apam fair in a atring with melee physics). This gives a huge technical araenal which maintains that low knockback comvo feel, but has so much potential but requires a TON of practice. Ive put in a lot of practice into just knowing how to integrate ASSC (aura sphere shield cancel) into my gameplay into my gameplay, but oncwe fighting humans how difficult it can be to do dynamic combos without a lot of practice

:phone:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Procario looks amazing! Looks like a lot of fun.

Still needs more Mewtwo though ;_;
Lucario being less Mewtwo-like is better, if the clone engine is finished then with these changes they won't look similar.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Lucario will need a command list hee hee.

Has Force Palm been changed?

yes, would be nice have a comand list in the main page of proyect M, i mean, Characters like Snake, Lucas, ROB, Lucario and the others newcomers from vBrawl have big diferences in his movesets and styles, would be a good idea see a moveset list of all the characters of P:M, that would help to have more people interested in the Demo.

fopr example:

I like play with Link, but i dont like the melee Link because he dont have very good kill power. but after to see the comand list, with pictures showibg the new kill power, born into me the wish of play P:M.

Wooow, now Lucas have a move than make him stronger, i want give it a try
this is just an idea :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Falco is basically Fox, with slightly different physics.

Lucario and Mewtwo just have 2 things in common.
1. Good rolls
2. Large circle projectile

Otherwise nothing is identical. I mean, Mewtwo has almost no range and Lucario is the epitome of it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
A command list isn't necessary. What is needed is some sort of "how to play" or "combo manual" video/list. We all now (and those who don't can figure it out in one match with said character) X character does y move when you press b/a in any direction.

Edit: A P:M advanced how to play video basically.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
@ IYM!

You're misunderstanding what a command list is. Slashy was asking for a list that details the button combinations to execute Lucario's move's (i.e. what buttons to press to execute Lucario's ex specials).

What you are asking for is more like an article explaining the changes in characters from melee/brawl to P:M. This has already been done for all the characters in the demo, but their website is down, so you can't see it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
@ IYM!

You're misunderstanding what a command list is. Slashy was asking for a list that details the button combinations to execute Lucario's move's (i.e. what buttons to press to execute Lucario's ex specials).

What you are asking for is more like an article explaining the changes in characters from melee/brawl to P:M. This has already been done for all the characters in the demo, but their website is down, so you can't see it.
Big Aura Sphere: press A during Aura Sphere's start up or charge.
Yep, we need a command list.

Seriously guys, a character page should be enough.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
As stated, we do have a guide/command list on what moves cancel into each other. We probably will not post it to the public as Lucario isn't being played by the public and we are the only ones who need it because we're using Lucario. Same with having a character page for characters not in the demo. lol

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
btw the New Lucario is almost like ryu and goku combined espically the nair and "spirit bomb"

B-Rod Z

Smash Rookie
Any work on Ice Climbers? I saw a video and you said no work was done but that was a while ago.

In particular will you be able to control the direction of Nana's throw? (Idk if you could do this in vbrawl, I haven't played it seriously in like two years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom