• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was just forced to watch Black Swan.....and That movie was much crazier than I knew. I actually enjoyed it. It's FAR from a chick flick...****ing nutty **** in that movie.

Anyways.....Who's doing the Trailer anyway and why post music? Why not let the person building it decide?

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
<_< takin a ride on the band wagon in 3...2...1 Shoot its late, who cares...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP21Rzh88GM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3c1rrqj_kY / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMr9KjdchSw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYoYjSlo6B0&feature=grec_index
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2w4CU6Vc4&feature=related#movie_player had to;) http://breakbit.bandcamp.com/track/bustapop-cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKl5LEm_1E cheesily epic >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_CRbbHzT0Q speaking of which I am confident this isn't feasable, but would I be able to use Dant's new music/sound editing to make this play uninterrupted through title-stage (PS: I know this is an idiotic question and that it pretty much definately doesn't work this way, but a guy can hope can't he?)

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I was just forced to watch Black Swan.....and That movie was much crazier than I knew. I actually enjoyed it. It's FAR from a chick flick...****ing nutty **** in that movie.

Anyways.....Who's doing the Trailer anyway and why post music? Why not let the person building it decide?
The trailer for Black Swan comes off as a chick flick? :confused:

Also, has anyone looked into orchestrated music? That type of music makes anything seem higher than life and also sounds good.

Kati

Smash Lord
heeyyy. That's a good idea. They had a great medley as well as a menu and trophy room mix as well.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is YTL getting the Fire Spike? I really am hoping to be able to pull off hookshot -> Fire Spike, I just pulled it off the other day in Melee as YL. LOLs were had, especially since it was last stock, he was at 45% and I was at 210% or something.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So easy to have my day made. I just ask about something that's not too ridiculous, find out its in, and my day is made.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
I have a question... So are you guys or can you change how the game decides what are self destructs? Cause I've literally jumped off the stage without being hit and I don't get a SD haha. It's not a big deal if you aren't just wondering.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have a question... So are you guys or can you change how the game decides what are self destructs? Cause I've literally jumped off the stage without being hit and I don't get a SD haha. It's not a big deal if you aren't just wondering.
Thats not a valuable use of our time.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I believe you get a SD if upon death you had jumps or if applicable your up+b remaining and weren't hit by anything. However, if you use all your jumps and don't live, the game doesn't register it as an SD because it considers that having tried to survive. If you jump off-stage and use all three of your jumps, it isn't an SD. If you simply dive into the blast zone, it is an SD. Some characters actually can not SD by simply diving off the stage, because they don't have a third jump that sends you into special fall, I believe, like Yoshi and Zero Suit Samus.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
You guys should make Olimar's Nair the new Fox Copter (jumping like using Nair to get a boost!) and Oli should spin his pikmin in the air over his head as his new ^B instead of that awful tether

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Talking about Olimar, I think that we should keep the 'I can only recover if I have Pikmin' feel of his Up-B, but make it a non-tether recovery.

For example, he could sacrifice a Pikmin (throwing it down or exploding it) to get a jump, and if he has no Pikmins, no jumps for him.

Another thing about him: Ordering up Pikmins to choose which one you want to use is a real pain in the ***, and has a great deal of luck involved from pulling them from the ground. Unless we make a predictable way to pull the right kind of Pikmin, I think their colors should be only cosmetical.

However, we could create a 'Pull Order' to help players predict their Pikmins. Example: First one is a Red, then a Blue, and so on, until it comes backto Red.

Revven

FrankerZ
The thing is BinAly, there isn't a practical way to code that because Pikmin plucks are determined on mostly terrain and there's so many other variables involved as well besides just terrain. Olimar is such an alien of a character that the only way you can actually do most of ANYTHING that you guys are talking about is with his rel. And because his rel encompasses more than just himself, it's not easy to sift through it because of the tons and tons of different things for each Pikmin as WELL as Olimar's usual character things that every other character has.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
The thing is BinAly...
I was not aware of the mind-bending monster that Olimar is to code. However, you guys will need to tackle this problem sooner or later, right?

Is there a way to simplify Olimar? I guess this would probably mean removing the Pikmins. Is it easier to rework the character as a more standard fighter?

Options could include using the Pikmins just as animations for his attacks, like Mario's Fire-Ball or Samus Missiles.

Maybe he is a character that should be left aside until things like the Clone-Engine are fixed? This way you guys would be able to rework him totally in a more simpler way.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Original?

Who gives a damn about being original. Everyone's a critic. And as far as being original goes; its all been done before. That's a self defeating goal.

How about you guys choose what sounds good. That sounds like a start.
There is a difference between "be original" and "be MORE original."

the latter of which i said. just because it's all been done before doesnt mean you can be more original than the norm. :V

also if people keep using the same 4 genre's of music all the damn time, it wears down how good it sounds.

Most combo video music is pretty "standard" and "generic" cuz you here the same **** all the time.

You can sift through combo videos easily and see very little to no comments about the music as well as the content.

Most of the music doesnt even really add to the video or help flesh it out or liven it up, which sucks.

tl;dr - there are more than just 4 genre's that exists when it comes to combo video music. use em.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Really? Cause on my more popular youtube videos I get dozens of comments about the music. And I pretty much stick to rock/metal VG remixes.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
How about making olimar a complete mind set character. like lets say his pikmin change his abilities. I know it already does it in game sort of but I was thinking. like only certian colors are the thrown ones. Like for example if he uses a smash attack he will only choose the purple one. idk if it would be possible to do but I think it would work the best for him.

Make his Smash attacks = Purple
Projectile = white,yellow,red
Grabs = Blue

hence that way he could get the best setup possible. but for a return idk how or what a good plan for him would be considering its another stupid tether.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
The Shyguy made me a program that might be able to help you guys, it's called the "Floating Point Editor"

He said he wasn't going to be brawl hacking any more, so i'm sure he wouldn't mind if i gave you guys a copy, but i have no idea how PM on this site. LOL

So can someone send me a message so that i can send you guys a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom