• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
The Shyguy made me a program that might be able to help you guys, it's called the "Floating Point Editor"

He said he wasn't going to be brawl hacking any more, so i'm sure he wouldn't mind if i gave you guys a copy, but i have no idea how PM on this site. LOL

So can someone send me a message so that i can send you guys a copy
Heh, no need to. Hex editors work just fine. :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Meh, there is nothing unoriginal about VGMetal. Metal is the only instrumental art that has reached the level of variation in its approaches since Classical. There are so many type of Metal, I could not count. Heck, most metal fans like orchestral music.

So long as it's not stuff like Screamer or Death Metal, it could attract a lot of people. If it's Rap, techno, hip hop, R&B, country, whatever, it would turn off a lot more people. If you don't like metal, you haven't heard good metal, most likely. Not all metal is crazy.

Also, synthesized sound is bland, and annoying, I feel.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm somewhere in-between on synth music. It can be really good, but sometimes it's really trash. Very much hit and miss.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
We did? As a general rule I ignore everything slashy says.
Apparently Dark Sonic ignores both of you.

Ninja'D! With a link to myself…

A few hundred pages back, there was a seemingly unanimous decision among posters that Olimar should only have three Pikmin out at a time, thus decreasing the difficulty in choosing the right one.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Classical and smash is kind of nice. I've done a few videos with some Beethoven and some Vivaldi Iirc. Turned out okay.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Speaking of Olimar, mentioned this yesterday I believe (or was it the day before?)

Oh, I got an idea. Olimar need a recovery option when he doesn't have pikmin first off - maybe make aerial neutral B do something. When Olimar does have pikimin however, they create a diagonal chain as usual that can grab the ledge. But if there is no ledge to grab, the pikmin at the end of the line tosses the rest up. This would be a relatively weak recovery usually, with one exception - if you had a purple pikmin. A purple pikmin would always be at the end of the chain if you had one, and it would be able to throw Olimar as high as an IC does with Belay. Pretty cool huh?
AFAIK that tether idea is not possible at all.
ICs use a very similar mechanic. I can see the purple pikmin thing being a bit of a hang up, but otherwise it's nothing that couldn't be figured out given a bit of time and some modders putting their heads together I bet. Might take a while, but as far as ideas go, I think it stays true to how Olimar works while giving him better options.

And as far as possible goes, whenever I question whether something is possible or not in the modding scene, I just think back to what was possible 2 years ago. Not that we'd want to wait that long for one mechanic, but I doubt a bit of effort wouldn't figure that out much sooner.

Would be nice to hear what the devs have planned for Olimar. What have they been maybe playing around with as far as ideas go. Obviously they don't want to put a bunch of work into something they might not use, but who knows - at least I don't.
I would still like to hear what the devs have been doing. Have you guys been ignoring Olimar for now or have you been playing with a bunch of different ideas. I understand that Olimar is a mess to code - as you have described - but like someone said, he obviously needs to be figured out at some point.

And the pikmin are what Olimar is all about. Everything should be done to make sure that they're still very much an integral part of his game. Also, imo, removing the pikimin's effects would be a bad idea. If something were to be simplified gameplay-wise, I like the idea of having certain pikimin do only certain actions.

Of course, none of this would be easy or even possible with what is currently known, but these ideas may as well be considered now so as to have some goal in mind when coding Olimar properly becomes more of a reality. I don't think you guys would throw something together in avoidance of his more troublesome attributes and come up with a character that isn't true to Olimar or heavily simplified - that's just not your style. So here's to looking forward to whatever Olimar might become as a result of the PM team's hard work and effort. People like me, with basically no coding ability, will do our best to help by providing our ideas. Ultimately though, it's in your skilled hands.. so to speak.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Olimar is pretty much ignored right now due to basically anything that people want is in his .rel and his .rel is not figured out yet. This is why IMO you guys should lay off on the Olimar ideas because we can't really tell if the idea is or isn't possible due to his .rel not being entirely figured out. :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
making a PM combo video to Bass Down Low brb

errday is like my birthday and we sip champagne when we thirstay

leelue

Smash Lord
damn right I love the life I live
'cuz I went from negative to positive...

And if you don't know, then that's fine.

But is anyone else noticing a delay (when compared to melee) between teching and being able to react once you pop up? I've been receiving complaints that my ganon Boots have been hitting people even though they are trying to shield.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
'But is anyone else noticing a delay (when compared to melee) between teching and being able to react once you pop up?
I did not notice a delay on teching, but it seems a lot more easier to hit people when they are on get-up/fall-down/grounded animations.

Also, the Falco on the DEMO is pissing me off, really. Those ****ing blasters have increased delay, and own the **** out me me every time. I know, has been corrected already. Just getting it out of my system.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Could you tell us more or is it better to keep it at that?
Well, it isn't really nice to say you guys solved a major thing without even hinting on what it is about.

Just don't say anything if you don't want to say anything... :(

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
pffft hahaha. Neko, genius. sig'd. As for the fix, I'm hope it's ledge occupancy, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom