• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
why are you always like this, grim? you seem to own a way of thought that wishes to disprove everything. i'd say it makes for good discussion, but you don't explain your side of things very well.

many things are melee-like in their aid towards melee behavior. as in, they set up for quick-witted situations in a very transparent, glaringly obvious way. windboxes are just not that transparent...eheh.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
snake's moveset now fits into the project m environment. it took a decent amount of work to do.
don't be silly, stRIP. just because something wasn't in melee doesn't mean it can't find a place in Project M. that said, g&w's uair having a windbox was dumb.
"was dumb". The greatest argument in the history of arguments is right here folks.

I don't see why G&W's uair doesn't fit into the "P:M environment".

Sterowent

Smash Ace
g&w windbox uair was a juggling move that exclusively stalled. it was too strong to combo with, so in essence it was just boring and useless. unless you were fighting kirby. then it killed him with no trouble at all.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
the nice thing about melee is that if you were doing something to your opponent, you were doing one of two things: mindgames, or hitting them. windboxes, on principle, are there to make it seem like you hit your opponent when you aren't. windboxes, then, are not melee-like at all.

oh, my bad about ffers. you know, it's true, they'd fall so fast that it'd make uair pretty **** in that matchup. so, really, this move is either terrible vs ffers, boring vs nonffers, or overpowered vs floaties. all in one move.

stRIP

Smash Ace
snake's moveset now fits into the project m environment. it took a decent amount of work to do.
don't be silly, stRIP. just because something wasn't in melee doesn't mean it can't find a place in Project M. that said, g&w's uair having a windbox was dumb.
lold, im pro for brawl sideB of Ganon and against windboxes.

ganons brawl sideB is a melee style move BECAUSE it leads to good techchases and stuff.

Windboxes never were in melee and they are not THAT usefull anyway

._.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I did like the way you could save team mates with it. If I can find a way to allow this while making it less annoying in other scenarios (starting with much smaller hitbox and BKB) then I may be persuaded to add it back in for testing.

The other potential legitimate usage would be to bait a dair etc. from the falling character, Uair them which would cause just enough of a stall to mess up the timing of the move, then punish.

Then again, you can save team mates with the hitting portion of Uair, so maybe it's best to just let it die.

/shrug

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah, that reminded me of a question I asked long ago. Did the parameters for active dead weight hitboxes get significantly reduced? I know it's a major complaint in 2v2 for dead weight to be so sensitive and I'm pretty sure shanus said he knew where and how to modify those bits. The only thing that would've exclusively needed sensitive dead weight boxes was Mario's FThrow to prevent shenanigans like the hilarious throw chains in this video.

To clarify, has this been done yet?

On the topic of wind boxes, I've generally seen disliking for them. To me, they don't look appealing and their function just feels out-of-place. I'd rather have special hitboxes that at least put the character in tumble along with the effect (hence the idea of hybrid Boomerang for Link making a lot more sense then leaving it as it is). And like others said about Ganondorf's Brawl Side B, tech chases are a staple of Melee gameplay. It's the bread and butter of a fight between one player's skill in prediction and the other's abilities to elude those predictions.
Or some cheeseball definition like that; I felt that was a pretty bad description

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Isn't GAW'S uair a trumpet? Since when do trumpets release forceful amounts of air, specifically, enough to lift a person?

/trying to be realistic with a smash game

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The biggest problem with the windboxes on Uair really boils down to the ******** 0% kill situations.
You can argue that it was the opponent's fault for jumping as you ooooaired but no move should be able to kill at 0% like that. Look at all the other moves that have that kind of killing potential and you can see where his Uair kind of breaks that pattern.

I'm sad that the windboxes are dead, but I think the reasoning is more than okay.
I think JCaesar has videos of a few windbox kills in PM on his account, and they don't belong in Melee imo.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I got to play with some Melee players during Melee pools at apex and **** did I have fun. Most of the stuff they were doing in Melee carried over but like the devs said, some things aren't perfect yet.

Let me tell you this, the Melee players freaked out at the fact that Zamus has armour pieces, they were like screaming in their seats at how dumb that was. Lol@Nintendo.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
With the Gdubs U-air windboxes. Wouldn't just including like extremely low KB on the windboxes be able to cancel momentum, but not really be able to juggle / kill? Or am I mistaken?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I got to play with some Melee players during Melee pools at apex and **** did I have fun. Most of the stuff they were doing in Melee carried over but like the devs said, some things aren't perfect yet.

Let me tell you this, the Melee players freaked out at the fact that Zamus has armour pieces, they were like screaming in their seats at how dumb that was. Lol@Nintendo.
I think I played you but i'm not sure. I was the guy with Wife's Name tag :laugh:

however your right. ZSS's items have to go somehow or be nerfed to the point of doing no damage or something.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It was confirmed pages ago that they're already gone in the latest build.
Honestly I try to avoid reading as much of it as I can these days lol. TBH I don't really have much of an opinion on ZSS because I've never really played samus in either game. My brother however would probably take interest but...idk not me.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Will windboxes be removed completely, or will they be nerfed? I am all for characters like ike having small windboxes with some of their aerials, tilts and smash attacks, but I'd have to agee; windboxes that can keep you from touching the ground quickly and safely or that can kill you at 0% are against everything that is melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the only windboxes i'd be fine staying in P:M would be Pit's up-b.......that's about it

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
He's probably referring to the ones that push people away. =]
Kirby and Dedede inhale windboxes can actually push people away. Anyway, I got the point.

Well, implementing some lil' windboxes in Toon Link UpB would be great.

But making him move while spinning in the ground like wind waker and brawl minus would be much better(not moving in all that speed of brawl minus of course).

Starscream

Smash Ace
But making him move while spinning in the ground like wind waker and brawl minus would be much better(not moving in all that speed of brawl minus of course).
This. Totally this. I had no idea that Brawl- already did something like that with him. I'm all for making this game the best Melee 2 that it can be but this is something that I wanted to see on TL since before we even knew he was in Brawl. Maybe just make the uncharged version Melee Up-B and the charged up version can be longer and able to move around like in Wind Waker.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Who put up the Sonic vs Falcon match O_O? Was that suppose to be private or no? Also....at some point I will have to make another trailer. *cries*

G

genkaku

Toon link is losing the windboxes on his dair's connection with the ground?
Those were useful.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Who put up the Sonic vs Falcon match O_O? Was that suppose to be private or no? Also....at some point I will have to make another trailer. *cries*
please make it better, there's got to be better footage now
or let someone else handle it

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Toon link is losing the windboxes on his dair's connection with the ground?
Those were useful.
It's supposed to be a "Kinda high risk, kinda high reward" move. Windboxes shoving people out of the way kinda eliminates some of the risk.

Plus you don't zoom to the ground anymore, so it didn't make nearly as much sense.

G

genkaku

It's supposed to be a "Kinda high risk, kinda high reward" move. Windboxes shoving people out of the way kinda eliminates some of the risk.

Plus you don't zoom to the ground anymore, so it didn't make nearly as much sense.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about the lack of zoom.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
please make it better, there's got to be better footage now
or let someone else handle it
I'll be patient this time. Last time I didn't have access to some things and I only planed on making a teaser but it ended up being bigger then I expected. I'm also going to wait until there are some new "Unseen" things uploaded. I will try to focus on showing 3 things next time.

1. The return of Famous things like "Ken combo's" and "Dropzone knee"

2. New things and characters that haven't been shown off to the public yet.

3. not including glitches or moves that will be redone or changed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom