• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm pretty sure you AGT in Melee but the distance is really miniscule.
really? i thought this was a new thing. I know you can glide toss in melee though
I'm (pretty sure) you can cancel airdodges with item throws so you can just airdodge in whatever direction you want and throw.

I've only done it with peach but I'm assuming all characters can do it.

I'll test it out tomorrow and come back to edit this post.
okay so after some testing, I found out you can basically aerial glide toss with everyone in melee but you barely go anywhere. not very useful but nice to know :p

here's a video I made demonstrating it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCzjb9H2PA

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Awesome, Gamewatching! But stages should be your first priority. More people want Yoshi's Story Melee and Fountain of Dreams than Melee vertex hacks. Stages are going to be included with Project M, but vertex hacks will be optional.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i know !

FrozenHobo told me that the PMBRers are getting impatient to try out melee stages :-U

i will try to give them a non-public beta tomorrow !

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Awesome, Gamewatching! But stages should be your first priority. More people want Yoshi's Story Melee and Fountain of Dreams than Melee vertex hacks. Stages are going to be included with Project M, but vertex hacks will be optional.
melee fox as of now most of the PMBR is considering making official

shanus

Smash Hero
melee fox as of now most of the PMBR is considering making official
I am 99% sure that we agreed that no vertex hack of a character will ever be construed as official so no.

Stages are the utmost priority as compared to vertex hacks. Vertex hacks will be provided as an optional bundled download.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
apparently i'm wrong despite the fact that it would make the game better
sorry guys

Sterowent

Smash Ace
will his brawl grab range be even possible to not be broken in a melee environment? the combination of range, speed, and use (i assume) would make throws his main strength. it'd be cool if he remained a grappler, but the rest of his moveset could use some synergy, especially the parts outside those that give him the option to spam all day to great success.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Lucario needs some buffs or something.
-Maybe being able to attack out of UpB or give it more momentum?
-Maybe make him a fastfaller and take out the stall on his dair. His L-cancels seems kinda pointless since he is so floaty and stalls.
-Possible speed up on his utilt or make him heavier/faster?
-Could make his aura attacks keep people burning like Olimar's pikmin? (until they roll or something)
Not to make him broken, it's just that he doesn't have much defense against fast paced action.

Link, needs an upgrade on the UpB/hookshot. His only good recovery option that I see is to aerial glide toss a bomb and UpB into it, then UpB again. Maybe make is utilt a it faster too? I'm assuming having the hook shot cling to any part of a wall is too tough to code?

Fox's shine seems a bit off, maybe it isn't sending them far enough horizontally? I'm not sure, anyone else notice that?

Props to all Project M staff, you guys are doing amazing work.

jalued

Smash Lord
i dont see how olimar would work in a melee environment, as he basically revolved around retreating spamming and shield-grabbing. So play him against fox..and bye bye olimar

any new ideas for his playstyle? i hated olimar in brawl...

oh and any thoughts on making lucario's f-smash a little less disjointed?

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
lol shadic
also shame about foxes vertex
olimar's gonna be tough to meleefy so i don't think you should try to make him similar to brawl because it won't work imo

OverLade

Smash Hero
Someone hasn't watched the recent vids of Lee Martin.
Trufax Lucario seems OP as it is. Transcedent priority that's partially invisible now has legit shieldstun.. His recovery has to go past the ledge which is a weakness but he can attack afterwards making the window to punish him small.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Ooo, can I get a link to the vidz? I must be using an outdated version of P:M =)

@Olimar: What about jump cancelable ForwardB/Whistle? Use forwardB and wavedash to approach? Single hitbox for uair or utilt for combos? He seems decent though, I feel like the retreat playstyle is more of a user preference than a built in characteristic.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not sure what to say about Olimar tbh. Unless you make him able to fight without pikman and he can pull out 1 at Time. Then you'd have to change his upB completely....idk..Im out of ideas completely.

bleyva

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what to say about Olimar tbh. Unless you make him able to fight without pikman and he can pull out 1 at Time. Then you'd have to change his upB completely....idk..Im out of ideas completely.
way less pikmin, new upB.....agreed

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think a jump-cancellable forward b for olimar would be interesting.

Some other ideas I have:

Do something with his jab. Make it usable.

his forward tilt should go farther.

His down tilt should be quicker.

Make his down b (whistle) slow down his fall, but not by too much.

Nerf his grab range.

idk what else

matt4300

Smash Ace
I think a jump-cancellable forward b for olimar would be interesting.

Some other ideas I have:

Do something with his jab. Make it usable.

his forward tilt should go farther.

His down tilt should be quicker.

Make his down b (whistle) slow down his fall, but not by too much.

Nerf his grab range.

idk what else
Nerf grab speed... and nerf smash speed... annnndddd nerf side-B!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
this conversation is definitely forced. i mean, how much olimar have most of us seen? how many people even play him? i know the japanese have a couple oli's, and i know shanus is familiar with the little man, but what can he really do that transcends the spam and the grabs? not many people will be offering legitimate advice on this subject, i imagine. i know i was grasping at straws...

edit: besides nerfs, hah.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
How about making pikmin die once they bloom rather than reducing the limit? Make them bloom faster or at different rates?

Have his jab pop them up at higher percents to setup for UpB or fair/bair?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Jump-cancellable pikmin throws would be Olimar's equivalent of a shine ->waveadash, only not as useful, but still useful. Olimar needs an approach option, and this would give him one IMO.

Pikmin throw ->wavedash-> smash attack. or something. idk

shanus

Smash Hero
I have an amazing idea conjured for olimar that i will share after people keep posting ideas. I can tell you the BR is pretty hyped for it, but I don't want to taint any unique good ideas before i do.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Ya that's what I was thinking. Adds a lot of mixups like symphonic says.

Works great for Wolf's lasers and Ike's ForwardB, Oli could forwardB jump canceled grab, or ForwardB wavedash aerial.

But I guess it could be used for more runaway.... I dunno, I think it all depends on the user.

Edit: OOOh, what about making pikmin not return unless he whistles? Maybe other people can pickup and toss them?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
fair enough.

welp, guess i'll pull some ideas out of my *** here...
how long is an opponent considered 'on fire' after a flame hit? or a water hit? or what have you. maybe olimar could do some strange effect when he chains the right attacks on opponents based on the pikmin they're hit with? aka a stronger hit with a blue pikmin on a flaming opponent, or a weaker hit for a red pikmin on a wet (???) opponent, or a kill hit for a purple on an opponent with a white on them. this would make his sideB more than just a spam move, it'd give incentive to put a pikmin on an opponent, followed by making a short but sweet combo on them.

not the best idea, but there you go

edit: it might be feasible since the pokemon are weak vs. certain elemental attacks. if that can be solved, it could be made a temporary effect on oli's pikmin riddled opponents. maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom