• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Pits up B Idea:
Imagine pit charging for a fraction of a second and getting ready to do one big flap of his wings

and then when he does, he pushes himself (with a blue light trailing behind him) foreward and a bit up (kind of like wolf's side B's angle)

except after that initial push he goes into standard glide mode, in wich he can attack (and go into freefall?)

when he goes into gliding mode his momentum gained from his up B would allow him to glide (most of the time he'd want to spend his momentup going upward obviously) with some speed for a short time, kind of like starting off in a glide that had just leveled out from a dive a character height or so tall.

possibly, whatever direction the controll stick is pushed in (wich direction hes facing) he would do the corresponding air attack, and maybe the Z button for his regular gliding attack.

if the upB itsself did damage, it could push people close to his direction, so he can hit them afterwards (using his disposal of air moves to catch the oppponent, since they can DI low or high.

in that mannor it would be somewhat like hitting with sonic's spin dash on the ground and jumping and following up with an attack.

this would be pretty easy to make I'd imagine, just a short animation, or reworking an old one, and scripting him to go into glide after. (and figuring out if you can alter his glide's starting energy)

Anyone like this idea?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pits up B Idea:
Imagine pit charging for a fraction of a second and getting ready to do one big flap of his wings

and then when he does, he pushes himself (with a blue light trailing behind him) foreward and a bit up (kind of like wolf's side B's angle)

except after that initial push he goes into standard glide mode, in wich he can attack (and go into freefall?)

when he goes into gliding mode his momentum gained from his up B would allow him to glide (most of the time he'd want to spend his momentup going upward obviously) with some speed for a short time, kind of like starting off in a glide that had just leveled out from a dive a character height or so tall.

possibly, whatever direction the controll stick is pushed in (wich direction hes facing) he would do the corresponding air attack, and maybe the Z button for his regular gliding attack.

if the upB itsself did damage, it could push people close to his direction, so he can hit them afterwards (using his disposal of air moves to catch the oppponent, since they can DI low or high.

in that mannor it would be somewhat like hitting with sonic's spin dash on the ground and jumping and following up with an attack.

this would be pretty easy to make I'd imagine, just a short animation, or reworking an old one, and scripting him to go into glide after. (and figuring out if you can alter his glide's starting energy)

Anyone like this idea?
I Like the idea actually however with his current moveset I could see him suddenly getting alot worse overall. I'd say like everything it is worth a test.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
G

genkaku

Metaknight looks to have a high learning curve and be a ton of fun to play. I'm very eager.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I can dig it. Maybe a bit too much hitlag on nair, but other than that he's looking pretty good. I was initially iffy about retaining the glide, but I actually like the prospect of keeping it separate from shuttle loop. Fastfaller status + what appears to be the quickest moveset in the game should make him pretty fun to play. I'm looking forward to some gimping action.

Can we assume that because that was posted on the official channel he's pretty close to done?

OverLade

Smash Hero
TBH I'm really confused as to why that video was made public. I SD'd twice, and it's not even using the current build of MK...we've had 2 updates since then. I don't mind so if they put it up without asking me that's all good but I have a feeling it may just be a mistake... Anyways hope you enjoy if anything. We're working hard to remove the gimmicks but keep what makes the character fast and fun to play as.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so I got accepted and joined the PM back room today/yesterday :)

is there any reason why you can't wavedash out of shield?

I know you can wavedash OoS by using one shoulder button but the way I do it is by holding L for shield and pressing X+R for wavedashing. :(

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Grats C0nn0r! so when can i come over? xD

EDIT: and i know exactly what ur talking about...i wavedash OoS the same way you do

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
MK is definitely not ready to be made public.

so I got accepted and joined the PM back room today/yesterday :)

is there any reason why you can't wavedash out of shield?

I know you can wavedash OoS by using one shoulder button but the way I do it is by holding L for shield and pressing X+R for wavedashing. :(
Please don't ask questions like this in the public thread. Shanus is working on a fix right now.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
On Olimar-

Okay so, I was playing Olimar in B- trying to use him like an actual character (which, if you know anything about Olimar-, it's that he isn't a character, but rather a moving spawn point for infinitely damaging minions) and I came up with an idea for Olimar in Project M.

Olimar carries only one Pikmin at a time with him. If Pikmin survivability could be increased, it would be even better

Neutral B kills the Pikmin currently with Olimar and replaces it with a new one randomly plucked, or, if he has none with him, simply gives him a Pikmin (I'm not sure if killing Pikmin is possible but I would think it would be as simple as causing the Pikmin die action to take place when he presses it.)

Side B acts as when Kirby throws a Pikmin, causing slight knockback instead of latching on.

Down B maybe reflect projectiles on the whistle animation, and have it always return the pikmin even if it is currently doing an action.

Up B simply a standardized recovery with Olimar flinging upward with his current Pikmin in hand.

I hope something to this effect is possible.

Because Jesus Christ it's hard to work around Olimar's design.
More ideas to standardize Olimar:

F-smash should swing a Pikmin like he does with fair. Obviously it should have a different animation and different properties, but his current F-smash has no place whatsoever in a melee environment.

D-smash should swing one Pikmin around him, or something. It's another move that is just weird.

ugh, any one else got ideas for the stupider of his moves?

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
("MISHUN KOMPRIT")
Outstanding vertex! Once this and P:M is released, it is going straight into my SD card.

Also, I like how it is more hand made than actually trying to emulate the original model. It looks like it has more artistic personality to me than just trying to copy the Melee model perfectly.

Once again, well done. *reactivates lurker mode*

Sterowent

Smash Ace
hah, how'll that even work! you guys split up the stage, or are you guys really going to try to weave in and out of the demolition? it's like double CF. i want to see this happen, no doubt

actually...i just cheered myself up. hope someone goes CF/Snake. ohhh yeahhhhh

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
hah, how'll that even work! you guys split up the stage, or are you guys really going to try to weave in and out of the demolition? it's like double CF. i want to see this happen, no doubt

actually...i just cheered myself up. hope someone goes CF/Snake. ohhh yeahhhhh
stage control son

pimp1469

Smash Rookie
****, killing my lurking streak to just to say...
If you can't fix the zairs, I wouldn't mind. I think it's a pretty cool buff for link and samus (and lucas?)

I love you guys for making this project, can't wait to play =)

*Back to lurking*

Sterowent

Smash Ace
that's assuming they'll be the exact same come release though. are they good for anything but spamming and team saves? and loop shenanigans, if those count.

edit: referring to pit arrows.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
that was some real nice tech skill but it looked so awkward, especially the zairs and the flashes for l-cancels

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
that was some real nice tech skill but it looked so awkward, especially the zairs and the flashes for l-cancels
Ohmygod they 1) Look cool, 2) Serve as a nice way to show people that L canceling exists, and 3) Are utterly insignificant in their duration, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom