• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
zairs currently have 10 frames of landing lag and if they need more we can edit it easily.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
zairs currently have 10 frames of landing lag and if they need more we can edit it easily.
MOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!11 I DEMAND IT.

I honestly hate what brawl has done with zair, mainly the fact that it's a better option than projectiles in quite a few situations. It annoys even myself when I spam it and even more when it works. Of course you guys have fixed that, but I believe that it shouldn't be as useful as it still is. Great zairs provide more defensive gameplay from what I've experienced.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
conceptually, you mean, considering how any defensive tactic in a melee environment can surprise you in how either useless it can be or how much more it lends itself to a successful offensive, or at least passive aggressive, playstyle.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
for putting mario tornado back, you could port luigi's PSA over mario
once luigi is ported over mario you could edit his PSA for adding the right physics, correct sfx gfx and slowing the horizontal movement of the b-down

for putting roy pichu mewtwo doc and Ylink
(YLink coming soon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8298.0)
port them over the alloys and Gbowser/Warioman (since no items will be used) using the current PSAs we have in the "Brawl Vault"
after porting them, you could fix the PSAs and adding some codes, if needed

and finally the question:

will pm come with stages(the ones used in videos) like b+ does?i.e. n64 dream land, hyrule castle metal mario stage etc

take the F5 and the mario bdown stuff not as requests, but ideas or suggestions whatsoever
thanks for the attention

FirenLF2

Anyone check into this?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yes, clearly that's possible and we've just been ignoring that possibility
(on both suggestions)

PM will come with stages.

D

Deleted member

Aww. If Zairs have too much lag, then Zair hit to grab won't be possible on Tink and Link.

How about putting Zairs on timers kinda like ROB's laser? Except you can't use another Zair for X frames instead of it weakening.

All characters with Zair have good spacing tools and projectiles. They don't need a dependency on spamming Zair to be successful.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Worry about balancing Zair later on, imo. It's more important to get more things working more functionally, imo.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Aww. If Zairs have too much lag, then Zair hit to grab won't be possible on Tink and Link.

How about putting Zairs on timers kinda like ROB's laser? Except you can't use another Zair for X frames instead of it weakening.

All characters with Zair have good spacing tools and projectiles. They don't need a dependency on spamming Zair to be successful.
is the first thing even a combo? I thought it was just another zair gimmick. zairs need landing lag, they aren't really "melee" if you know what I mean. As stated above the zair characters have other good tools.
also what the above guy said

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Zairs should not be on timers.
^^This. Or any other move besides b moves, for that matter. But most importantly...

Worry about balancing Zair later on, imo. It's more important to get more things working more functionally, imo.
^^^^^^This. Someone in PM:BR throwing out some moar subjects that need discussing would be cool. ;)

But for now, I totally agree with GD and Sneak; I would personally LOVE playing as Ike and D3 in P:M. Aside from good ol' :link2:, of course.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
If i wanted to play a melee character that badly... i would just play melee and i would rather play a brawl character vs a melee character than using a melee character vs a brawl character

G

genkaku

Isn't that just because if it's used before it would just be a jump canceled grab?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Sorry to crash in on the current conversation:

I'm really excited for this project and I was wondering if there are any definite plans for pkmn trainer? I know everything is still in planning stages for all of the pokemon(?) but I would love some info, please ♥
Also someone mentioned some videos of Lucario a few pages back? I can't find them, could someone hook me up, please?

Sorry for being one of those nosy people, I cant help it.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Thank you very much for the quick replies! Oh these are so cool ;A;

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Question: Is the purple Final Destination seen on all Project M vids going to be standard? It looks like an ugly recolor imo and I'd like to change it to something else when the beta comes out, will that be possible without desyncs? (assuming you guys edited boundaries/collision data)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Question: Is the purple Final Destination seen on all Project M vids going to be standard? It looks like an ugly recolor imo and I'd like to change it to something else when the beta comes out, will that be possible without desyncs? (assuming you guys edited boundaries/collision data)
I personally think it should stay purple due to it gives it the melee feel also its the original color. Basically it gives the current FD a Nostalgic feel and look.

I read a few pages Back that you guys were planning on implementing Luigi's Tornado to Mario if I read that right. Now If I remember in Melee even though I really didn't play Mario much I didn't think Mario's Tornado actually moved. I haven't played Melee in along time so I don't really remember if it did or not. I was gonna say couldn't you just port his or Squirtle's version of tornado to Marios down B?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
FD's recolor is not bad, I just hate how Roy's and Mewtwo's pic comes flying on the bg at the beggining and how awful the stage looks on the water part. If you could somehow remove the lightning(which i guess is the thing that changes the color of the stage) it would be great. I guess it's a task for FroHo if he has some free time on his agenda.

Edit: Sneak, I think it's completely unnecessary to swap brawl's FD with Melee FD, I mean, brawl's looks better and if you stretch it(which I think you already did) there's no need for the model swap.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Yes, Mario Tornado moves a little distance to the right or left in the ground.

They didn't said that Mario's Tornado will be identical to Luigi's Cyclone, as they never was (Cyclone always had only one or two hits and since melee moves a great distance).

It wouldn't be Mario Tornado if it get too similar to the cyclone after all.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
FD's recolor is not bad, I just hate how Roy's and Mewtwo's pic comes flying on the bg at the beggining and how awful the stage looks on the water part. If you could somehow remove the lightning(which i guess is the thing that changes the color of the stage) it would be great. I guess it's a task for FroHo if he has some free time on his agenda.
Pretty sure that's not in the version we have.

And yeah, the portraits are dumb.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that's not in the version we have.

And yeah, the portraits are dumb.
what's not on the version you guys have?:confused:

That's debatable. I like the old hexagon look.

I hope GW makes the old FD just for the sake of making it. Speaking of GW, Yoshi's Story should be done any time now :)
I could live with it, but I just think that brawl's FD is much more detailed and I like the BG better

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I don't like the recolor too, the lighthing makes it look even worse, I rather have Tabuu Destination on my sd that really kicks some ***.

About the portraits, well, I rarely see they when playing so that doesn't make much of a difference.

I like Melee FD but I just don't like the Brawl's one more because of being to small(both vertically and horizontally) and that ***hole edge (which has already been fixed).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like Melee FD but I just don't like the Brawl's one more because of being to small(both vertically and horizontally) and that ***hole edge (which has already been fixed).
There was a "Melee sized" version of FD made a long time ago with fixed edges and everything if you guys want it. It works a lot better for battles and stuff. o_o Whether it's actually the same size as Melee's FD, I dunno, but it's significantly larger.

Here ya go, I even put the Melee FD texture on there to save time. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?utf7agtd2ytvxey

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Don't worry all stages like Melee FD, hyrule castle, and whatever stages they are planning to put into project m will indeed come with project m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom