• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
didn't actually function properly when I played it with jcaeser. like it didnt work all the time. jcaeser was telling me how it was still buggy

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of this: remove that bit of lag from DK's down b? in smash 64, you can move straight out of the down b but in melee there's this slight lag where DK just kind of stands there.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
@People discussing Melee FD textures: Replacing textures takes 30 seconds and you can replace them with whatever you want on your own time, so you shouldn't be worrying about which texture PM packages with the release.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um turtle, sometimes they aren't just textures. Sometimes, they are actually models (like the FD pac that stretches the stage and stuff to be like melee FD), and taking them off can mess with online play.

At Glowworm, um why? Does that move really need to be even more spammy?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he means replacing the texture file of the included stage pac with the desired texture. this can be done easily in bbox, however, SS is right about the models causing issues. for instance, if you want the new groudon FD, it won't work if you simply port the texture files over. its not a huge deal, but as long as you favor stages that don't add/remove (remove from FD... lol) you should be fine with just replacing the texture files as HDT said.

shanus

Smash Hero
stingers: i got a very solid build of ccing and jab resets a week or two ago

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well if you're talking about things with different background models, those can be replaced in Brawlbox just as easily as textures alone without changing the stage's collision data. That's what I meant.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
While practicing my Melee techs, I noticed that JC grabbing it's not the only way you can input a standing grab while dashing; you can do it in the frames before the crouching animation while you dash cancel. This sounds minor, but will it make it to PM?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it's not spammy. removal of that lag leads to more combo's i think
You're kidding me.....Donkey Kong's down b is like...the ultimate move that noobs like to spam if they're playing Donkey Kong. Not to mention that Donkey Kong isn't much of a combo character. He's more of a "bait-the-other-guy's-attacks-and-punish-with-bair" kind of character. :chuckle:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You're kidding me.....Donkey Kong's down b is like...the ultimate move that noobs like to spam if they're playing Donkey Kong. Not to mention that Donkey Kong isn't much of a combo character. He's more of a "bait-the-other-guy's-attacks-and-punish-with-bair" kind of character. :chuckle:
Removing lag on it will change nothing about how spammy it is though.

I main DK in Smash 64 and use it to set-up aerial combos all the time, if I ever tried to spam it, even without the lag at the end, I would get drill'd hard.

iLink

Smash Champion
In regards to the melee texture one FD, I noticed that most, if not everyone, is using the old melee texture they made for it. There has been a v2 that has a background more true to melee's and they removed the floating character portraits that just fly around.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
please tell me you're not talking about melee
also **** yoshi's is giant or fox is really small

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i wish i was good at this kind of stuff. i would do my idea i want for a hack smash. a mode setting : ) some characters are better in brawl than in melee and some are better in 64 than they are in all. it be neat to make a 3 mode groove for 64, melee or brawl. :) yea this would probably take more programming and if statements blah blah blah but if it was ever thought out and process it be some cool capcom vs snk style shiet :) someone give me a PSA BB animation lesson please, i might want to just fuss around. =) Good Job and Keeeeep at it at Project M! I cant wait to get it when its complete! I love the Smash Community.. :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i wish i was good at this kind of stuff. i would do my idea i want for a hack smash. a mode setting : ) some characters are better in brawl than in melee and some are better in 64 than they are in all. it be neat to make a 3 mode groove for 64, melee or brawl. :) yea this would probably take more programming and if statements blah blah blah but if it was ever thought out and process it be some cool capcom vs snk style shiet :) someone give me a PSA BB animation lesson please, i might want to just fuss around. =) Good Job and Keeeeep at it at Project M! I cant wait to get it when its complete! I love the Smash Community.. :)

anyway, on a more serious note... as long as we're doing stage announcements i figure i'll post a pic of my latest update to DL64:

note that i haven't decided yet to go back and convert it all to 2D or just make the parts that don't have to be 2D into 3D models... i don't want to steal Gamewatching's thunder. his stage looks amazing. can't wait to play on it once it gets rescaled (and the pmbr bothers you about porting melee frame data)

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
it looks weird to me or maybe it's cause i haven't seen dreamland i n a while
like the leaves on the right
and the actual shape of the stage
and the other trees
doesn't really look right
unless you're going for some weird hybrid of brawl/melee dreamland

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
it looks weird to me or maybe it's cause i haven't seen dreamland i n a while
like the leaves on the right
and the actual shape of the stage
and the other trees
doesn't really look right
unless you're going for some weird hybrid of brawl/melee dreamland

I'm pretty sure
that the shape of the stage
is the same
as
it is in Melee
the
conversion to 3d makes
it appear different however
it should be
fine functionally if
wind is
added

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure
is the same
as
it is in Melee
the
conversion to 3d makes
it should be
fine functionally if
wind is
added
nice post
dude
i saw what
you did tharr
but i have to agree
it looks a bit awkward

bleyva

Smash Ace
GW IS GOD.

but seriously, Fox needs to get his melee standing pose back. his brawl imitation of Ryu is just too lame.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Well Dogysamich's APEX commentary gave me an idea. Warlock punch is nearly useless on Ganon thanks to his uptilt. At the same time Ganon suffers from having to approach virtually everyone since he lacks projectiles. So say you would change Ganon's neutral B into 'the Ganon Cannon', think Yoshi's eggtoss but slower, more powerful (and with a cannon lol).
I think it would actually fit the character pretty well. Nothing really spammable but enough to make characters want to stay relatively close to you.

Who's with me?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
a few notes on DL64:

~it will be 3D and use the GGs wispy model (you'll live)
~i have just gotten a vertexes model from GW so expect a more circular version in the future
~i'm currently in the process of making the platforms thicker to match 64
~the leaves on wispy were arranged in about 10 minutes of working with them. they are not final. HOWEVER, they will not be replaced
~a 2D DDD will be floating in the background
~Finally (and this is the big one), there won't be any wind. For some reason the stage, even when built over GGs, will only do a single animation. unless one of you can find out why, you'll have to learn to deal with the fact that there is no wind.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking that Ganon could get an auto-guard point, like Link's shield, when he pulls back his arm for Warlock Punch. Of course, other properties could be messed with as well. I also thought that maybe the flames could stay, fizzling out after a period of time. Like a standing projectile. It would be cool for set ups.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Well Dogysamich's APEX commentary gave me an idea. Warlock punch is nearly useless on Ganon thanks to his uptilt. At the same time Ganon suffers from having to approach virtually everyone since he lacks projectiles. So say you would change Ganon's neutral B into 'the Ganon Cannon', think Yoshi's eggtoss but slower, more powerful (and with a cannon lol).
I think it would actually fit the character pretty well. Nothing really spammable but enough to make characters want to stay relatively close to you.

Who's with me?
Why ganondorf would have a cannon? >_>

I don't care much for the wind, it doesn't affect gameplay so much.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
the wind thing has me frowning.

i like that flame dissipation deal. it'd be pretty useless still, but maybe it'd be only very slightly better at edgeguarding? perfectly fine seeing it as bad as it is right now, as it's always been, but if just a very slight variation from CF's in properties i don't think anyone would care enough. then again, the only point of a change like that is for change's sake.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure
is the same
as
it is in Melee
the
conversion to 3d makes
it should be
fine functionally if
wind is
added
well no you're wrong and not very funny and it obviously looks off but that's cause it's not finished

nice post
dude
i saw what
you did tharr
but i have to agree
it looks a bit awkward
yeah this guy knows what's up

a few notes on DL64:

~it will be 3D and use the GGs wispy model (you'll live)
~i have just gotten a vertexes model from GW so expect a more circular version in the future
~i'm currently in the process of making the platforms thicker to match 64
~the leaves on wispy were arranged in about 10 minutes of working with them. they are not final. HOWEVER, they will not be replaced
~a 2D DDD will be floating in the background
~Finally (and this is the big one), there won't be any wind. For some reason the stage, even when built over GGs, will only do a single animation. unless one of you can find out why, you'll have to learn to deal with the fact that there is no wind.
shame about the wind but at least it will look better

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Instead of changing warlock punch, why not change utilt to something quicker and more useful?

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
how about we stop making changes to him? he's already capable of winning, especially now that you are giving him unnecessary buffs and making sheik worse

Sterowent

Smash Ace
not at the balancing stage. that said, if it's a big deal, it should be acknowledged, but i don't think his utilt/neutB moves are that big of a deal. untapped potential on his utilt, but for a long time suggestions were made for a new utilt of some sort and none panned out for one reason or other. approaching something like that would require unanimous agreement. otherwise, it'd just be unnatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom