• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I saw the point from the beginning, just tought that just telling people to "stop" discussing something without a reason seems to be open to many interpretations. The post where more to talk about the "crusade to get changes" thing. I think something like "You sholdn't discuss pit by now, it isn't necessary" like the other post of yours FroBo would be better than just "please stop" lol

For the rob ideas, I don't have any ._.

I don't remember myself playing as rob many times, I know his attacks and attributes, but can't think on an idea. >_>

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
all because i said should pits dair spike
Been there; done that...

As for R.O.B., I would like seeing a stronger F-air (if it wasn't already done). The multi-hit U-air also kind of rubs me the wrong way. Many of R.O.B.'s attacks (especially aerials) don't exactly feel strong to me. His rocket-based D-air and B-air made him seem more gimmicky

I'd personally like to see a single hit U-air a la U-tilt animation, but what about you guys? While the ideas are flowing in my head, I am not exactly social with them. Perhaps something could be done to keep his current U-air animation?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh but as a current rob main I am still unwaveringly emotionally attached to him and do not support any attack changes at all

his specials maybe

his up b obviously

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
holy ****, i try to be civil and you people still can't figure out what the hell is going on. i told you its in br discussion. there was no "lol watch him look dumb" **** going on. you know what? to hell with you people. i try to have an adult conversation, tell you that the discussion needs to be moved on and i still get treated like i'm being a ****, then i'll be a ****.

most of the ideas you're listing have already been implemented. i'm telling you to stop because the topic will devolve into you arguing about things that have already been done. i'm not allowed to say which things have been done, so excuse me if i don't tell your idiotic *** outright what going on.

now, stick to rob and quit *****ing when people try to treat you like an adult.
umad :laugh:

Oh, and swearing profusely is very "adult" and "civil" of you. You're a pretty kool d00d.

I did stop the discussion about Pit after you told me to by the way.

If a conversation for you is just the sentence fragment "please stop" then my mind has been blown.

This "point" I am missing was addressed, I said that I'm not a member of the BR, so if I want my ideas to be heard, this was the only place I could put them. Because I already said this, and you kept insisting that I was "missing the point", I didn't understand what point I was missing.

If the ideas have already been done, just say that.

Can you guys not see the negative reaction you get from those sorts of posts? WE aren't mind-readers, and when you say "Just stop", it sounds MUCH more like our opinions being rejected than them being already considered/implemented.

Dude, no more suggestions for Pit or I infract you for spam.
I stopped with my suggestions.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
oh but as a current rob main I am still unwaveringly emotionally attached to him and do not support any attack changes at all

his specials maybe

his up b obviously
Hmm...

What Special move changes do you have in mind?

Once again, I have ideas, but I usually can't throw them out there or present them correctly to save my life; probably in fear of either derailing the topic (for a third/fourth time) and/or starting an unnecessary argument.

@SymphonicSage: It's just an idea, but if it doesn't really need to be any stronger, then I'll retract it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well I just think with the way ROB moves during his fair, it should be a W.o.P or edge-guard type move, not a strong attack.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

his specials maybe

his up b obviously
Don't worry, we won't change anything. Oh, except for everything.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Rob's fair stronger? What? I thought it was supposed to be a WoP-type move?
I'm not seeing how a character with very little aerial maneuverability can WoP, but maybe I'm missing something?

R.O.B. for Melee hmmmm

God this is like Olimar because of his base design.

Uhhhhhh

Side B single small pop up hit with decent KBG to combo at low percentages and kill at higher ones maybe? Maybe have it cancel into Air Dodge?

Hmmmm, D-tilt send with Doc trajectory? Could be neat to pull a fast D-tilt to Bair.

Speaking of which, no momentum alteration on bair or dair; while boosters moving him makes perfect sense, it just doesn't fit with the "Control over character due to tech skill" idea.

That's all I got, hope it helps some.

Seriously the character's base design makes giving him a more Melee feel difficult to even imagine.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Speaking of which, no momentum alteration on bair or dair; while boosters moving him makes perfect sense, it just doesn't fit with the "Control over character due to tech skill" idea.
Hmm... Your point about the momentum on bair and dair got me thinking.
Momentum could be an alternate aerial movement method for him?
Speed up dair and bair, maybe nerf other aspects if that makes them to broken, and then he has an effective and unique way of moving through the air for WoP.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the fact rob doesnt have feet makes him feel different (seriously) so melee like play probably isnt possible as far as moving fast and jumping through the air a lot. he doesnt have aerial momentum. he just doesnt. thats how he plays. (but he can still WoP fairs, esp at low %s you can get a rising fair -> falling fair -> double jump fair -> up b bair and that will either outright kill or send them far enough away they're dead...its a good wop move)

side b should probably be changed lol its utterly useless...idk you guys have fun with that one.

laser is fine...

up b...i posted an idea along time ago on the rob boards when jcaeser asked something that his boosters just propel him up really fast ala game and watch. i think that would still work. but its not "deep" enough for most of you probably lol

gyro...there aren't really any projectiles like it in melee. but theres really no problem with leaving it

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
He can WoP with fair with the momentum from his up b (and the low starting knockback on fair)....but I guess it wouldn't be as effective as in vbrawl.

Speaking of momentum, I think he should keep the momentum on his dair and bair. They are unique ways of moving through the air that no other character has.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Um, would it be a completely crazy idea to lock this thread, save for developer updates? I wasn't completely sure that it was needed the last time I suggested it, but this thread is becoming unreadable for those who simply want information.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I understand that up-b needs to be reworked significantly, but I would hope that Rob is still left with a significantly above average recovery. His rather sluggish movement basically makes any lengthy strings unlikely in a melee environment, so he should at least be dangerous off the stage.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
We're actually going to recreate ROB so he plays identical to his true self.

His new gameplay will involve a sort of Pokemon Trainer like figure in the background, Professor Hector.
Hector can command ROB from the sidelines. His two commands involve creating and dissipating Red and Blue pillars. These pillars allow ROB to shield himself off from potential harm (such as wandering lizards, of course) and each pillar serves a different function. Characters cannot pass through Red pillars, but projectiles can. Inversely Blue pillars will block projectiles but not players. These pillars will spawn in front of ROB from wherever he stands when creating the pillar. From there he can raise and lower the pillars.
With this system ROB can hope to timeout his opponent to victory. However to counteract the power of this strategy he has to maintain his pillars.
When creating a pillar he must be able to keep a Gyro spinning, and once a Gyro stops spinning the pillar of the appropriate color will disappear.

This turns ROB into a character who truly represents his roots. He plays true to his old self, and finds a niche in competitive Smash as a character who can only win through timing out. This makes him a character well fit for a player who likes to box his opponent out and shut down all of their options, while having to maintain his own position through constant Gyro balancing/spinning and pillar control.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
^
Was that post completely serious?

Edit: That was at Plum, obviously.

Who am I kidding, it couldn't have been serious.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
He can WoP with fair with the momentum from his up b (and the low starting knockback on fair)....but I guess it wouldn't be as effective as in vbrawl.

Speaking of momentum, I think he should keep the momentum on his dair and bair. They are unique ways of moving through the air that no other character has.
Again, I'm not seeing how an aerial rush is the same as a WoP. Wall of pain is a spacing technique. Dragging someone off screen is... an aerial rush really. The two are only related in that Jigglypuff can do both very well. Conversely, Wario can WoP, but not aerial rush ( at least in the practical sense). Marth can aerial rush, but not WoP.

I'm not seeing how R.O.B. can use wall of pain unless he was given a huge boost in aerial maneuverability.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Then universally people don't know what a WoP is. Or a Wall. Wall of Pain creates a virtual wall between Jigglypuff and an opponent that utilizes her disjointed Bair to outspace an opponent and move a safe distance away. Wall of Pain is as its name suggests, a defensive move.

I understand the confusion because Melee Jigglypuff could switch from offense to defense in no time, but most knowledgeable Melee players recognize the difference. It's like calling D-throw to jab reset a "chain grab." Or calling a tech chase a combo.

Or calling a juggle a combo.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
okay so if everyone in the world calls something a wall of pain, we're all wrong and kink-link5 is right.

will keep that in mind genius.

and yeah hectors pillars sound really fun. i hope those come into fruition.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
ROB's gimping game will be second to none given the pillars.
You want to grab the ledge? Too bad a pillar is blocking it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
maybe we can chain pillars across the stage, effectively pushing them back with every pillar, actually getting kills

or maybe we can just pillar on top of them. that will be interesting, i wonder what happens then.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Stop that. Think logically.

Why would a community create a strategy of pushing a character off stage and into a blast zone a wall of pain? Just because there is near universal confusion doesn't make it right. That logic is completely fallacious.

Now again, think logically. If you imagine a wall, what do you imagine a wall between two people does?

Using the term to refer to an off stage aerial rush became HUGELY more popular when Brawl came out and a large percentage of the community was newer. With newer members to a community comes more naivety, and more confusion to the term.

And cut the crap with the sarcasm already. We aren't at a seventh grade lunch table talking about politics whose sides we only recently fell onto.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
you should be able to stack the pillars like tetris. When you get a tetris you get to wield the true power of captain falcon for a fraction of a second
also kinky-link5: U MAD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Stop that. Think logically.

Why would a community create a strategy of pushing a character off stage and into a blast zone a wall of pain? Just because there is near universal confusion doesn't make it right. That logic is completely fallacious.

Now again, think logically. If you imagine a wall, what do you imagine a wall between two people does?

Using the term to refer to an off stage aerial rush became HUGELY more popular when Brawl came out and a large percentage of the community was newer. With newer members to a community comes more naivety, and more confusion to the term.

And cut the crap with the sarcasm already. We aren't at a seventh grade lunch table talking about politics whose sides we only recently fell onto.
you are so butthurt lol.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Wait. Are we taking this whole hector + pillars thing seriously or not? I thought it was a joke at first. Maybe it's just because of the mental images I get of ROB summoning pillars in an effort to WIN BY MEANS OF STALLING.

...anyways, Rob's spinny attack should obviously be more nifty. Have yall done anything about that yet, out of curiosity?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
What is your angle stingers? You seem to be attacking me at every turn, and now you're resorting to personal attacks completely unprovoked.

Yes it hurts, a lot. It feels like my heart has stopped beating and my fingers are shaking in what I can only described as complete psychological shutdown. My eyes are watered up and my breathing is ever so slightly sporadically. You cause me much sadness and honestly, make me feel like a bag of dog****, because that is what you are treating me like.

Why do you have to be so mean, stingers? I'm not being mean to you, why are you being mean to me?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Stingers does this too well. I should just ban him if he posts in this thread again. xD
you wont!

What is your angle stingers? You seem to be attacking me at every turn, and now you're resorting to personal attacks completely unprovoked.

Yes it hurts, a lot. It feels like my heart has stopped beating and my fingers are shaking in what I can only described as complete psychological shutdown. My eyes are watered up and my breathing is ever so slightly sporadically. You cause me much sadness and honestly, make me feel like a bag of dog****, because that is what you are treating me like.

Why do you have to be so mean, stingers? I'm not being mean to you, why are you being mean to me?
stop and read what you just wrote. who the **** says something like that? lmao

Wop is exactly wat it says.. a wall, it has nothing to do with carrying off stage at all
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_of_Pain
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, this was done by interspacing Jigglypuff's B-air with jumps while moving off the stage, utilizing Jigglypuff's superior air maneuverability to always land a hit with each spin kick.

that^ is what people think of when they think wall of pain.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol...you're not at all looking at this in the right way. that is me trying to help you by opening your eyes to the way you talk.

and robs pillars are ****ing broken...i love them so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom