• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Why is this so obvious...it's a great GTFO move as it stands right now...he doesnt really need this...but I guess y'all like your crazy combos
Do not condescend when you yourself can not take condescension. And you really are just playing devil's advocate if you act like you don't know a juggle and a combo are different things entirely.

What makes you say Pit's uair is a great get the **** off move as it stands when not a single pit has been shown to use it?

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but you just seem like you're trying to hurt my feelings.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What makes you say Pit's uair is a great get the **** off move as it stands when not a single pit has been shown to use it?
just stop talking

i mean...god that's just so wrong. uair is one of pits best moves in vBrawl.

i wasn't even being condescending there. I am now because you clearly dont know what you're talking about and you're acting like you do...but god****.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I think many people here plays brawl alongside melee or played. As for me, I played Brawl competitively for about a year and a half, then I stopped torturing myself when had acess to Brawl+.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well my ideas a from a melee/brawl POV considering i did play brawl competetively until chibos disaster (cot4)
and yeah im sure most melee players have a lil brawl experience. cot4 was pretty early in brawls life =/ i dont doubt you have basic knowledge of characters but you probably dont keep up with modern day pits...koolaid in particular really showing what the character can do in the US, as well as earth from japan who came over here to apex recently...and of course masashi though he camps a ****load lawl

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I play both games competitively D:. Melee only recently though, like since summer 2009. I knew how to wavedash and stuff before that but never participated in tournaments. I do well in both games though. I use sheik in melee and TL in brawl, also use YL in melee low tiers. My opinions in both games are legit :p.

Also, lol @ whoever agreed with stingers pit ftilt sarcastic idea. XD And yes, stingers is right, pit's upair is really good. Can be used to shark, can be auto cancelled and actually has pretty good knockback. D:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
a non combo oriented character that doesn't have high damage output and a pretty fast projectile just seems like a character that would warrant camping over anything else in almost any matchup but thats just an opinion

well sneak thats why "i believe that melee players should stick to developing melee characters and brawl/melee players should develop brawl characters...and brawl only players don't have much of a place for development. just a random opinion"
They tried having brawl players take creative control in Brawl- and Brawl+ and neither of those games really caught on as a result because the targeted audience(Melee players) don't want to play 10 minute long matches just hitting and running around. At a high level when you have no combo options and are weak and your strong attacks are too slow that means good foxes, Falcos, Sheiks....etc will walk all over you.

As for pit...idk he's basically more like PM's young link. He's got a few hard hitting moves, a Dtilt spike and some strange good combo's at low %. Difference is he has better recovery, no bombs, and Arrows which kind of makes him good. I can see him having good Matches against light character or easily gimp-able characters but aside from that he's not really that good overall yet.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
and yeah im sure most melee players have a lil brawl experience. cot4 was pretty early in brawls life =/ i dont doubt you have basic knowledge of characters but you probably dont keep up with modern day pits...koolaid in particular really showing what the character can do in the US, as well as earth from japan who came over here to apex recently...and of course masashi though he camps a ****load lawl
this was just when i stopped going to tourneys but i still did play with alot of nj. my crew alot especially (keitaro, eazy, yehs, xio.. teh spammerer kinda lol etc)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I can see him having good Matches against light character or easily gimp-able characters but aside from that he's not really that good overall yet.
what makes you say that

I had to pick one of your points to address and I felt that was the stupidest

and I mean sneak thats cool and all but >.> do you actually keep up with the brawl metagame to know what strategies brawl characters use in brawl? lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Yay, it is just that there apparently aren't any vids, at least that I can find, that show off Pit. Any example vids, even of earlier stages?

*hugzees froho*

windmill

but yeah, i have some vids, but they're of an experimental build so they aren't going to be public.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
pits ftilt should have reverse kb that puts them right above pit...and it should be sped up about like shieks ftilt. this way it will set up for combos and be really fast and cool. and it will add options to pits game and require intelligent usage for follow ups.

:bee:
um no, the difference is that one matches the animation and one would look ********

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
what makes you say that

I had to pick one of your points to address and I felt that was the stupidest

and I mean sneak thats cool and all but >.> do you actually keep up with the brawl metagame to know what strategies brawl characters use in brawl? lol
Your stuck on this vBrawl kick and it's blocking info from getting into your brain imo. Project M is a different game understand? Gravity is heavier characters are heavier and pit has a thing called hitstun. Those 3 things alone change so much you'd be shocked.

as for what I mean I'm saying he seems to be a perfect foil for characters like Puff and Peach. I can also see him doing well against decent level falco's(not shizwiz or mango level) as well as having a good time kicking around the characters like olimar, Ness, Lucas, mario, and pretty much character that have crappy recovery. However as recoveries get buffed idk how he'll do vs them in the future but i'm sure he'll probably always beat ness and lucas. Everyone else when finished vs Pit in his current state would not look good for my homie.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Your stuck on this vBrawl kick and it's blocking info from getting into your brain imo. Project M is a different game understand? Gravity is heavier characters are heavier and pit has a thing called hitstun. Those 3 things alone change so much you'd be shocked.

as for what I mean I'm saying he seems to be a perfect foil for characters like Puff and Peach. I can also see him doing well against decent level falco's(not shizwiz or mango level) as well as having a good time kicking around the characters like olimar, Ness, Lucas, mario, and pretty much character that have crappy recovery. However as recoveries get buffed idk how he'll do vs them in the future but i'm sure he'll probably always beat ness and lucas. Everyone else when finished vs Pit in his current state would not look good for my homie.
good **** picking names at random...and lmao @ saying that pit can't possibly beat a falco at shizwiz or mangos level...how does that even make sense

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i wouldn't mind the ftilt putting at a somewhat lower angle. used vs recovering opponents or to set up techchases. possible to kill with at the edge at higher percents, gimp with vs fastfaller low percents or nonfloaties at mid percents. good enough range to keep opponents off of him, but the speed is a bit off if these were the purposes of the move.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
dtilt for opponents recovering from below and for popping up onstage for short combos, setting up his vertical superiority (coupled with DS's suggestion of slightly higher jumps).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
good **** picking names at random...and lmao @ saying that pit can't possibly beat a falco at shizwiz or mangos level...how does that even make sense
Its not impossible because nothing is impossible it's just unlikely. Pit's moves are either to slow or to weak. Gimping falco is easy. Everyone thinks that gimping a spacie or CG/Combing them makes your character good. I'll put it this way. Name 1 move pit has that can get him out of shield **** and shield pressure from a high level fox/Falco player such as M2K, Mango, Zhu, Dr.PP, Shiz, Colbol,...*list goes on a bit*.

don't say anything else just give me 1 option he's got to get away from them and their 1 frame shines..(Especially considering that Multi-shines is at about 30% easier to do) give me something he can do. Anything?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Name 1 move pit has that can get him out of shield **** and shield pressure from a high level fox/Falco player such as M2K, Mango, Zhu, Dr.PP, Shiz, Colbol,...*list goes on a bit*.
usmash oos when they jump to dair/nair again

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
i have no problem with pit's ftilt animation being reworked to shieks ftilt animation. he needs this.
I actually really like this idea =D

The whole setup for an aerial attack, not the kick XP Since Pit doesn't look like a kicking character, a swipe upwards would do just the same. Look at the first hit of Pit's beamsword dash attack, for example [SwingDash]. A animation similar to that would be more appropriate.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i know what to say. this thread's difficult to discuss in. half the time, people are mad at trolls, and a third of the time people are playing along with trolls.

hope for a stream tonight, despite there being one yesturday i missed. oi...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
utilt is his best option. he doesnt have a strong one for popping up. not that every character needs one (I see you play shiek, lol)

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
utilt is his best option. he doesnt have a strong one for popping up. not that every character needs one (I see you play shiek, lol)
Haha, in Brawl, where F-Tilt hardly works like that XP

But srsly, Melee Sheik F-Tilt is an absurdly good move. It's the bread in 'bread and butter'. And for a character that 'looks' [don't kill me] like it should be in the air a lot more than on the ground, I figure a move like that would be useful.

EDIT: lol, argument was killed before I even posted XD How is UTilt's range tho? does it hit directly above him, or a little to the sides?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
usmash oos when they jump to dair/nair again
considering shield stun I'd say his upsmash oos may come out fast enough to stop a nair from Falco assuming he does one but if he I don't think it will unless somehow you had no stun. Idk...where's magnus?

@Fade Pit doesn't really need anymore moves that pop people up currently :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
utilt hits a little on the sides. it's like zss's if you know how that works. can't think of a good melee comparison...ness kinda?

magus probably doesnt know because he doesnt play brawl pit, but you overestimate shield stun from shine, many characters can grab on the way up even (including ganon)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
utilt hits a little on the sides. it's like zss's if you know how that works. can't think of a good melee comparison...ness kinda?

magus probably doesnt know because he doesnt play brawl pit, but you overestimate shield stun from shine, many characters can grab on the way up even (including ganon)
He doesn't play brawl pit but Magnus knows frame data for everythings lol he's another robot :chuckle:. And pit is capable of shield grabing as long as they don't use multishines. However all top falco's and even terrible/mediocre ones like myself can do it ;). Considering it is easier to do in PM it is a better and safer option overall so expect to see it more often in PM. Meaning no shieldgrabbing for you! Also Pit's Upsmash isn't fast enough.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pit probably cant shield grab his grab probably isnt high enough. when I say on the way up I mean jumping out of shine. and how can you say you're not sure if usmash is fast enough one second then say it isnt the next post? i'm pretty **** sure its fast enough, not to mention its disjointed...lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
pit probably cant shield grab his grab probably isnt high enough. when I say on the way up I mean jumping out of shine. and how can you say you're not sure if usmash is fast enough one second then say it isnt the next post? i'm pretty **** sure its fast enough, not to mention its disjointed...lol.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258564

That is why. Find pit and his UpSmash. Pit will be shined or kicked in the halo before he ever gets a chance to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom