• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
okay so you're negatively affecting an aerial moves usage in the air >.> it's primary use is an aerial juggler and setup move even in brawl...why change it into something its not for no reason @.@ thats what I have to say about it.

and uair and nair have totally different uses lol...they're only alike in animation. do you even play pit? just curious

Sterowent

Smash Ace
man, it's really difficult to speculate when you don't know how pit's looking at the present.
edit: what's the goal of pit in general? he's got a jack of all trades vibe to him, with selective range on some moves, fast attacks with decent disjointed range and medium speed on slightly stronger attacks, aerials that have big weakhits on em, multiple jumps but not dreamland status...

it's like he's marth and kirby mixed into one or something. with a link/falco baby projectile. what the hell is this character supposed to be?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nair could potentially be changed but Uair is def one of his more iconic moves and I don't see any reason to change it. Changing nair to a sex kick might help him in gimping certain characters as he doesn't have a good aerial for interception.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
fair is basically a sex kick in range and animation even except of course the fact it doesn't stay out like a sex kick does...but nair has the length in animation and also disjointedness if you really need to drop down and gimp someone with an aerial...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
see why are you trying to change pits dair into marth lite...just let pit be pit -,-
okay so you're negatively affecting an aerial moves usage in the air >.> it's primary use is an aerial juggler and setup move even in brawl...why change it into something its not for no reason @.@ thats what I have to say about it.

and uair and nair have totally different uses lol...they're only alike in animation. do you even play pit? just curious
Change is the whole point of this project. With Meleefication comes changes to brawl characters and so far all of those changes have come out pretty good.

I played pit was the character I used in brawl 80% of the time. hence the name I chose when I joined this site. I can say that his Nair and Uair are as useful as Young links standing UpB. They just kinda exist and annoy you if you get hit by it lol.

As of last time I played(APEX) His Uair does 12% and sends the other character to the left or right out of combo range:mad:. I think his Uair could be used to juggle/kill and could look something like Wolf's however slightly different and with his sword.

His Nair is frustrating and somewhat self-mindgaming lol. He does like 5 or 6 damage and you can't follow up with any more aerials until after you and the opponent have already touched the ground unless the opponent is at really high percent. I'm not sure what should be done about the nair tbh.

All I'm saying is maybe if his other aerials were more useful he wouldn't have to have a spike. However I like the ideas of semi-spikes or meteors and multi-effects of his dair like the idea I R Marf gave.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I dunno, I play a bit of Pit and I find Nair to be a pretty useful move overall. It doesn't have immediate combo potential but I really think that it should stay as is... or have some changes to knockback so it is more combo viable.

Don't know what can really be done about his upair... but please tell me that f-tilt is sped up, please? I would love it soo much if his ftilt got sped up. (Also, up throw could be better and toss up lower/at a tradjectory).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol wow @ pits nair and uair not being useful...you might have played pit for a long time but be honest, were you ever good with him? things like that make me have to doubt your credibility, I'm sorry.

pit isn't really supposed to be a combo character...his moveset isn't built for it. a few utilts into an aerial here, a few dairs into an aerial there, but that's about it. theres no reason to try and change him into marth lite here.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Change is the whole point of this project. With Meleefication comes changes to brawl characters and so far all of those changes have come out pretty good.

I played pit was the character I used in brawl 80% of the time. hence the name I chose when I joined this site. I can say that his Nair and Uair are as useful as Young links standing UpB. They just kinda exist and annoy you if you get hit by it lol.

As of last time I played(APEX) His Uair does 12% and sends the other character to the left or right out of combo range:mad:. I think his Uair could be used to juggle/kill and could look something like Wolf's however slightly different and with his sword.

His Nair is frustrating and somewhat self-mindgaming lol. He does like 5 or 6 damage and you can't follow up with any more aerials until after you and the opponent have already touched the ground unless the opponent is at really high percent. I'm not sure what should be done about the nair tbh.

All I'm saying is maybe if his other aerials were more useful he wouldn't have to have a spike. However I like the ideas of semi-spikes or meteors and multi-effects of his dair like the idea I R Marf gave.
I hope this time his upb is actually useful >_>. Ive always hated how I can never use upb if I wanna win lulz.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

Yea but this isn't brawl and with the brawl characters there isn't many creative boundaries to stick to so I'm just shooting out ideas and my opinion. And my pit in PM is beast, I just don't save any vids because he isn't anywhere near finished. And yea dair may be an aerial juggler but i still can't see anyone using the move at the peak of a full jump and being able to combo from it so having a high endland from it unless L canceled doesn't seem like too much of a problem. I also know that uair and nair have different uses but in PM they essentially seem like the same thing... maybe if the knockback sent at a different angle on the last hit it would feel better

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
right now, pit is pretty solid character without his dair spiking. i like the idea of it working more as a combo tool since his current chains don't last very long. HOWEVER! i do feel that more work could be done to make his attacks chain for longer period, acting more like a melee high tier than a brawl top (with perfect reads). making dair a spike may seem like a good idea, but tbh his off stage game right now is fine in terms of gimping (arrows are sexy in this dept). what he needs is more reliable set ups and options in his chains so that he can land more than 3-4 hits before the opponent is shot out automatically.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol wow @ pits nair and uair not being useful...you might have played pit for a long time but be honest, were you ever good with him? things like that make me have to doubt your credibility, I'm sorry.

pit isn't really supposed to be a combo character...his moveset isn't built for it. a few utilts into an aerial here, a few dairs into an aerial there, but that's about it. theres no reason to try and change him into marth lite here.
His Aerials worked the same in brawl but that was BRAWL! nobody was suppose to combo into ****. I would just run away and shoot arrows and hit people away and repeat. That's the gayness that is brawl but this is NOT brawl. Things have to be different otherwise Pit will be an odd man out. I know not everyone in melee is made to combo but those characters like Ganon for example have devastating power and do massive DOOMAGE per hit. You can't compare that to a move like Pit's nair. -_-

Saying that he's being changed into marth is kinda dumb. It just so happens that they have similar moves which is common in all 3 smash games. You think developers of Melee didn't notice how similar Young link, Link, Roy, & Marth's Dsmash were? what about Fox, Falco, Samus, sheik, Link, Y. link, Jigglypuff, Mario, Doctor Mario, and Yoshi having Pretty much the same Nair? What about Metaknight? Do you think his Nair is too similar to Pikachu's now? Honestly man sometimes I wonder about your credibility.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Rather than change the trajectory of Pit's moves, why not just lower the growth on some of his combo moves and increase the growth on his finishers?

What I think would make Pit better

1. Lower aerial lag on dair and slightly lower growth. The move already pops people up decently, but it's usefulness severely diminishes at anything above like 50%

2. Lower growth and lower angle on uair. At lower percents you can get some nice strings off uair, but once again it just stops working really early, and afterward you really can only get an arrow on them (you can't even chase them to get into a better position)

3. Higher double jumps. Pit just can't really get to places all that well. If you need precision, just fast fall <_<. Higher double jumps would give him easier access to the top platforms on stages and allow him to do more off stage fighting (the fixed up B helped with that a bit too)

4. Lower angle on f-tilt and slightly less endlag? I put a question mark because I can't really figure out what to do with this move. It's got decent range, but it just doesn't pose that much of a threat. You could either make it less risky by lowering the endlag (this will also allow him to position himself afterwards more easily), or you can give it higher reward by making it actually have good gimp or kill potential. It's kind of in the middle right now which is not all that useful.

Oh, and don't change Pit's nair. Nair is great. If you really need a sex kick, just use his bair (hint, it's ALREADY a sex kick from brawl +. The weak hit is like MK dair trajectory for crying out loud).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
listen to gimpy...you know how he said bowser isnt a combo character? pit isnt either..just because he's fast doesnt mean you should change his...modus operandi.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
1. Lower aerial lag on dair and slightly lower growth. The move already pops people up decently, but it's usefulness severely diminishes at anything above like 50%

2. Lower growth and lower angle on uair. At lower percents you can get some nice strings off uair, but once again it just stops working really early, and afterward you really can only get an arrow on them (you can't even chase them to get into a better position)

3. Higher double jumps. Pit just can't really get to places all that well. If you need precision, just fast fall <_<. Higher double jumps would give him easier access to the top platforms on stages and allow him to do more off stage fighting (the fixed up B helped with that a bit too)

4. Lower angle on f-tilt and slightly less endlag? I put a question mark because I can't really figure out what to do with this move. It's got decent range, but it just doesn't pose that much of a threat. You could either make it less risky by lowering the endlag (this will also allow him to position himself afterwards more easily), or you can give it higher reward by making it actually have good gimp or kill potential.
i really like these. i especially like 2/3, 2 because his uair reminds me of peach's dsmash. making it basically an upside down peach dsmash, minus the ridiculous damage, might turn into something like what DS said. 3 because more vertical distance on a character like pit would give better synergy to his moveset overall. really interesting stuff.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I like your ideas. I could see Pit's Dair working something like Sheiks did in melee. using a Dair 3 or 4 times to a Fair was better then sex in melee. I never said change his Nair but I making it easier for follow ups past 10% would be nice:chuckle:.

listen to gimpy...you know how he said bowser isnt a combo character? pit isnt either..just because he's fast doesnt mean you should change his...modus operandi.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pit cannot and will not be anything like Bowser. Save that Idea for Project T! As I said before characters like Bowser have their own unique setups and power. Right now only has a few great things going for him. they have proven not enough in the past.

Multi-jumps(see Kirby in melee)
Arrows(see young link)

Characters that can't combo, are fairly light, and don't have great kill set ups don't do good in melee settings. It's a fact of life. You could try and make Pit into the ultimate camper/win via time-out character but again I say save that for Project T....

FYI Project T = Project Terrible. :chuckle:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
@stingers: i understand what you're saying about letting a character just fit its specified niche, but you need to understand that pit was designed a brawl character. you can't take a brawl character, put them in a melee environment and expect them to fill the same niche. i agree that we don't need him to become another marth (oi vey...). he actually plays fine right now, its just that his combos are short and are definitely not as impressive as say falco or sheik. keep his dair how it is now where it can pop people in the air for set ups. rather, look at the angles and knockback of the last hits of his uair/nair to allow them to set up into other moves better.he doesn't need to be a completely different character, but not adjusting how he plays isn't the way to go.

from my personal perspective, i play pit in P:M as an aerial/juggler: knock people int he air, combo them and try to get them towards the ledge/set up for a fsmash (because that **** is ridiculous). he doesn't need any more gimping power off the stage since he has arrows/dtilt/fsmash for his edge guard game.

note that this is just how i see the character and how he should be developed. others are welcome to their own ideas and perspectives.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also (just on a tangent) i believe that melee players should stick to developing melee characters and brawl/melee players should develop brawl characters...and brawl only players don't have much of a place for development. just a random opinion

frozenhobo, yeah I agree that it's possible not all brawl characters will transfer over to melee perfectly (lol mk, lol olimar) but i don't see how pit is one of them...last time I played I had a blast with Pit (I think he's one of my mains now with game and watch) just because he carried over so well o.o. dc dtilt <3 but anyway, I don't think every character needs to have crazy 0-death or 0-offstage combos just to fit into a melee environment...leave it to the characters that already do that is what I say.

and spam_arrows i'm not even going to respond to your last 2 posts lol...just so much idiotic content, you're not worth bothering with.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Is Pit's Side-B going to be changed? It's kinda...gimmicky. Like it's there JUST to bother you. =/

AYAYAYA

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pits side B is almost horrible enough to be useless but lucky it reflects projectiles lmao...you can SDI through it and punish the endlag every time.

edit: oh and the windbox can be useful sometimes...but that will probably be removed

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I support either Pit getting a sexkick nair, or his current nair acting something like one, or his nair having a single hitbox that lasts through the entire animation. Uair final hit angle obviously should set up juggles if it doesn't already.

As for Dair, what if the very back spiked, and the rest of the move did the upward hit? Having a long aerial lag and short landing lag would make the move function completely differently between on and off stage and give him a unique flavour.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Uair final hit angle obviously should set up juggles if it doesn't already.
Why is this so obvious...it's a great GTFO move as it stands right now...he doesnt really need this...but I guess y'all like your crazy combos

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pits ftilt should have reverse kb that puts them right above pit...and it should be sped up about like shieks ftilt. this way it will set up for combos and be really fast and cool. and it will add options to pits game and require intelligent usage for follow ups.

:bee:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This may sound completely crazy but I think Darksonic and Stingers might actually both be right.

Let me explain. Changing some angels and knockback to Pit's Aerials and givine him higher jump would essentially make him play like original pit plus more combo options....basically would be brawl pit in melee setting.....hmmm it might work.

I don't care to much for pit's Utilt or Upsmash.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Nair is pretty good, I like that move.

As for Uair, well, just make Pit spin that bow only two times then send people up angled backwards with weak knockback so he can hit Bair and finish the stock lol.

Rising Dair, Uair, Uair, Bair. Awesome

also, I agree with the ftilt idea

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
a non combo oriented character that doesn't have high damage output and a pretty fast projectile just seems like a character that would warrant camping over anything else in almost any matchup but thats just an opinion

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well sneak thats why "i believe that melee players should stick to developing melee characters and brawl/melee players should develop brawl characters...and brawl only players don't have much of a place for development. just a random opinion"

Sterowent

Smash Ace
perhaps from vBrawl, many characters wouldn't fit together so well from the get go. but remember where this project started from: brawl+. to some extent many of these viable changes came directly from way back when pit was dealt with then.

darksonic made some great suggestions to enhance pit's play, though. pit won't be a combo character, but he'll have vertical superiority, which should in part include short but effective combos, in part be good juggling tools, and also be gimping tools, (edit) all in ladder types of situations, where pit would prefer to have is opponent above or below. otherwise, he uses tools to keep them away from his back and front. hell, he already does this to an extent in vBrawl with his wingdashing shenanigans, avoiding the blind spot in his range.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
And also, you can make Pit SideB a great damage dealer, something like 16% in total. And have less SDI capacity

As it can be used after a rising Dair, a Uair in that way I said or a dtilt.

Well, just an idea >_>

FroBo said to not worry about his ring anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom