• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
ugh, i missed the stream...
on the plus side, i also missed many frustrating arguments!
i'm conflicted.

great stuff, gamewatching. many people are looking forward to that~

are you guys working with yoshi any lately? have ideas been thrown around?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A friend of mine tried fox and felt that he was alot slower than his melee counterpart. Any ideas why this is?
I'm going to guess either
A) He's deceiving himself because the Melee physics should make it feel spot-on.
or
B) You were playing a build that didn't have the Melee physics ported over.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
That or the timing messed up his L-canceling and as a result made him feel like fox was slower. In some ways fox seems faster though for some odd reason imo. Still nothing compared to sonic ;)

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Now that spikes are being brought back... are you intending to give them to characters that didn't have them before (including Brawl chars)?

It seems to me that Luigi, Samus, and Wolf should all have spike hitboxes (either replacing their meteors or being hidden in arbitrary areas of their body, i.e. C. Falcon's nipple spike)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
pits dair being a spike? discuss
I think it should be tbh. That tripped me up since day 1 first time I played him. it looks so much like a spike but it instead knocks you upwards...wtf is that! I am biased to pit but I can see the him with a spike being maybe a tad overpowered but we wouldn't know unless it was tested. I think it should be tested though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i am sure it would be good...but unlike marth pit would be able to go offstage and try to dair spike with the same sort of sweeping disjointed hitbox...so i dont know it might be too good. i think pits moveset is fine as is anyway =x

hdt it already spikes

iLink

Smash Champion
Well you can still use the dair to send them up if they are grounded. I think it would be pretty interesting. It does have a rather large hitbox though, would you need to sweetspot it in any way?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
pits dair being a spike? discuss
I don't see why not, it just needs to have a lot more endlag so its dangerous to use offstage... but thats obvious.

My question is: should it have properties similar to Marth's where it can only spike with the tip? Or should he be able to spike with any part of the blade?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
hells no to dair spike. i agree with stingers here in that pit offstage is not even close to the vulnerability of marth offstage. dtilt is the better solution since it forces him to stay onstage and deal with ledgetechs. pit'll likely be able to gimp offstage anyway, so giving him an attack that makes it automatic sounds too intuitive of gameplay to me.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
dair hitboxes for reference

@irmarf: lol marth can spike with any part of his sword. this aint brawl
Nah, in Melee Marth can only spike with the tip.

Edit: Ninja'd. But then again, in Melee, the sword hitbox behind him during the dair was like a guaranteed spike. The front of him had to be more accurate.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
face have you played melee >.> any part of the sword except like...where his hands are and a little bit next to it will spike

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i think pits dair should have a sweet spot that spikes.. its not like he has 5 jumps... depending on what happens to his recovery it wouldn't be broken either especially if were able to be meteor canceled

Sterowent

Smash Ace
perhaps i was a bit hasty. i wouldn't mind a meteor on some part of the move, perhaps in the middle hitbox, but it shouldn't be easy to maneuver into? the side hitboxes could force the pop up bit and perhaps help in other situations, such as a falcon uair type of deal on either side? pit's got a lot of potential. making his aerial game varied rather than giving him the generic spike is my concern.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pit would be able to spike many characters in midair with a disjointed spike like that. meteors wouldnt even matter at that point

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i really would hate to see a pit's spike be the whole hitbox with all those jumps
maybe near his shoulder kind of like roy

Sterowent

Smash Ace
perhaps i was a bit hasty. i wouldn't mind a meteor on some part of the move, perhaps in the middle hitbox, but it shouldn't be easy to maneuver into? the side hitboxes could force the pop up bit and perhaps help in other situations, such as a falcon uair type of deal on either side? pit's got a lot of potential. making his aerial game varied rather than giving him the generic spike is my concern.
quote because last post on last page.

giving him the roy treatment for an addition like this, burying the spike/meteor with other, more pronounced hitboxes in more accessible areas, will only restrict its use to nearly nothing. if that's the intention, and the point of the discussion is to give players a flashy move to impress with, then great. i hope some of those do appear for the brawl characters.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Pit's dair could pop people up on the ground, and push to the side in the air like Meta?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I thought you had to tipper the Dair too. Then again back then it was the "TIP" what half?...I guess spiking with marth was too easy

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i really would hate to see a pit's spike be the whole hitbox with all those jumps
maybe near his shoulder kind of like roy
No Pit should have anything like roy. NOTHING! :laugh:

Roy is so bad...so so bad..*shivers*

Maybe Pit's dair could pop people up on the ground, and push to the side in the air like Meta?
I would like to get a chance to test pit more extensively.but....so far....nope:(. However from what I remember he has alot of potential set ups that lead nowhere. Like his Dair leads to some aerials that lead to...nothing. His UpSmash seems about as useful than melee links and his Upair doesn't really lead to a kill...at least upwards. Basically i'm saying him having moves that knock you up are useless right now. Most people can get out of his setups.

With that said his Dair as a Spike seems like too much but I think it should be at least tested. right now his only good aerial is his Bair. his Fair is mediocre and his Up-air imo is kinda...meh. I think it could a least knock you to the side since those seem to be pits best setups right now.

OverLade

Smash Hero
At the moment Pit's dair pops people up, which allows him to combo characters into Uair and Fair. Personally I messed around with it, and it was cool because it felt like a new kind of combo (Pit hovers above you and pulls you up with dair).

Plus his offstage game would be sorta dumb if he had a spike... but I'm open to seeing it tried.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Maybe his dair should have very bizarre properties? The First hitbox knocks you upwards, the middle hitbox meteors downwards, and the back hitbox has a set knock back (weaker) spike that sends you at a semi-downward angle.

It sounds a little over the top, but imagine the depth that would play out from having so many uses in one attack. It also wouldn't be over centralized because Pit has a lot of other cool aspects.

And for balancing, he should have endlag that is around Marth's. That way, he'd have to jump as he dairs so he doesn't kill himself offstage.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea i think if it had alot of endlag it would be great unless pit has uber recovery, i would want it so that if he spiked off stage he had to be smart about it or he will sd. also if it spiked you could use it out of shield to still pop up grounded opponents like falcons dair is and combo just like pits regular dair.

OverLade

Smash Hero
yea i think if it had alot of endlag it would be great unless pit has uber recovery, i would want it so that if he spiked off stage he had to be smart about it or he will sd. also if it spiked you could use it out of shield to still pop up grounded opponents like falcons dair is and combo just like pits regular dair.
In that case, what if the front part of the swing popped up and the back part spiked? This would mean spiking people offstage would take more specific spacing but the front part could still be used for juggling combos.

Just throwing out ideas, personally I feel like Pit's combo game is already pretty much done well with the moves he already has. I dont know how the character will come together just yet though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
In that case, what if the front part of the swing popped up and the back part spiked? This would mean spiking people offstage would take more specific spacing but the front part could still be used for juggling combos.

Just throwing out ideas, personally I feel like Pit's combo game is already pretty much done well with the moves he already has. I dont know how the character will come together just yet though.
one thing i do hate is uair and nair... i wouldn't maind his uair being changed because the move just seems like nair 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom