• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
LOL I got Brawl last november. A friend of mine found it in the trash, the disk worked just fine so he gave it to me since he already had it. :D

Edit: I'll probably buy it eventually (when it's like 10 bucks) because I want the box.
I think the price got dropped recently (or will soon be) to $15.99 or something like that

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Got mine at a midnight release at my local game store. I was so excited lmao. Such a child then...

IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think the price got dropped recently (or will soon be) to $15.99 or something like that
Oh thanks for the info. Sounds hard to believe since Nintendo games tend to always be as expensive as the day they came out. (See: Mario Kart DS is still 35$)

And to get back on topic, how many blogposts are left anyway?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Got mine at a midnight release at my local game store. I was so excited lmao. Such a child then...

IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW.
Brawl+ brought me to competitive smash, which brought me to competitive Melee. No regrets for me.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Competitive Brawl brought me to brawl hacks (-, M, BB--- always hated +) and PM got me learning competitive Melee.

I still play competitive Brawl. And I sort of do other fighters. Atm it's AH3 tho. <3 Konoha.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Since 1989? Hmm.......

I didn't solve my lens issue yet(I plan on doing so tomorrow), so it's been Melee exclusively for now.

Screwing with Lvl 5s is better for my tech skill than lvl 9s.......

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
What has yet to be accomplished before the patch is released?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

1000 x THIS.

I'm going insane without being able to experience landing detection, all that other awesome crap yall have fixed besides landing detection, the new pit, ike, b00zer, DK, wario, ness, etc. These livestreams can only tease a lifelong smasher for so long.

So PLEASE.

Give me a release date.

Give me a list of things that need to be fixed before the patch comes out.

GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

...oh, and yeah, let everyone else know too plz. Kthxbai

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
Seems easy to beast in project M being in a BRAWL tournament (obviously without counting m2k or chu) xD

Ecks

Smash Lord
Beggars can't be choosers :(

NESS, I FEEL H.Y.P.E.
Seriously though, really looking forward to Ness and pm as a whole. I'll probably disappear for a while after I get my hands on this. lol

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I want to give a try to PIT, Charizard and Ness 8(.. and all the rest of the cast!! The characters seems amazing and I want to try something new!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Competitive Brawl brought me to brawl hacks (-, M, BB--- always hated +) and PM got me learning competitive Melee.

I still play competitive Brawl. And I sort of do other fighters. Atm it's AH3 tho. <3 Konoha.

How the hell can you stand BB but hate B+? (sorry BB people)

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, two questions:

- Is it harder to gentleman in PM, or do I just really suck with CF?

- Has anyone made PM box-art to replace Brawl's box-art?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Don't you hold on A or something like that on third jab to do gentlemen in PM?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If livestream did save it properly this time, it would be on the bottom right of the stream window. Just go to my livestream and see if there is a recording named something like 5511.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He may be talking about when you were unnecessarily arguementive in the past of the pm thread. For a while alot of people disliked your posts but slowly the content of your posts became better

I'm happy with that, I just don't like being called out without a legitimate reason, y'know?

And I'm not sure how me being overly-argumentative has anything to do with me giving false information...

shanus

Smash Hero
So where does a PAL version feature on the list of things to do?
Pretty low on the priority list at the moment. Unlike other mods, we have made probably 60-75 new codes that all need porting. I have made an automated script that can port a subsegment of these, but a lot need detailed attention.

Then all the character pacs would need porting, etc.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
How the hell can you stand BB but hate B+? (sorry BB people)
Given that I play Brawl, Balanced Brawl just felt like a patch to me. That's really the reason. Granted, BB also got boring after a while. Not because it wasn't enjoyable no, but because no one ****ing plays it.

Because no one really wants a patch of Brawl.

Brawl+, rather my experience with Brawl + just wasn't ever that great and I admit that back when it was kicking around with more popularity, the crowd wasn't that appealing to me (at this point I didn't understand competitive Melee either and it had the no items, fox only stigma thing in my mind).

But that was also around the time I got into competitive smash anyway. Project M legitimately closed the gap between the two games for me. I began to understand Melee a bit more and try to get into the scene and here we are.

I still don't own Melee and have ****ty GC controllers (which is why I play with the CCP) so I still have a bit to go before I seriously start into the scene though.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
check the blogposts at www.smashmods.com.
on the topic of that, I need my fix! I bet this time it's reverse ledge grabbing because they fixed grabbing in the last one. would be awesome! just getting more and more perfect!
Reverse ledge grabbing was removed from PM because it never existed in Melee. That's why hugging is impossible and you need to jump, WD or Moonwalk onto the edge. Besides, you can still reverse ledge grab out of special fall animation, which is quite an improvement.

shanus

Smash Hero
So i should be having a stream tomorrow with Dangerlance when he is visiting me up in boston. Unsure of timing yet, likely early afternoon

NeoZ

Smash Ace
the distance for reverse ledge grabbing wasn't altered for the demo, making it grab bonkers far away. which I can only assume is what he's talking about.
Most likely.
They hadn't found how to edit it back then, maybe they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom