• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Interesting point. There have been rumors of an SSB4 on the also rumored next-gen Nintendo console.
Could you post a link to those rumors? I haven't heard anything about SSB4 other than people saying "I heard rumors".
Nintendo confirmed the new console by the way.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
If SSB4 were to be successful, then Nintendo needs to take notes from the PM team. You guys are doing it right.
They don't need to take notes, they just need to let the pm team make it so there is no room for error. You know if they used pm as a guideline they would add stupid new features that would turn it into another party lulz game like brawl.

:phone:

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Ultimately, the question is will SSB4 come out before the final version of P:M?

Though I suppose it doesn't matter. I won't pick up SSB4 unless I hear good stuff about it from people who actually play smash. Or when the P:M2 demo comes out.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
That makes me wonder if anyone from nintendo is a member of smashboards or at least checks it regularly. You think they'd notice the general discontent a lot of people got from brawl. It is the reason this project exists after all.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Shanus you mentioned you managed to fix the up bounce collision or something on that matter I know Ive seen from streams of Lucas,Ness and Lucarios ^B's working fine. Just wondering if that fix actually fixd diddy kongs ^B?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Super Smash Brothers Megasmackdown.

I wonder how Mario will fare against Optimus Prime.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
They're like the annoying kid who wants attention. Just ignore them and they'll learn.
Because a small group of competitive smashers sure can change nintendo's way of thinking, right? They'll get their attention with or without us, so there is no reason for them to listen to us.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Here's how you teach Nintendo. Don't buy their bad games if you want them to change.
Voting with your wallet doesn't work that way because video game companies don't get the message people try to convey. You don't buy to show that you don't approve of a particular direction, more often than not they just choose to understand that you don't want the franchise around at all. See stuff like F-Zero or Vampire Savior.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, they could fix up one major point of hacking which is being able to actively patch the discs. If they could do that on the Wii, the hackless method on Brawl would've been impossible to do at least a year ago. I'm actually really glad that the hackless method is available in the first place though. It's so easy to use for anyone who doesn't want to mod their system which also makes it completely legal.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shanus you mentioned you managed to fix the up bounce collision or something on that matter I know Ive seen from streams of Lucas,Ness and Lucarios ^B's working fine. Just wondering if that fix actually fixd diddy kongs ^B?
Yes .

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Modding your system isn't illegal in the first place. They decided this in court a year or so ago. It was a big case with the iPhone and jailbreaking.
Yeah, but then you have that whole Sony-Geohot case. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if Nintendo wanted to this section of Smash Boards, KC:MM, LSH, ESH, and every other smash bros hacking blog/forum could be shut down and their respective owners sued. Of course we all know that Nintendo doesn't want to go through all the litigation, but the fact they could is rather scary.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, but then you have that whole Sony-Geohot case. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if Nintendo wanted to this section of Smash Boards, KC:MM, LSH, ESH, and every other smash bros hacking blog/forum could be shut down and their respective owners sued. Of course we all know that Nintendo doesn't want to go through all the litigation, but the fact they could is rather scary.
Sony is a whole different story. About a year ago, Nintendo tried to sue a company over DS flash carts and the court ruled against Nintendo and suggested that they are purposely locking out developers from their consoles and things should be more like Windows where ANYONE can develop any application if they wish to.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Nintendo sent an e-mail to an older texture hacking website over copyright infringement and if they didn't take the site down, they'd take legal action. The people who owned the website didn't want to deal with it, so they took the website down. Makes me kinda wonder why they only went after one and not all the others, but the point is, Nintendo will sue if they feel like it.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
At this point they probably just don't care anymore. Nintendo's stuff has been getting hacked practically since day one, but they do very little about it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Are you talking about Syntax Error? Nintendo was never involved with them; that was a fake rumor that they spread to cover up the fact that they were afraid of legal consequences that might have come from releasing all of their textures (or maybe it was their host who was afraid, I don't remember the details exactly).

In short: Grim Tuesday is correct.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo said that their goal with the wii 2 is to appeal to the "hardcore" gamer. I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds like a step in the right direct for smash 4

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Are you talking about Syntax Error? Nintendo was never involved with them; that was a fake rumor that they spread to cover up the fact that they were afraid of legal consequences that might have come from releasing all of their textures (or maybe it was their host who was afraid, I don't remember the details exactly).

In short: Grim Tuesday is correct.
I believe this now.

Could you be a little more specific, BHLMRO? I've made a lot of posts in this thread, lol.

And thanks, Hotdog.
I don't have the time to go back and look for all of your posts. Even if I did, the ones I bring up will just spark arguments. No point in arguing, I'm just saying that anytime I see your name, I scroll right past you, haha.

Like Shadic, I bought Brawl on day one.
I bought Brawl 7 days before it was released. I'm better than you :troll:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Like Shadic, I bought Brawl on day one, hoping the game would be cool, but they really destroyed it. I'm not getting tricked twice.

Nintendo said that their goal with the wii 2 is to appeal to the "hardcore" gamer. I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds like a step in the right direct for smash 4
That's a rumour, Nintendo didn't come out to officially say that. I had thirty Internet sources for Backlash gaming and none were officially from Nintendo.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I'm going to be a straight up ******* here, but due to your previous posts I've seen in this thread, I'm not going to believe a thing you say, lol
http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?p=3185

^The same people who posted the story originally, corrected themselves.

Nintendo shouldn't appeal only to the hardcore, that's what kept them from being the leader the previous two gens. I think Nintendo should make great games, but they should never try and use the same tactics that Sony and Microsoft use.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't have the time to go back and look for all of your posts. Even if I did, the ones I bring up will just spark arguments. No point in arguing, I'm just saying that anytime I see your name, I scroll right past you, haha.
I'm not asking that you go back and find examples, I just want to know what I'm doing that causes you to "scroll past my name". I'm assuming I've given mis-information in the past or something? I can't see any other reason to not believe my other post.

The only interaction we've ever had was when I put Zelda and Sheik together on the PM Demo Tier List I made... And I recall saying that I'm not going to get into an argument over it, not sure how that applies to what I said about Nintendo's fake intervention. :S

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I'm not asking that you go back and find examples, I just want to know what I'm doing that causes you to "scroll past my name". I'm assuming I've given mis-information in the past or something? I can't see any other reason to not believe my other post.

The only interaction we've ever had was when I put Zelda and Sheik together on the PM Demo Tier List I made... And I recall saying that I'm not going to get into an argument over it, not sure how that applies to what I said about Nintendo's fake intervention. :S
He may be talking about when you were unnecessarily arguementive in the past of the pm thread. For a while alot of people disliked your posts but slowly the content of your posts became better

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Bought it at launch, assumed it would be a solid game due to the predecessors.
Ditto. I waited on line and was 3rd in the line to buy it.
The other saps were watching the release tournament. XD

I don't know why that day was so windy......

Monk, did you save the stream???

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL I got Brawl last november. A friend of mine found it in the trash, the disk worked just fine so he gave it to me since he already had it. :D

Edit: I'll probably buy it eventually (when it's like 10 bucks) because I want the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom