• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yea but its definitely not lucas
Well what I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter who it is. Being the worst =/= deserves buffs. That would be a pointless and never-ending cycle.

Characters should only get buffs if they are proven unviable.

ds22

Smash Lord
Sucks is his default status it has nothing to do with me or you. Just that everyone is better than he is so he sucks by default. Make someone worse than him and add them to the demo or make him better....one or the other...and as I said before I'm not gonna say a character sucks based on rather I can win with them or play them....most people just wait for someone they respect to tell them what to think or they just wait for a video evidence instead of seeing for themselves....smh
Your just trying to find a excuse for not getting to play well with Lucas.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Sucks is his default status it has nothing to do with me or you. Just that everyone is better than he is so he sucks by default. Make someone worse than him and add them to the demo or make him better....one or the other...and as I said before I'm not gonna say a character sucks based on rather I can win with them or play them....most people just wait for someone they respect to tell them what to think or they just wait for a video evidence instead of seeing for themselves....smh
I think this is true, but not in this case. In the Melee scene you can name the people who contributed in the discovery of the potential of certain characters. I think he was referring to that.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Just wait until the patch comes out, its impossible to tell how good a character is if ariel hitboxes magically disappear when moving towards the ground.

Thank you again Nintendo, you guys are brilliant :glare:
I don't need to wait for anything lol I have the most updated version anyways so i know how lucas was and will be... either way he was no where near the worst in the demo

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Snake is probably the worst character in the demo.
Care to elaborate? Snake seems okay, you just have to play to his strengths. He's a very mindgamey character, with the traps and tech chase and all. I don't think determining a worst character is very important because some characters' games are undeveloped. Like Sonic and Lucas.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Why do you think this?
Care to elaborate? Snake seems okay, you just have to play to his strengths. He's a very mindgamey character, with the traps and tech chase and all. I don't think determining a worst character is very important because some characters' games are undeveloped. Like Sonic and Lucas.
In a game that stresses mobility and versatility as strengths, Snake seems blocky and sluggish, which hinders him.

There has to be a worse, and while it's not a serious gap, other characters have more tools.

As a finished product, I'm confident Snake will be a monster, so no worries. Mindgames aren't directly correlated with a programmed moveset, though.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
To me imo (in my opinion) is ZSS from watching streams just because it doesn't look like she's been worked on much. I mean honestly in Neko's one stream I forgot who was who but a 4:1 loss of the ZSS character [the number isnt percise] sometimes with the Toonlink not even being down to 2 lives. I hope she gets better because I really like playing ZSS because she well in Vbrawl had a unique playstyle. Again idk what it is but something hinders her from something but I can't quite put my finger on it other than the thether.

by the numbers i mean the ZSS player lost more than winning.

I know I know alot can't be determined by watching a stream but its just my 2 cents.

Snake is good I do think his second hit on his Ftilt should have more knockback though. other than that he is primarly really good. its as someone said before just play to his strenghts.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
To me imo (in my opinion) is ZSS from watching streams just because it doesn't look like she's been worked on much. I mean honestly in Neko's one stream I forgot who was who but a 4:1 loss of the ZSS character [the number isnt percise] sometimes with the Toonlink not even being down to 2 lives. I hope she gets better because I really like playing ZSS because she well in Vbrawl had a unique playstyle. Again idk what it is but something hinders her from something but I can't quite put my finger on it other than the thether.

by the numbers i mean the ZSS player lost more than winning.

I know I know alot can't be determined by watching a stream but its just my 2 cents.

Snake is good I do think his second hit on his Ftilt should have more knockback though. other than that he is primarly really good. its as someone said before just play to his strenghts.
You gotta take into account that zss may not be their best character and the exp they have playing them. Its not like zss was in melee and already has a melee style flow chart to follow like y/tl would. The TL player could have just been better as opposed to zss being bad or having a bad matchup

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
There has to be a worse, and while it's not a serious gap, other characters have more tools.
Well, I don't think so, at all. Snake has some of the, if not THE, most versatile tools in the DEMO. His ability to control the stage, the strong projectile, sheer muscle strength on Tilts and Smashes.

He has some glaring weaknesses, but that's all. It is easy to spot his weak side, more than other characters. This doesn't mean that he has the biggest weaknesses.

I would give the spot of 'Worse in the DEMO' to Mr.Game-and-Watch. I'm not saying he is not viable, though.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
You gotta take into account that zss may not be their best character and the exp they have playing them. Its not like zss was in melee and already has a melee style flow chart to follow like y/tl would. The TL player could have just been better as opposed to zss being bad or having a bad matchup
eh thats true I didn't take that into consideration sorry.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
G&W is a beast dude. Just wait till we have Melee DI and backwards grabs. CGs out the ***.

But yeah, the only thing that was bad about G&W in Melee was fixed. He's like a Marth that dies faster but kills faster to make up.

I still think Link is the worst. He dies to fast.

Starscream

Smash Ace
This is such an awful post that I feel compelled to point it out. This post is like garbage you would read on Gamefaqs.

All you did was reiterate how much you think Lucas sucks without giving any sort of reasoning. You didn't promote any discussion about Lucas' faults, you respond to someone obviously trolling you instead of MonkUnit who is actually looking for feedback and there are all kinds of things wrong with your last sentence.
Please actually post what you think is wrong with lucas and what you think needs to be nerfed/changed/buffed.

And Fireball Stars has an awesome Sonic.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I have no problem with Lucas.

Though I do abuse the Downward Air Dodge Cancel. :awesome:
The patch can't come any sooner...

Anywho, about Bowser? I understand that he has Heavy Armor on a lot of stuff now. Which moves are they, exactly? Do they help with the priority of his moves at all?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Well, I don't think so, at all. Snake has some of the, if not THE, most versatile tools in the DEMO. His ability to control the stage, the strong projectile, sheer muscle strength on Tilts and Smashes.
Unfortunately, at this point of time, his glaring weaknesses outweigh his minuscule strengths.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
but but but...Link feels so right. I can't even name a worst character in demo :confused:
he just feels like a clunky Melee Link with a worse recovery. >_> he feels clunky because the LD ****s with how he moves in the demo.

Only bad Links die fast. :troll:
Not really, I can grab Link one time in Melee and he's done, it's worse in this game since edge guarding him is so much easier.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What's wrong with Spam's Lucas is that he can't play him :). It's true that almost no one plays Lucas and he still has to develop certain playstyle, but my Lucas is pretty sexy
How can I not play him? I've played him alot trying to find something good about him but it isn't there.

I'm still waiting for spam arrows to give me a reason why he thinks Lucas is bad.

I'm not taking a side yet, I just would like justification for opinions
I've already stated why lucas sucks so now I just kinda do it for fun just to jumpstart the thread.

This is such an awful post that I feel compelled to point it out. This post is like garbage you would read on Gamefaqs.

All you did was reiterate how much you think Lucas sucks without giving any sort of reasoning. You didn't promote any discussion about Lucas' faults, you respond to someone obviously trolling you instead of MonkUnit who is actually looking for feedback and there are all kinds of things wrong with your last sentence.

And Fireball Stars has an awesome Sonic.
I didn't see his post actually. As I stated before I've already stated why lucas sucks and why he's the worst on the game. I'm not saying he sucks the way Pichu sucks but he's still the worst. He has the worst Match-ups so far in the game. He wins Via the opponent SD's or plays with their feet instead of their hands.

To give you an example of what I meant by people waiting for someone they respect to tell them what to think or show them. Responding to someone saying I couldn't use Lucas I mentioned Sonic as an example of someone I couldn't use but had great potential. I found it difficult to use him but that had nothing to do with my reason for saying he had potential. Someone snarles out a typical "your just playing bad people" comment and it gets annoyed. A few days later someone post a video of Someone playing sonic well and everyone goes ooooh ahhhh I think Sonic is good now:glare:

I just don't see the reason why nobody could make that assessment on their own...rather it's 64, Melee, Brawl(-,+,BB), or even this project it seems the community as a whole are breast feed information.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I've already stated why lucas sucks so now I just kinda do it for fun just to jumpstart the thread.
If you already said it, you can just quote the post(s).

Also, pitting Lucas, a new character, against melee top tiers, who've had 10 years and hundreds of people developing their metagame, and expecting him to be able to compete on their level instantly seems like too much wishful thinking.

I say give people time to figure him out, you can even contribute yourself, so that strategies and styles can develop.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Also, pitting Lucas, a new character, against melee top tiers, who've had 10 years and hundreds of people developing their metagame, and expecting him to be able to compete on their level instantly seems like too much wishful thinking.
Very good point.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Not really, I can grab Link one time in Melee and he's done, it's worse in this game since edge guarding him is so much easier.
I know. Note the troll face. Apparently the people I've been playing aren't terribly aware of Link's gimpability. Or I'm just too good. :awesome:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
When people say Link's recovery is worse than melee Link's, are they saying that because he can't tether walls? I'm sure his upB height/distance was increased from melee.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
People will naturally name the worst character the one who still have no actual or estabilished metagame.

I am pretty sure that Snake, Lucas, Link and G&W have a incredible potential to be explored, specially Snake and Lucas who are new characters.

There's obviously a worst character in the demo, but we clearly are not in a stage to name one, but still, I believe that if a tier for the demo could be made, it would not have even a Mid Tier.

And link's recovery is many times better.

ds22

Smash Lord
How can I not play him? I've played him alot trying to find something good about him but it isn't there.

I didn't see his post actually. As I stated before I've already stated why lucas sucks and why he's the worst on the game. I'm not saying he sucks the way Pichu sucks but he's still the worst. He has the worst Match-ups so far in the game. He wins Via the opponent SD's or plays with their feet instead of their hands.

To give you an example of what I meant by people waiting for someone they respect to tell them what to think or show them. Responding to someone saying I couldn't use Lucas I mentioned Sonic as an example of someone I couldn't use but had great potential. I found it difficult to use him but that had nothing to do with my reason for saying he had potential. Someone snarles out a typical "your just playing bad people" comment and it gets annoyed. A few days later someone post a video of Someone playing sonic well and everyone goes ooooh ahhhh I think Sonic is good now:glare:

I just don't see the reason why nobody could make that assessment on their own...rather it's 64, Melee, Brawl(-,+,BB), or even this project it seems the community as a whole are breast feed information.
The problem with your argument is that you believe it is a fact, while in reality it is only your opinion.
Just because you say Lucas sucks, doesn't mean it is true.
Like NeoZ said, Lucas still needs to be fully figured out before start to rant about how he supposedly does or does not suck.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
When people say Link's recovery is worse than melee Link's, are they saying that because he can't tether walls? I'm sure his upB height/distance was increased from melee.
Ppl forget about bomb jump it's just made of win. the only thing link has problems with is LD and it is fixed already THATS WHY I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PATCH!, tether will be just something to add to his awesome-ness

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Only one thing that bothers me about Snake in the demo currently:

His bair doesn't seem to able to beat the Spacies forward Bs even though it does in VBrawl in the air while edgeguarding.

Weird.

Am I missing something?

Also Forward B should probably be a new move entirely. Maybe a direct CQC move or whatever like I had planned for a moveset....

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The tether is genuinely a problem, so yeah probably. With the wall tether, Link gained a lot of vertical distance from the jump afterwards, perhaps halfway up FD? Don't quote me on that one. The increased up B distance and airdodge -> tether is definitely a buff up from Brawl though.

IYM!

Smash Lord
yes, Link recovery was awesome in melee for the hookshot, his recovery wasnt specialy long. but has so many tricks than prevent gimps.

his new UpB is a big help, but with the melee hookshot back, his recovery would be so sick

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yes, it's more obvious, it's easier to edgeguard, it's just worse in general.

@fireballstars: I agree with you on Lucas and Snake, but Link and G&W, no.

Link is mostly the same, he has some new tricks, but he's mostly the same. That means his metagame isn't "not explored" or whatever.

G&W is like, exactly the same in terms of an offensive game. Defensively he's better, and that was the whole reason he sucked in Melee on the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom