• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Has the MC window been fixed? I knew that it was pretty glitchy when first implemented, but i'm curious if anything has been done with it since
From the OP (which I wish people would read before asking anything)

Q: Why isn't the Meteor Cancel Window 8 frames like in Melee?
A: Because that diminishes the uses of meteors for any character that only has meteors. It makes them not as useful when they can be canceled on reaction. So we set it to 16 frames, although you can still mash Up B due to the fact that the game did not like any fail windows we installed on it (would freeze again during the tumble action if you happened to be pressing Z).

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Nice Sonic FireBall Stars! Dark Sonic's sonic is also pretty gnarly. Maybe you two will have a Ken/Azen rivalry for sonic of project: M? Lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Nice Sonic FireBall Stars! Dark Sonic's sonic is also pretty gnarly. Maybe you two will have a Ken/Azen rivalry for sonic of project: M? Lol

Dark Sonic's sonic is also pretty gnarly.
sonic is also pretty gnarly.
pretty gnarly.
w at

leelue

Smash Lord
BTW, I didn't see anything by dark sonic that was as good as fireball stars. maybe I didn't find the cream of the crop, but those videos that were just posted answered my prayer (on smashmods) to see a sonic succeed. nicely done.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Lucas doesn't need much buffing. He has some pretty decent aerials, but maybe a small buff on a couple of them would help him to approach better. I'm not sure, because I'm not an experienced player, but I do think he's nearly there.

Zef

Smash Ace
i cant play lucas but i dont bash him
this guy needs to either stop trying to be funny or stop posting stupid **** like that and actually contribute

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, uh, guys, I was testing out different modes to see how well they work with Project M, Tournament mode lets you pick characters that aren't in the demo, and if you try starting a round with them, it freezes. Tournament mode isn't very useful, but maybe we should patch this up for presentation purposes?

cmart

Smash Lord
All this Lucas hate (what amount there is lol) is inspiring me to pick the char up and figure him out. He can't be all that bad

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He's pretty good. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he had potential for a zero-to-death or two.

:salamace:

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey, uh, guys, I was testing out different modes to see how well they work with Project M, Tournament mode lets you pick characters that aren't in the demo, and if you try starting a round with them, it freezes. Tournament mode isn't very useful, but maybe we should patch this up for presentation purposes?
This was literally brought up a few pages ago >_>

Tournament mode isn't of our concern at all. In fact if I had the power to (just speaking for myself, not the PMBR) I would remove Tournament Mode completely from the game because of how useless the mode is. I've never once heard anyone use it outside of the rare group of casuals that then slowly start to realize how Tournament Mode is not the most ideal way to hold a "tournament". The same goes for Rotation, another useless mode that players have been doing on their own in VS mode since forever.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Lucas is a beast character unfortinatley he could use a little range on his moves I do admit from the demo at least. not tilts & specials so much as it is smashes. but regardless he is a monster. This maybe because of the fixed hitboxes though and whatnot. Again this is just my opinion from playing him in the demo.

btw whats the plans with ZSS? I've only seen some streams of her being played but to me the only thing that holds her back is her ^B (Tether Return) which could be switched for something else. I personally think it would look funny to give her a falcon type return or but thats just me. Not funny as in being bad but just like a hillarious joke. Just my 2 cents. Again I can only speculate on her from watching the streams. The stream the other day Ghneko was playing that I watched was a good example of how the person playing toon link just ran right through her

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So. My melee disk finally died, after all these years.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks to the devs, for giving me a way to play something that is at least a semblance of melee. Kinda makes me anticipate the patch a lot more, though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, the patch is going to feel absolutely fantastic and that it'll feel 100x more like Melee as if it already wasn't pretty close as it is.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The_Guide took the words right out of my mouth. Fireball Stars makes Sonic look damn good. And he understands how to gimp like a pro.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
This was literally brought up a few pages ago >_>

Tournament mode isn't of our concern at all. In fact if I had the power to (just speaking for myself, not the PMBR) I would remove Tournament Mode completely from the game because of how useless the mode is. I've never once heard anyone use it outside of the rare group of casuals that then slowly start to realize how Tournament Mode is not the most ideal way to hold a "tournament". The same goes for Rotation, another useless mode that players have been doing on their own in VS mode since forever.
Seriously?

Eh, maybe we could just remove the button or something? gray it out? I don't actually know.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Btw, Jcaes, are you hosting any Project: M tournies this summer here in Maryland? I remember you hosting a lot of Brawl+ fests back in the day, but I could never get to them, since I was locked to the D.C. area in terms of transport. Now, tho, I'm pretty flexible, and I'd love to play some of the folks in my state.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Seriously?

Eh, maybe we could just remove the button or something? gray it out? I don't actually know.
Its not really that serious, its just a demo, who is gonna use tournament mode anyways? Can you seriously say you went to tournament mode with intentions other than being bored and trying out the other mode for the hell of it? It honestly would just be a waste of time imo

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, someone would have to understand how to hack the menu interface code so that they could modify button locations, order, references, etc. and then remove the button both visually and physically.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't know. I don't play Lucas, but he looks like he has quite a bit of potential. Good wavedash, solid damage, nice combos, good throws. Projectile is decent too. He also kills crazily well if his moves land.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What's wrong with Spam's Lucas is that he can't play him :). It's true that almost no one plays Lucas and he still has to develop certain playstyle, but my Lucas is pretty sexy
Sucks is his default status it has nothing to do with me or you. Just that everyone is better than he is so he sucks by default. Make someone worse than him and add them to the demo or make him better....one or the other...and as I said before I'm not gonna say a character sucks based on rather I can win with them or play them....most people just wait for someone they respect to tell them what to think or they just wait for a video evidence instead of seeing for themselves....smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom