• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
I will take the opportunity to ask the developers about their opinion on Chain-Grab effectiveness.

What do you guys think about inescapable Chain-Grabs that deal a high amount of damage?

Fox example, I don't see anything wrong with being able to Chain-Grab a character from 10% to 50 or 60%, but CGs that deliver higher damage than that make me feel uneasy. Obviously, we could point out to how hard it is to execute the CG, but where the dev-team believes to be the balanced amount?

Personally, I wouldn't like to see CGs that deliver more than 50% Damage, unless there are trustful methods of escape.
you have the same opinion concerning chaingrabs that work on more than 50% of the cast (thinking sheik here)?

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
you have the same opinion concerning chaingrabs that work on more than 50% of the cast (thinking sheik here)?
Yes, basically. However, let me put something out of the way.

I don't mind CGs that have Mind-Games involved. If there are trustful methods of escape, I don't think they hurt the Gameplay Experience. It's like Tech-Chasing. There is a lot of prediction and presence of mind involved.

My real problem lies on Chain-Grabs that, once learned, rely only on the Grabber's skill, and not the Grabbed's. In Melee there where situations where, once grabbed, you could drop your controller and watch your character receive 60% to 80%. If the Grabber didn't miss, you could do nothing.

Revven

FrankerZ
There is always a chance the person chain grabbing can mess up. There is no reason to give up on DI'ing at any point against Marth's Uthrow or Sheik's Dthrow. If the person chain grabbing has excellent reading, there's no reason to punish them for it. The only character in Melee in which you can say that you could drop your controller once grabbed is ICs and even their wobbling can easily have a mishap occur where the player messed up performing the wobble.

All it means is that if you can't make the chaingrabber mess up by DI'ing in different ways then my advice to you is: don't get grabbed. It's definitely not to the same extreme as vs ICs in vBrawl but if you really don't want to get chaingrabbed then play safer.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea the cg's even if it does work to higher %s aren't guaranteed because of the ability to DI and mindgame the grabber or like falco400 said don't get grabbed or put yourself in situations where you will.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
The slogan for PM should be PM: 100% FREE of Tripping, and that alone would atract lot of people

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What smk and Sneak said. Marth's and Sheik's Melee CGs really aren't that bad compared to DDD and IC bull**** in Brawl. At least you are always still in control of your character and have influence on the outcome.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well stages and characters are separate and both have their own file size so It's not that big a deal. (unless you go overboard of course)

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Lucas can still trip whenever he wants to. :troll:

Edit: Did Vigilante ever post the recording of his show last nigh? I missed it.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You can only trip with the trip flag now. Such as Diddy's bananas.
So tripping has been controlled... But do you guys plan on giving any other move guaranteed tripping like Diddy's Bananas, or is Diddy going to be the only character that can directly trip his opponent? Can't think of anything atm, but maybe you guys will modify a character's moveset with something that could also use this unique effect.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Loving blogpost #5, hated that tripping.

Oh, and happy Easter guys, the REAL one.
(How we ended up celebrating a bunny with a basket full of chocolate eggs is beyond me...like with Christmas)
The eggs are older than Christianity, early Christians adopted them due to their symbolism, they represented rebirth.

Christmas too, a lot of how it is currently celebrated comes from older traditions, see Yule, it was completely absorbed by Christmas as Christianity became more prevalent.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Another religion discussion in the Project M thread? Ffffuuuuu

Also, how many people were there for Vigilante's podcast? Did people like it?
Not really discussing, just clarifying that easter/christmas/other holidays have parts that don't seem to be related to the holiday itself, because those parts usually come from a different religion or culture.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
I could've sworn I read something about Luigi being the only who can trip to add to his "clumsiness" but be able to attack out of it.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I could've sworn I read something about Luigi being the only who can trip to add to his "clumsiness" but be able to attack out of it.
That's from Brawl Minus, at least the older sets. If you want to see far more canon, or wacky movesets go there.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
(How we ended up celebrating a bunny with a basket full of chocolate eggs is beyond me...like with Christmas)
It's pretty simple, really.

They're only going to give it to Diddy's Nanners.
I believe an uncharged Wario Waft also tripped in vBrawl, was that changed?

Also, how many people were there for Vigilante's podcast? Did people like it?
Didn't catch the original run, but I did listen to it saved. The content was alright, but Vigilante's "Umm"s were distracting, and his guests were difficult to hear.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I believe an uncharged Wario Waft also tripped in vBrawl, was that changed?
I remember seeing Wario trip someone on a stream and when I asked what did it, everyone said stuff like "weakest waft does that".
So either something randomly tripped and people assumed it was that, or that was in at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom