• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
O BOY O BOY O BOY 6 minutes left guise....
is what I would be saying if I was really that impatient. Although, I do have the site on refresh every 5 minutes. just saying. lol

Slashy

Smash Lord
Hopefully tutorials for all this stuff will be posted at the end, so people can figure out how to make their own AI.

shanus

Smash Hero
There already are posts on AI. Also, I'm not going to write a post right now lol

Slashy

Smash Lord
I just want to understand how moonwalking works. My Brawl- characters weren't able to do it when I put them in the demo. I wanted to see Sonic's moonwalk without the friction nerfs.

jalued

Smash Lord
I thought the general consensus was that Brawl ledge occupancy is mostly superior.
i think its more that both melee and brawl were far too extreme in their ledge occupancy. The brawl system allowed the opponent to grap even if you have only just left the edge, and the melee one wouldnt allow a grab even if you are miles away from the ledge.

A nice midpoint is imo, the best solution, and from what i hear, is the aim of the PMBR

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Having ledge occupancy between the two will mean it takes a little bit of skill to edgehog, whilst still being able to be rewarded for it, which is why it seems to be the best solution I guess

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Just want to make sure, will the invincibility frames you get from the ledge be any different with the changed ledge properties or it doesn't make a difference?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It could be, but why would we care for Yoshi's shield when he isn't on demo and there's no plans to include new characters on the patch. If it's Yoshi's shield, it would be a smash dojo-like post, meaning useless xD.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Yes, I do get them, they just don't amuse me I guess :ohwell:. To me Easter is not about a bunny who lays eggs(that isn't even possible) because we do not celebrate it that way over here. The only meaning Easter has here is the resurrection of Jesus.
Edit: The spelling is clever for people who are into it though, maybe I just woke up in a foul mood :p

jalued

Smash Lord
Yes, I do get them, they just don't amuse me I guess :ohwell:. To me Easter is not about a bunny who lays eggs(that isn't even possible) because we do not celebrate it that way over here. The only meaning Easter has here is the resurrection of Jesus.
ah ok, over here its pretty much ALL about the eggs and chocolate, its just another day off. Zombie jesus ruins chocolate day :(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Easter for me has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus.
In large part because my Mum isn't christian, she's pagan, and Easter has significantly different connotations in my family.

leelue

Smash Lord
Also, puns are the keanu reeves of jokes.

Even if they are in reference to Zombie Jews.

Easter hasn't been significant for me since the last time I made tie dye t-shirts back in 5th grade. Simple times, then.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
welcome back chaingrabs :)
I will take the opportunity to ask the developers about their opinion on Chain-Grab effectiveness.

What do you guys think about inescapable Chain-Grabs that deal a high amount of damage?

Fox example, I don't see anything wrong with being able to Chain-Grab a character from 10% to 50 or 60%, but CGs that deliver higher damage than that make me feel uneasy. Obviously, we could point out to how hard it is to execute the CG, but where the dev-team believes to be the balanced amount?

Personally, I wouldn't like to see CGs that deliver more than 50% Damage, unless there are trustful methods of escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom