• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This skin is OK.

Anyway, thanks for that stream link.
I was asleep when it happened live.

Question: Why did you pause when Marth and D3 locked lips???

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Soooooo, I played a newer build of this (most certainly not the newest -_-) and I noticed Lucario looks small as ****. Is he really smaller or was my eyes playing tricks on me?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Everyone (excluding Bowser) is smaller. Is Lucario smaller relative to the other characters? I don't believe so.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Simple and Correct...I like your style Grim.

As for the long run If their is a way to bring back melee tether That would be nice but It would also be nice to have both. Not sure if that is possible but auto sweet spot tether does have its usefulness at times.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ivysaur really badly wants Melee tethers.

Like really, really badly.

Ivysaur would be somewhat viable in Brawl, imo, if Brawl had kept Melee tethers.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Don't they also provide a simple way to recover? As long as you hit the ledge it helps your recovery, not only that but it seems harder to gimp the tether recovery in Melee, so it is pretty much like adding an extra jump to those characters.

In Brawl it does get you onstage but it's fail window seems greater

Slashy

Smash Lord
I would love to have both but I feel like that would build too many recovery options. For Link, he'd probably need to have his crappy spin attack recovery back. Sammy would need to have her Smash 64 recovery.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I would love to have both but I feel like that would build too many recovery options. For Link, he'd probably need to have his crappy spin attack recovery back. Sammy would need to have her Smash 64 recovery.

that isn't needed, all you have to do is grb the ledge and you shut off over half the recovery options even if there are more options to recover added. No need to nerf the options, people can just adapt and lrn2edgeguard

shanus

Smash Hero
Melee tethers are infinitely superior to brawl tethers in just about every way. If we can make them, we will add them. No debate on that, lol.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Link, Samus, Ivy, and TL = Melee tether
Everyone else = Brawl tether

Nintendo was never consistent with Bowser's size.

Zamus' Forward B recovery with Melee style tether sounds ridiculous.

Slashy

Smash Lord
You forgot Lucas (though rope snake looks ridiculous with Melee Tethers)

I think they have equal risk and reward in concept (Maybe upping the range might be a bit better at overcoming Brawl's spotty ledge detection).

Both are easily gimped, it is just that Brawl's requires you to read your opponents actions before performing the move, and Melee's requires afterwards. Also Brawl's tethers arguably have a greater fail window (Correct me, but I thought that Zairs would still grab the stage even if a player was in the way.), and with a changed ledge occupancy it would up the risk even more.

Revven

FrankerZ
We can't up the range of tethers due to their inherent animation length. And we can't edit their animation length currently. So, that is not happening anytime soon.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Perhaps, if possible, with Zamus, give her both a Brawl and Melee tether? Say, her Up-B targets the ledge, while her Side-B tethers walls.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Ivysaur should just get a zair, regardless of how tethers are handled, she needs a good horizontal recovery as that's how she is easily edgehogged.

Revven

FrankerZ
We can't give people a Zair who originally did not have one in their subactions, especially since we don't even know how tethers even work in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps, if possible, with Zamus, give her both a Brawl and Melee tether? Say, her Up-B targets the ledge, while her Side-B tethers walls.
To build on this, you could make her up-b auto snap to the ledge like vBrawl at the cost of start up lag like Fox/Falco up-bs.

And her side-b could be the Melee like tether where it just grabs the stage wall instantly.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We have yet to figure out how tethers work. I am sure that if we made melee tethers we would have to "replace" the method that brawl uses. Which is why I don't think it'd be possible to give ZSS or anyone else BOTH tethers.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
We have yet to figure out how tethers work. I am sure that if we made melee tethers we would have to "replace" the method that brawl uses. Which is why I don't think it'd be possible to give ZSS or anyone else BOTH tethers.
If, in the end, some replacing needs to be done, please go for the Melee method. Brawl one is vastly inferior.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Zef, don't forget about the other things that were in the blogposts. Melee DI, Double Stick DI, Melee Stale Moves(except for multihit moves IIRC), Melee Landing Detection, and I think that's about it besides bug fixes. Demo Patch will be amazing, you guys. Tipmannn

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Was watching some of standardtoasters stream with the new DI and LD and everything is really starting to look smooth! It looks almost as smooth as melee which I never thought would be possible. Can you guys confirm that the new landing detection is EXACTLY like melee?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Landing detection was fixed, right?

So, uhh...can the patch come out now?

...like, before this weekend?
/impatient

jp, jp. Yall take your time. Great stuff so far, I didn't thing LD would be fixed this quickly. P:M could very well truly feel like melee after this patch. :bee:
/hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom