• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
You know, I really expected you guys to fix FREAKING LEDGE DURATIONS before landing detection. It seems like 10 times simpler yet it appears to be 10 times more difficult.
The good thing that I noticed about this is that we are diving at the abyss and trying Meteors/Spikes much more right now at the DEMO. Kinda makes the game more intense.

Anyway, I'm not against increasing occupancy time though.

shanus

Smash Hero
You know, I really expected you guys to fix FREAKING LEDGE DURATIONS before landing detection. It seems like 10 times simpler yet it appears to be 10 times more difficult.
We have a bunch of fixes we did prior to this that we havent shared yet.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
@Xjin someone already posted that >.>
@Monk I didn't see anyone answer your question so I'll do my best.
I beleive a marth killer is when you light-sheild next to the edge and when Marth up-b's it forces you to ledge grab, either keeping marth from recovering or putting him right on the edge of the stage and ready to be *****.
I have heard of the other tech, but can't really give a definitive answer as to what it is honestly.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Will the Unrestricted Camera code be included in the patch this time around? I can't even fathom why you didn't include it in the original release, unless it happened to conflict with one of your other codes or something.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
@Xjin someone already posted that >.>
@Monk
I have heard of the other tech, but can't really give a definitive answer as to what it is honestly.
It's basically shield dropping just like in Smash 64, just that in Melee, correct me if I'm wrong, you have to tilt left or right gently first then shield downwards to pass though platforms quicker

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This might be what you're looking for.

Also, I know someone said it two pages or so back, but reverse grabbing in Melee is more than just that. In Brawl, there's a dumb issue with trying to grab an opponent that's falling directly on top of you (yes, even if in front of you) where it doesn't work even though the grab hitbox blatantly connects. magus posted a gif about it like a billion pages ago, but it doesn't make any sense and it's the main reason that reverse grabbing needs to come back and it's definitely beyond a matter of "it was in Melee so it has to come back."

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know exactly what issue you're talking about, and it's ****ing ********. Can't wait for reverse grabbing to return.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I guess this means that Spikes are much more powerful in P:M than in Melee, but I don't think it isn't fixable, since LD and other things seemed much more complicated to fix.
Not exactly. You can still tech a spike by DIing (trajectory DI) into the wall. The "ledgeteching" that we haven't been able to fix yet is more for moves like Marth's dtilt that hit you directly away from the ledge. In Melee you could tech those via SDI, and that's what we want to bring back.

Jonas

Smash Champion
It's basically shield dropping just like in Smash 64, just that in Melee, correct me if I'm wrong, you have to tilt left or right gently first then shield downwards to pass though platforms quicker
If you press down too slow to spot dodge and too fast to just tilt the shield, you will drop through the platform. The timing is very specific.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly. You can still tech a spike by DIing (trajectory DI) into the wall. The "ledgeteching" that we haven't been able to fix yet is more for moves like Marth's dtilt that hit you directly away from the ledge. In Melee you could tech those via SDI, and that's what we want to bring back.

Then I guess my timing is utter crap, since I've been almost totally unable to tech Falco's Dair.

There is any timing changes?

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, you will be able to shield platform drop both by pressing down during inital dash then shield, as well as tilt down while already in shield. The latter is much less of a pain in the *** in PM than it is in Melee as I adjusted input sensitivities with these sort of things in mind. Same with pivoting. By separating the thresholds for pivot and dash a bit, I can see pivoted f/d/u-tilts being used more.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I am not on par with those terms of Isai Dropping and Math Killer's. Can someone inform on these?
This thread should help with platform dropping terms: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106622

Yeah, you will be able to shield platform drop both by pressing down during inital dash then shield, as well as tilt down while already in shield. The latter is much less of a pain in the *** in PM than it is in Melee as I adjusted input sensitivities with these sort of things in mind. Same with pivoting. By separating the thresholds for pivot and dash a bit, I can see pivoted f/d/u-tilts being used more.
Great news, shield dropping was always hard for me.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
The timing for basic advanced stuff like wavedashing and l-cancel has also reverted to melee's right?
Because I recall that the timing for those was pushing some veterans away.

On another topic, watching all the progress you have made recently I think you should release another trailer, at least for the patch, it would pump the hype a lot so wath do you think?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
So... couple months into the demo, none of my Melee friends conceivably see themselves preferring it to Melee, although some have shown interest. The spacie mains see the landing detection as a major issue that needs to be made a top priority if the mod is to have any success.
Others say they just wanna wait until the final version with all the characters is out, which I'm guessing won't be for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNG time...
As is such, I have pretty much no opponents to face, and no one that asks to play it. If I wanna use Link, I'm stuck using the crappy one in Melee instead of the awesome PM one (albeit his recovery is far worse, I'm still gonna be sour if thats not fixed.)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
So... couple months into the demo, none of my Melee friends conceivably see themselves preferring it to Melee, although some have shown interest. The spacie mains see the landing detection as a major issue that needs to be made a top priority if the mod is to have any success.
Others say they just wanna wait until the final version with all the characters is out, which I'm guessing won't be for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNG time...
As is such, I have pretty much no opponents to face, and no one that asks to play it. If I wanna use Link, I'm stuck using the crappy one in Melee instead of the awesome PM one (albeit his recovery is far worse, I'm still gonna be sour if thats not fixed.)
Have you paid any attention recently? Or read the last few pages/blog posts?
LD has been dealt with, as in fixed.

Revven

FrankerZ
do the characters feel exactly the same as melee, or are there some slight differences relating to animations, sticking teching etc?
Is this a joke question? Because I don't know how many times we've said this already...

Landing detection was the main fault for making characters feel not exactly like Melee. Sticky teching is completely unrelated to landing detection so I don't even know why you're bringing that up as it is a separate issue that needs to be dealt with on its own.

If you watch the stream that MonkUnit and standardtoaster provided you all with, you'll notice how even without the animation changes we need to do for aerials, air dodges, and other things that deal with landing or being in the air it is already Melee timing for those moves. There may be some small exceptions but when the animations for every character are fixed, those exceptions will be gone and the characters will feel as they should.

If for some reason someone says they still feel off to them then they are flat out being closed minded and don't want to believe we've actually made them match Melee's frame timings exactly. By the time you try out the patch, your worries will be washed away.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
i saw marth yesterday on the stream...... man, it was like seeing a melee marth o-o

A question, wth happens with Samus second air jump???? is like a SH , and the bomb recovery is messed up, thats because the modification of the N bone???

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
so is falcons up-B going to be fixed? As in he slides horizontally when you initiate it in brawl as oppose to melee were he stops dead in the air then moves.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i saw marth yesterday on the stream...... man, it was like seeing a melee marth o-o

A question, wth happens with Samus second air jump???? is like a SH , and the bomb recovery is messed up, thats because the modification of the N bone???
It's just an error or glitch that we have yet to fix. It'll be fixed in time.

jalued

Smash Lord
Is this a joke question? Because I don't know how many times we've said this already...

Landing detection was the main fault for making characters feel not exactly like Melee. Sticky teching is completely unrelated to landing detection so I don't even know why you're bringing that up as it is a separate issue that needs to be dealt with on its own.

If you watch the stream that MonkUnit and standardtoaster provided you all with, you'll notice how even without the animation changes we need to do for aerials, air dodges, and other things that deal with landing or being in the air it is already Melee timing for those moves. There may be some small exceptions but when the animations for every character are fixed, those exceptions will be gone and the characters will feel as they should.

If for some reason someone says they still feel off to them then they are flat out being closed minded and don't want to believe we've actually made them match Melee's frame timings exactly. By the time you try out the patch, your worries will be washed away.
it wasnt a joke question, its just hard to compare the PM stream to melee vids. The samus looked really good :)

but yeah, im sure once i try the patch it will all be clear.

Im guessing that the transfere from melee to PM is pretty seemless now then (still not a joke, i just want confirmation that this is the case please)

Revven

FrankerZ
How many things are you aiming to complete before the patch is released?
If we knew, it would have been out by now because these kinds of "discoveries" don't happen to be planned out, they just happen when we least expect them. Landing detection wasn't planned at all to be done anytime soon. We would be working on stuff and then all of the sudden Magus pops out of nowhere with a screenshot. That's exactly how unsure of what needs to get done because anything can magically show up to being fixed in like a week or two already making whatever we would release become outdated. It would suck if we released the patch by now and then landing detection shows up to be fixed and then you guys would be stuck with no LD for several months leaving bad impressions to players still, no?

If we weren't so patient with things, you wouldn't be very impressed with the patch.

Edit: jalued, from what I tried of Ganondorf, I can definitely say that it's 100% transferrable and almost felt alien to me because I was like "I'm Fairing SO LOW TO THE GROUND LIKE IN MELEE. AND IT'S THE BRAWL MODEL, WTF? It can't... BE!" And then you experiement some more and go like "I can do my old trixies again! HELL YES."

jalued

Smash Lord
Edit: jalued, from what I tried of Ganondorf, I can definitely say that it's 100% transferrable and almost felt alien to me because I was like "I'm Fairing SO LOW TO THE GROUND LIKE IN MELEE. AND IT'S THE BRAWL MODEL, WTF? It can't... BE!" And then you experiement some more and go like "I can do my old trixies again! HELL YES."
love this reply <3

HypeN

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm also interested in knowing this
Yes, an insignificant feature that allows extremely situational gimmicks to happen very rarely in casual let alone competitive play.
Must be removed immediately because it's not in melee.
Obviously.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Yes, an insignificant feature that allows extremely situational gimmicks to happen very rarely in casual let alone competitive play.
Obviously.
Did you read his question? I do not care if it stays in, but I wanted to know if they were planning to remove it...Jeez, some people get so agitated about something some simple, take a chill pill please.
Falcon's upB has been fixed in the patch IIRC.
wasn't that in the .pac Magus(I think) released a while ago?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Obviously.
Uh, to be fair, they didn't mention anything about removing it. They're curious about what kind of action, if any, will be done upon it or at the very least curious how it compares to Melee if it's applicable to it.
EDIT: Partially ninja'd. You get the point.

And yeah, magus did release the file some time ago in the thread. I don't recall if I got it myself or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom