• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
If we knew, it would have been out by now because these kinds of "discoveries" don't happen to be planned out, they just happen when we least expect them. Landing detection wasn't planned at all to be done anytime soon. We would be working on stuff and then all of the sudden Magus pops out of nowhere with a screenshot. That's exactly how unsure of what needs to get done because anything can magically show up to being fixed in like a week or two already making whatever we would release become outdated. It would suck if we released the patch by now and then landing detection shows up to be fixed and then you guys would be stuck with no LD for several months leaving bad impressions to players still, no?

If we weren't so patient with things, you wouldn't be very impressed with the patch.
That's implying three things. First, that releasing a patch would mean landing detection would somehow be delayed from being discovered. Second that you have to space out patches every few months. Third, that I wouldn't have been happy with the things discovered before landing detection.

Now I know that you need to do a lot more animation work to fit with the landing detection code before release, but perhaps you should put a cap on it, and release what's ready once everything is polished. Of course, keep working behind the scenes.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
At least i see some light in this thread, thanks for getting the point Gamedominator06

Thankssssss. i would actually suicide a lot because of it (I have a melee mindset when I play PM).
Here you go ETWIST:
Possible. FitCaptain.pac

Horizontal momentum can easily be scaled up/down by any amount on any move. Did it for shines (different amounts for air/ground), increasing momentum on taunts during initial dash to match momentum on taunts during run (was much less for some reason), multijumps' air resistance like on Puff, going to do it to tweak WD length and normal sliding (separately if needed), etc. There's just many things in general I simply haven't gone through yet and adjusted.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Yes, an insignificant feature that allows extremely situational gimmicks to happen very rarely in casual let alone competitive play.
Must be removed immediately because it's not in melee.
Obviously.
And you're assuming they want it removed because?...

Edit: Uber ninja'd

Slashy

Smash Lord
Didn't the horizontal momentum make Falcon Dive a better recovery move?

IMO, I'd rather have a new demo than a patch. Maybe in 40 days we can have another character ready for it?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i can't wait to try Lucas with LD fixed :p
I think it does Slashy, but the .pac Magus provided makes it like melee. I just wanted to give it to people who are asking for it and cant wait for the patch :)

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
That's implying three things. First, that releasing a patch would mean landing detection would somehow be delayed from being discovered. Second that you have to space out patches every few months. Third, that I wouldn't have been happy with the things discovered before landing detection.

Now I know that you need to do a lot more animation work to fit with the landing detection code before release, but perhaps you should put a cap on it, and release what's ready once everything is polished. Of course, keep working behind the scenes.
there is a 14 character cap called the demo character selection

Slashy

Smash Lord
I think if Dedede gets a new sidestep it should be a humourous animation.

Maybe covering his face with his hands and cowering?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Requesting lots of Ganon-stomping through platforms and super-low SHL and Missile Cancels in the stream please! :D

Slashy

Smash Lord
Are you guys artificially limiting the demo roster? Meaning that even if a character is ready to be played you're going to deliberately withhold him/her.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Probabaly yes, Slashy. There might be some that are close, but it seems that the demo 14 are the closest to being finished and/or acceptable to the devs to release.

I remember them mentioning Peach as being somewhat close to being done (you know, sans like the turnips on shield problem.) but even if that got fixed, she would be left out of the patch. Plus they've said multiple times that there would not be new characters in the patch so... :x

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, want a comparison, which of these is cooler and should be considered the official logo?

or this

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Hey guys, want a comparison, which of these is cooler and should be considered the official logo?

or this

I'm liking the first one more. Has more symmetry and more "in your face". The second one's design feels too digitalized and I'm not liking the color so much. Too bright and too stand out =/

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
the Black Font Logo. Fits better overall. Less clutter and everything seems to have the same style.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I did.

Why do you prefer the one currently in use? The strokes go in the wrong directions.
Its mainly the M. It doesn't feel as professional as the one the team made (The colors don't blend together well, in addition to being harder on the eyes.).

I also don't see what you mean about the strokes. They seem to go in the right directions, and have much more detail.

Edit: The current one also goes better with menu background that project m uses.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Its mainly the M. It doesn't feel as professional as the one the team made (The colors don't blend together well, in addition to being harder on the eyes.).

I also don't see what you mean about the strokes. They seem to go in the right directions, and have much more detail.
In the brawl logo, they all go to the right, in that one they mostly go to the left, and in all sorts of weird places. they also weren't made with the same type of brush as the brawl logo, which was a sort of wide brush.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I like the one made by Mookierah:
I say make this the official logo when it's all set and complete. It has that "it's finished and ready to rock your world" feel.

Oh, speaking of names for when it's complete, will the name be changed to something more oh you know...official? Will the name stay as "Project:M" or will it be around the lines of "Super Smash Bros Melee 2.0"?

Slashy

Smash Lord
That's not what they're using for the title screen, which looks like a bland font you'd see in a word processor.

Melee's menu aesthetic was very clean and neat, but it wasn't very interesting to look at. Brawl's was trying to be neat an animated on the menu, it was trying to entertain you every chance you get.

JCaesar, that text is very plain though, unlike evilagram or Mookie's it looks like it was thrown together in three seconds.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
In the brawl logo, they all go to the right, in that one they mostly go to the left, and in all sorts of weird places. they also weren't made with the same type of brush as the brawl logo, which was a sort of wide brush.
They don't need to emulate brawl's style.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I never really thought about it but, will project m always be called "Project M" even after it's released? that'd be kinda strange.

Personally, I think it should be called Melee: Second Impact!

Okay not really but you get my point.

And Jcz, I think the font should be a bit bigger on that one.

Edit: Partially ninja'd by soth lol

Slashy

Smash Lord
The font reminds me of Melee, it's too simplistic. I'm sorry but Melee's doesn't look artistic, it's just functional. If we're looking for functional, there's no need to make it look pretty at that point.

Does Melee's logo really catch your eye? It certainly tells you what the game is. Both 64 and Brawl tried to captivate you with their logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom