• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
IMO, it doesn't, the font looks bad, the M looks bad, and no "stupid effects" will help.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Guys. Stop being dumb.

Link's new jab attack - He balances on his right knee awkwardly and kick forward with his left leg.

shanus

Smash Hero
Looks way better than the one JC posted.
No offense to Evil, but it looks like ****. Please stop posting logos in this thread. If you think you've made a quality logo, PM it to me or another PMBR member.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Well, there goes 5 hours of meticulous work I'm not getting back, and that's just today.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
I think Evil's logo's have character to them. They are very artistic and pop out.

I do think some of the other one's posted have a more uniform feel to them.

I just feel like the one in the OP is a bit bulky.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I think Evil's logo's have character to them. They are very artistic and pop out.

I do think some of the other one's posted have a more uniform feel to them.

I just feel like the one in the OP is a bit bulky.
I think they are over-stylized, they feel like he was trying too hard without knowing what he was doing.

shanus

Smash Hero
As I said, if you have what you think is a quality one, you can PM it to us. However, we aren't actively looking for one, and are looking for one with extremely high quality.

@NeoZ - exactly, "less is more" is the perfect example here. Applying random styles in illustrator lacks much of a theme.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
As I said, if you have what you think is a quality one, you can PM it to us. However, we aren't actively looking for one, and are looking for one with extremely high quality.

@NeoZ - exactly, "less is more" is the perfect example here. Applying random styles in illustrator lacks much of a theme.
I'm in photoshop, and I applied the styles matching the original brawl logo.

I think they are over-stylized, they feel like he was trying too hard without knowing what he was doing.
I've done professional logo design work, and gotten paid a ton for it. Don't you tell me I don't know what I was doing. I was mimicking the font style of the original Brawl Logo, except with our words.

shanus

Smash Hero
The project part is alright, but its the M that just looks like you grabbed a random deviant art or used add noise and find edges inside the letter M, thats why it just looks so... off. I'm also a fan of more symmetry.

Also - don't take criticism so harshly, PM wouldn't even be here if we didn't!

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Okay...I have no idea how that discussion on logos started up, but the stream should be starting up in a few minutes. To tide you over until then, on request of PeachEater74, a gif of ganon landing on DL64 plat.

[ 8:12 pm] Pyrax lol at the tree blinking thinking what the **** just happened
Toast you're a boss.

Now if you'll excuse me.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I've done professional logo design work, and gotten paid a ton for it. Don't you tell me I don't know what I was doing. I was mimicking the font style of the original Brawl Logo, except with our words.
You might be a professional and have done great work before, but this isn't an example of that.
Try to take in criticism and think "why are they telling me this? where did I go wrong? can I fix it?" instead of being arrogant.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
You might be a professional and have done great work before, but this isn't an example of that.
Try to take in criticism and think "why are they telling me this? where did I go wrong? can I fix it?" instead of being arrogant.
It's more funny though. That's the reason I posted it to the thread instead of just talking it over with Jcaesar on AIM.

I'll try a different M at another time. The inconsistencies of the font to the brawl mod logos has been annoying me since B+ and I figured I would fix it. Sorry for being an ***.

D

Deleted member

I dont see a problem with the logo.

Just customize your own copy of PM's cosmetics to meet your wants.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Also - don't take criticism so harshly, PM wouldn't even be here if we didn't!
true and true. I've got to know Shanus and some of the others a bit over the past year...not personally but from a personality stand point I guess. Shanus just kinda says what he feels. Doesn't make him an ******* he just isn't gonna dance around anything. Take it or leave it.

anyways I was wondering what are the chances of Sheik getting her Side-B tether back again? Not that I care 1 way or the other but for player vs CPU reasons it would be nice. Sheik has become the new CPU Luigi it seems...killing herself trying to recover with Side-B.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
anyways I was wondering what are the chances of Sheik getting her Side-B tether back again? Not that I care 1 way or the other but for player vs CPU reasons it would be nice. Sheik has become the new CPU Luigi it seems...killing herself trying to recover with Side-B.
They're pretty adamantly against it, and for good reason: Sheik was already pretty great, and I can see him rising to the top with his buffed Down-B.
Besides, with the strides they've made in custom AI, I don't think it'll be a problem much longer.

Ecks

Smash Lord
No. It should be called M.E.L.E.E

Men
Emulate
Long-lasting
Extrodinary
Euporhia
Ha, reminds me of the Kids Next Door.

And man I've been waiting for that Link picture ever since I saw the blogpost.

So anyway, what has been decided for the shoulder buttons? I really like wave dashing/landing with a light press.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The PMBR is probably just stricter and more categorical because their experience with Brawl+ shows them that they have to draw a line if they are to get things done.

And yes, Brawl graphics can play mind tricks on you.because the characters don't look the same, you will obviously need a bit of an adaptation. Heck, the demo Falco was a carbon copy of Melee Falco except for the issues that they mentioned and said they would fix. I have no trouble believing that Magus' database is the real deal.

They literally ripped the data off from the Melee disk, guys, that as good as it gets.

bleyva

Smash Ace
the PM logo in current use kicks ***, there really is no need to change it ever.

sorry, but pretty much all the other ones posted are lookin pretty beat. no offense, it just seems like everyone's trying to design it to look like the title card for some gay *** anime or something. the current uses simple, direct lettering, none of that stylized bull****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom