• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Geez, you answer a question and there's a ****storm over pronoun use…

Hoo-yeah! Sonic Colors! The fact that colors must be replaced was what kept me from Brawl hacking for so long! I hated all the logistics (that inevitably led to disappointment) of trying to get awesome costumes, keep friends happy, and satisfy team colors slots.
I am HYPED for this thing we're assuming that Dantarion was talking about!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Nah, Dant added kinect support. So for example, say I want to do snake's vbrawl utilt. I'd be going to the hospital.

In all seriousness though. I really really want new color slots since in most cases I don't like replacing colors. Specially if they're team colors.

Edit: So has anyone tried (and is good) at project m with any other controller? I tried using the classic but the control stick feels awful with that thing.
I play with the Classic Controller Pro. I don't know if I'm 'good', but I think I play halfway decently. There's a tourney on April 17th (side event is on the 16th) in Ohio hosting P:M that may stream it. So you might see me there. Otherwise there should be vids of it up on YouTube afterwards.

I play Falco, Ganondorf, Mario and now Zelda primarily and can play just about everyone else okay.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Count Kaiser plays with the Classic Controller and he's pretty good.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Not exactly. You can still tech a spike by DIing (trajectory DI) into the wall. The "ledgeteching" that we haven't been able to fix yet is more for moves like Marth's dtilt that hit you directly away from the ledge. In Melee you could tech those via SDI, and that's what we want to bring back.
You mean, being able to use SDI to ledgetech that moves?

Because you can 'ledgetech' Marth's Dtilt in the Demo, I did this myself many times ._.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think an old, ghetto method of ledge-teching is in the original demo, however the current build in the backroom doesn't use it for whatever reason and we want a real way to do it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Sheik#Debate_on_Sheik.27s_sex there were things here saying it is a guy but things saying it may not be... lol idk tho
Problem there is that it doesn't mention that in the Japanese version of the game, NO ONE EVER refers to Sheik as a male

Get Hype!

(for things I have been working on in #PMBR)
extra ____ slots (no, not songs, no, not stages)
Oh my lordy! Please be costume slots, that would be so much win

shanus

Smash Hero
Ledgeteching doesn't work properly at all. What your experience is a fluke of being hit slightly inward. For example, you can do what "looks" like a ledgetech on DKs downsmash as it hits you inward. However, on a move that hits purely outwards, like say, marths fsmash, you cannot SDI into a wall and ledgetech like you could in melee.

No code every made has enabled this. The old code was completely wrong... it enables wallteching during hitstun that is nontumble

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
No code every made has enabled this. The old code was completely wrong... it enables wallteching during hitstun that is nontumble
Do you guys know how difficult it is to fix this? I mean, did you explore ways to fix it and couldn't, or you guys didn't try at all (aside from the old code)?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Get Hype!

(for things I have been working on in #PMBR)
extra ____ slots (no, not songs, no, not stages)
Hmm....... I'm not gonna answer directly.

The thing is, part of me doubts that he would make this that big a deal if it was costume slots as he found the location in memory that controls how many costume slots characters have months ago.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Instance_Slots
Bottom of page.

LOL @ Kinect support post. I doubt anyone would be able to replicate Fox's Dsmash easily either.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hey Devs. Quick question. Would the timing on dair shine feel different because of LD? I'm playing demo Falco and the window seems really tight.

Or is this just me?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The thing is, part of me doubts that he would make this that big a deal if it was costume slots as he found the location in memory that controls how many costume slots characters have months ago.
Youre kinda right.
But there is a big difference between "finding something" and turning it into a usable thing.

Rikana

Smash Champion
So what's considered to be the next biggest thing on the to-do list?

I have a feeling wall tethers will either be impossible/extremely hard from the way its programmed in Brawl since it acts nothing like Melee. Same with light shielding.

Everything seems possible such as: SDI, true ledge techs, preserve momentum in techs, perfect wavelands, and no tripping at all except from bananas.

ds22

Smash Lord
So what's considered to be the next biggest thing on the to-do list?

I have a feeling wall tethers will either be impossible/extremely hard from the way its programmed in Brawl since it acts nothing like Melee. Same with light shielding.

Everything seems possible such as: SDI, true ledge techs, preserve momentum in techs, perfect wavelands, and no tripping at all except from bananas.
Brawl and Melee are more alike then you would think though.
Landing Detection seemed impossible due to how Brawl loads landing, yet it has recently been changed to act exactly like Melee.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not sure yet but can you change the demo music with a hackless wii? If there is a way can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I'm kinda lost.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We have not touched that mechanic yet afaik.

@Spam Arrows: You can still use the music stuff. Just put the .brstm file in private/app/wii/RSBE/pf/sound/strm and make sure to have the brstm labeled correctly such as X01.brstm, A03.brstm, etc.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So has anyone tried (and is good) at project m with any other controller? I tried using the classic but the control stick feels awful with that thing.
I play both Brawl and Project:M with the Wiimote+Numchuk. I can **** AIs/my brother with a decent degree of competency, but wavedashing/everything is really awkward. I really need to drain some of my 3DS money to get a couple Gamecube controllers.

Revven

FrankerZ
Second time I bump this...you there devs??
It's not big enough of a deal for one reason only:

Teching is fixed whereas in vBrawl teching is stupid and never works right in that game. That's the huge difference so there's really no need to "fix it" or "change it" when not only is teching actually working properly but also there's no jab locks or any locks in PM. Sure, you could use the opportunity of a mis-tech from that to reset but that's not game breaking, now is it?

Secondly, Melee has the same mechanic as far as I know as characters do get pushed off of edges when shielding in a similar manner. Not sure if it happens when they're standing near a ledge without shielding but even so, like I said, the worst that could happen is a reset.

And like said earlier, it's such a minuscule part of the game that has no real bearing on the metagame that what's the purpose in worrying about it? The worst possible outcome is a reset that leads into a combo and if anything that's the opponent's fault for missing the tech.

ds22

Smash Lord
I play both Brawl and Project:M with the Wiimote+Numchuk. I can **** AIs/my brother with a decent degree of competency, but wavedashing/everything is really awkward. I really need to drain some of my 3DS money to get a couple Gamecube controllers.
Well, if your lucky, you can buy a decent (but unofficial) Gamecube controller for like €10
($14,30).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well, if your lucky, you can buy a decent (but unofficial) Gamecube controller for like €10
($14,30).
NONONONONONONONONO, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT???

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT BUY ANY CONTROLLER FROM ANYTHING OTHER THAN NINTENDO. They break in a week if you have any type of techskill whatsoever. Don't waste your money.

Secondly, Melee has the same mechanic as far as I know as characters do get pushed off of edges when shielding in a similar manner. Not sure if it happens when they're standing near a ledge without shielding but even so, like I said, the worst that could happen is a reset.
No, in melee you can tech it. And it actually does happen quite a bit when you're getting shield pressured (most of the the type marth causes it).

Ecks

Smash Lord
@ds22

I would have thought they were like 10$ since it's been so long.

I'm pretty much on the same situation and in need of a new gcn controller.

One has the control stick messed up, and the other has the cstick messed up :/

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Dant added kinect support. So for example, say I want to do snake's vbrawl utilt. I'd be going to the hospital.

In all seriousness though. I really really want new color slots since in most cases I don't like replacing colors. Specially if they're team colors.

Edit: So has anyone tried (and is good) at project m with any other controller? I tried using the classic but the control stick feels awful with that thing.
I like the classic controller but some bad code makes the wiimote to desync so if u press B on jigzz or link she rolls out when u dont want to and link shoots his arrow etc... some dashing problems too.

I wanted to ask if this problem has been solved in the patch or will be adressed since I know most ppl use the GC controller but I only have 1 and the others are waybirds and i like the classic and etc...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We have not touched that mechanic yet afaik.

@Spam Arrows: You can still use the music stuff. Just put the .brstm file in private/app/wii/RSBE/pf/sound/strm and make sure to have the brstm labeled correctly such as X01.brstm, A03.brstm, etc.
I see thanks. I found a place where I can just download or request that some get done so I'll just....do that.

As for Textures From what I saw you must have a hacked wii and homebrew. Unless I'm wrong but I couldn't find anything on hackless wii texture changing but I'm sure it's there somewhere.....

Revven

FrankerZ
It's the same thing as you would do it for a hacked Wii Spam_Arrows, the method doesn't change how you load the files or anything. :|

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can do anything with the hackless that you could with the hacked such as music, textures, stages, etc. Just --

Freaking livetopic ninja-ing me. :glare:

Spoon~

Smash Ace
@ds22

I would have thought they were like 10$ since it's been so long.

I'm pretty much on the same situation and in need of a new gcn controller.

One has the control stick messed up, and the other has the cstick messed up :/
You can get one of them good white ones with like the 7 ft cord on amazon for like 25 bucks.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Brawl and Melee are more alike then you would think though.
Landing Detection seemed impossible due to how Brawl loads landing, yet it has recently been changed to act exactly like Melee.
You don't seem to get the point. Landing detection is already in Brawl. Its a matter of finding those points and altering it, which they found recently.

Light shielding does not even exist in Brawl. Its harder to do something when it doesn't exist, let alone the fact that Brawl reads all shield inputs as one button (which is why you can't wavedash OoS when holding down on the shield input). Same with tethers. Tethers in Brawl are made only to snap to ledges. Maybe this can be altered by making it snap to wall collisions instead but what would the characters's upBs, like ZSS', do if she's falling down on the slope of the wall? It will completely mess with her upB. And even if they give ZSS a new non-tether upB because of this, they have to edit the tether animations, for those who still have it, where you can jump when your tether does not hit a ledge point.

As similar as Brawl is to Melee, these are the things that make it extremely hard to bring back some Melee features.

ds22

Smash Lord
You don't seem to get the point. Landing detection is already in Brawl. Its a matter of finding those points and altering it, which they found recently.

Light shielding does not even exist in Brawl. Its harder to do something when it doesn't exist, let alone the fact that Brawl reads all shield inputs as one button (which is why you can't wavedash OoS when holding down on the shield input). Same with tethers. Tethers in Brawl are made only to snap to ledges. Maybe this can be altered by making it snap to wall collisions instead but what would the characters's upBs, like ZSS', do if she's falling down on the slope of the wall? It will completely mess with her upB. And even if they give ZSS a new non-tether upB because of this, they have to edit the tether animations, for those who still have it, where you can jump when your tether does not hit a ledge point.

As similar as Brawl is to Melee, these are the things that make it extremely hard to bring back some Melee features.
I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are about that.
(I'm in the PMBR BTW, so I know a little more than you do)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

True...but their's always another way. Before the value's of melee found people were creating things seemingly out of thin air. Given time suitable replacements could be made. It won't be the exact same but as long as it preforms the same functions I don't really care. If worse comes to worse you could make tethers grab ledge even if they are occupied...now that would be **** to see ;).

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are about that.
(I'm in the PMBR BTW, so I know a little more than you do)
To be honest, I'm happy that I'm wrong. It means its much more possible than I thought it would be.

May you elaborate on that? I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom