• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nah, from what I heard (which was a long *** time ago so I can't remember the source) is that Snake originally had a bigger model and that they made it smaller and forgot to make the hitboxes smaller. Sounds plausible to me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
[10:40pm] <Magus> =D
[10:40pm] <Magus> [link to Landing Detection codes]
[10:40pm] <Magus> fully functional

Now all that's left is animation tweaking to make it work correctly =D

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
[10:40pm] <Magus> =D
[10:40pm] <Magus> [link to Landing Detection codes]
[10:40pm] <Magus> fully functional

Now all that's left is animation tweaking to make it work correctly =D
Good. Good.

And this is coming from a user that has been anti-hype since July 2008.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea, that is definitely not right
why should grab range be increased from a pivot? it should be the same range as a dash grab

the LD codes are sounding to be the real deal.....to think about how much progress was made in under 2 months.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ike with proper LD is 2gud.

I can't describe how good this is. I'm not sure if this is all going to be in the final release, but dear god I hope so.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Just wondering. How much are you guys trying to cover before you guys decide it's enough for the patch?

I'm always in for the better product and I don't mind waiting. Buy how do you know when it's considered enough?

@irc chat. seriously. you guys accomplished so much. I would treat you guys to a round of drinks if I knew you in person. good stuff.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
why should grab range be increased from a pivot? it should be the same range as a dash grab

the LD codes are sounding to be the real deal.....to think about how much progress was made in under 2 months.
It's what Sakurai decided on really. It was mentioned in the Dojo.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Just wondering. How much are you guys trying to cover before you guys decide it's enough for the patch?
if they knew themselves i think the patch would have been out by now lol.....it's not like they know when a breakthrough is coming and ofcourse they want to make any public release the best they have to offer

although....i can see the patch coming real soon :grin:

@Shadic

your last post was just plain evil :(

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Honestly, I think they'd be counting on the other few things at this rate just to top off a patch that will pretty much mirror the final release's physics. Doing that would make it much easier for the metagame to develop with significantly less disruption.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Ike with proper LD is 2gud.

I can't describe how good this is. I'm not sure if this is all going to be in the final release, but dear god I hope so.
Any other brawl characters notably benefiit from LD? Yes, I know all of them do, but I'm just curious if there are exceptional examples.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Because it encourages you to run away. Thanks, Brawl :)
It lets you grab MK out of his Tornade in vBrawl, so I guess it's kind of a good thing. Sometimes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The use of "inconceivably" right after The_Guide's post given his avatar made me lol. Pretty good movie that I watched not too long ago.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
It was 5 in the morning, after I'd pulled an all-nighter to pump out an essay for uni.

Gimme a break, lol. ^_^

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
the grab range isn't actually increased in pivot grabs is it? so whats the problem?
Pivot grab ranges are (afaik) always longer than dash grab ranges, and usually with the same or a bit less endlag.

Wavebounce- setting c-stick to specials and while going one direction, pressingthe c-stick the opposite direction will cause you do your side-b with a backwards momentum
You don't need the c-stick for this. It just makes it EZ mode, but it's still possible with the control stick.

ShieldStun SDI - you can SDI while in shield stun
Preeeetty sure this was in Melee too...

B-reverse - pressing the opposite direction right before doing a B move causes your character to turn around and perform the B move in that direction. Sometimes adding a wonky momentum shift.
You actually have to move the stick in the opposite direction just after you start the B move to get the momentum reversal, not before. If you do it before, you'll just turn around and do the B move, like how spacies do retreating lasers in Melee.

Funny story: I suck at doing retreating lasers with Falco Melee style, so I just RAR them :p

Vigilante

Smash Lord
well, it's possible that that Snake's F-Air will see some more use, Snake's neutral air too seems like it could hit more precisely, and the back air could hit smaller enemies more easily with fast fall. And Shadic just mentioned Ike being great with it

Landing detection will obviously help everyone a great deal, especially those with aerial attacks but some more than others.

And something about Brawl tech. You can try using them, but except B-reversal, I found none to be useful. There are better options with Melee physics back.

Edit:

@JCaesar. I do it too. Short hop B-reversal laser is legit.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
There's also Platform Cancelling which I don't think anybody mentioned yet. (for Brawl techs)

Basically any moving platform if you do any attack while holding down on the control stick (or just flicking the control stick down) while rising above it (the timing can be a little strict) you'll instantly land on the platform.

Kinda made redundant by wavelanding but it's still there >.>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl techs not useful? For me at least, glidetossing and RARing are a core part of my gameplay. B-reversal is gimmicky, but it can be useful for a select few moves.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I could see B Reversal being incredibly useful for Lucario, since it is in vBrawl.

Question, what can Lucario do out of aerial aura sphere charge? In vBrawl he could air dodge, but seeing as MAD puts you into special fall, I don't see that being as useful...

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

If you notice in the video, falco dashed just before I pivot grabbed him. This put his hurtbox much closer to me and into the range of my pivot grab.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Brawl techs not useful? For me at least, glidetossing and RARing are a core part of my gameplay. B-reversal is gimmicky, but it can be useful for a select few moves.
To be fair, I don't use characters with items, so I never bothered with glide-tossing. Might as well try with Link. And RAR, I always confuse with B reversal. I'll give it a shot.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Just wondering have you looked into aerial moves with momentum altering properies? (like Metaknight's up air) IMO some of those should be removed.

I mentioned those two specials because I thought they'd be most effected by the change.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
To be fair, I don't use characters with items, so I never bothered with glide-tossing. Might as well try with Link. And RAR, I always confuse with B reversal. I'll give it a shot.
Link's glidetoss sucks. Snake's is meh. So I guess it's kind of moot for the demo.

The 2 characters I would consider my mains in Project M are ROB and Peach, who have some of the most useful glidetosses in the game, so yeah, I'm well-versed :p

RAR is something you should practice. It has a plethora of interesting and trixy uses aside from the obvious ones like faster edgehogging and approaching with bair.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you're not b-reversing Lucas's side b or down b, you're doing it wrong. Seriously, it's so good. Same thing with an AC Nayru's. Most of those things good/interesting enough that were willingly returned from Brawl are actually good in a fair amount of situations.

Just don't be so closed minded, lol. Just because this is really like Melee doesn't mean you have to play it the exact same way.

Revven

FrankerZ
We cannot show anything until it's 100% done (that includes animation work). Sorry, but you'll have to be very patient for awhile as we only have so many people that are familiar with animating in BrawlBox.

jalued

Smash Lord
We cannot show anything until it's 100% done (that includes animation work). Sorry, but you'll have to be very patient for awhile as we only have so many people that are familiar with animating in BrawlBox.
that's fine, just very excited by the development (as im sure you are all too)

Thank you for the mature answer, its appreciated :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Jcaesar, wavebouncing is so stupid hard to do without the c-stick on specials it is almost impossible for some characters, reason why i didn't mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom