• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Run

Jump, immediately tap back and let the control stick reset to neutral

Wait a short amount of time (you can make this shorter with practice)

Press B and the control stick forwards to make a "continous" tapping sound

There's your wavebounce. The window of time you can wait before pressing b and forwards is actually pretty large too

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So I heard the intent with Toon Link's arrows are to make them more like Y.Link's trajectory. Well, what about the Fire Element as well?
No idea if the arc of the arrows will change, but they definitely won't be exactly YL's arc. Also, we will probably give TL fire arrows so its sort of a throwback to YL. :)

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
No idea if the arc of the arrows will change, but they definitely won't be exactly YL's arc. Also, we will probably give TL fire arrows so its sort of a throwback to YL. :)
I thought there was some sort of coding issue with the fire's stun (or whatever it was) acting like Melee's.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Question with YTL(Young Toon Link) is he going to have or rather keep the Tornado spin from what I have seen in the vids? Just wondering because I always though TL should have had that since Vbrawl. Considering his isn't really a power house type move like how adult link's move is. Also that will be sweet if you guys manage to give back the fire arrows. ^_^

Any chance you guys for Young Toon Link possibly give him back his awesome taunt from Melee? I think it would be cool to have that taunt again.

Do the Pocket Monsters still have type weaknesses?
That is actually a good question.

jalued

Smash Lord
Question with YTL(Young Toon Link) is he going to have or rather keep the Tornado spin from what I have seen in the vids? Just wondering because I always though TL should have had that since Vbrawl. Considering his isn't really a power house type move like how adult link's move is. Also that will be sweet if you guys manage to give back the fire arrows. ^_^

Any chance you guys for Young Toon Link possibly give him back his awesome taunt from Melee? I think it would be cool to have that taunt again.

That is actually a good question.
if i remember it was removed in brawl+, since it gave squirte a massive advantage and ivysaur got destroyed by it

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

YTL will keep the moving spin attack.

If anyone wants to try and animate that taunt, go for it! For now, we have more important things to work on than a taunt. :)

Xedi

Smash Cadet
I've finally had the chance to play the Project M demo, and I must say I was blown away! I love the attention to detail that was put into this, all the animations look really good. I really like what you've done with Lucas, it's great. Some other characters are really nice too, for instance Mario. I'm also happy just to have the trademark Falco moves back (mostly shine, up tilt, forward smash).

I like how you really kept a few nice things from Brawl, such as that thing that allows you to do back aerials after running (not sure what it's called). Quite a few other mechanisms too, can't remember off the top of my head. I think that's great, it would have been a shame to just put everything back to how it was in Melee, some things can be improved!

Oh, and Temple:M is amazing. How do stages work though, why are some removed especially with 75m still there?

My only complaints so far, I'll be happy for you to convince me that I'm wrong: I thought Link's up-B charge was good, was sad that was removed. Also I think Sheik's needles should keep the charge mechanism from Brawl.

Just out of interest (not even because I want to know when I can hope for the full thing to be released), how much work is involved to convert each character to this? How many things do you usually have to change (obviously this depends on character)?

Again, great job to everyone involved!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If link had the brawl charge system for his upB then the knockback would have to be reduced from the very start of the charge which would make it have less uses for edgeguarding and combos unlike the current upB which has no charge and has good KB.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It wouldn't have to. It could start out at the full melee power and be charged further. This was my original thought of how it would work when Brawl came out

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Well that's a good argument M0nkUn1t, but I thought they could do something interesting with it, I don't know. I'm obviously not hugely bothered!

Slashy

Smash Lord
Also, Sheik still has her ability to roll out of a needle charge. The change to holding down the button to charge (as opposed to tapping it) gives players the ability to fire needles immediately. This is especially useful if you only want to fire one needle.

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Yes, well, I know that, but you could fire immediately by tapping twice no?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well you could just leave the charge for aesthetics and it wouldn't make a difference whether you charged it or not. I know many people will complain that the charge is gone so if you guys could leave it in, then why not?

And what the hell is a wave bounce?

Stupid brawl ATs. I'll just go google it. >_>

Edit: I was talking about Link's up btw.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
@Slashy: Removing the weakneses was planned, and I think it's already done. Of course, that's just stuff I heard in streams. You might want someone to confirm this. Detail often gets mixed up in those.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yes, we removed PT element-weaknesses.

Way to remove a component of a blogpost, livestreamer!

Revven

FrankerZ
Well you could just leave the charge for aesthetics and it wouldn't make a difference whether you charged it or not. I know many people will complain that the charge is gone so if you guys could leave it in, then why not?
That... would definitely be more than aesthetic...

Xedi said:
Yes, well, I know that, but you could fire immediately by tapping twice no?
It however is not very well designed for how the move is used in high level play. Go watch some Melee Sheik high level players and see how they use needles. If they worked the way they do in Brawl, it would definitely mess people up on edgeguarding and take longer to throw a few needles out. The charge mechanic for her needles was better in Melee.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I know this might sound crazy, but did you remove the Pikmin type advantage too? Unlike the PKMN the pikmin type advantage was a defining trait, gave you a reason to reorder your Pikmin if you were fighting Pikachu or Luigi

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
no

zap jump is double jumping and Pk firing at the same time, don't know the actual window of input 5 frames? 10 frames? i dunno

Zap jump is easy to do if you use the claw

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness's zap jump(we call it PK jump) in vbrawl was bad and useless, i never played Brawl+ so i dunno what it was like in there.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Basically Ness' Brawl+ zap jump was basically his double jump with a huge amount of forward momentum;however, the momentum boost was not as excessive as what Lucas received.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
i still don't understand what mechanic is at work that makes them fly so far, especially lucas, a perfect zap jump he literally flys to the blast zones.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Aww, but I like Zap Jumping, from how I saw it. It allowed you to get to the stage more easily at the cost of having an extremely telegraphed recovery.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
^^^or screw it up and fall to your death lol, done that lots with lucas, try a zap jump-> screw up -> owwwww -> GAME SET

Slashy

Smash Lord
That can happen with any tech messup, it's just a mistimed Zap Jump has a much greater chance of leading to death than a failed L-Cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom