• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
And I hate PAL for what it did to Falco. There really isn't a best version. But anyone who has a main will hate the version where their character has the nerfs. That's just how it is.

jalued

Smash Lord
And I hate PAL for what it did to Falco. There really isn't a best version. But anyone who has a main will hate the version where their character has the nerfs. That's just how it is.
have you even played PAL falco? its like, exactly the same! His dair change makes no difference in high level play

Vigilante

Smash Lord
have you even played PAL falco? its like, exactly the same! His dair change makes no difference in high level play
It actually does make a difference. For instance, if you want to risk a spike off stage, you can do so using the last frames of your spike, then barely recover. It also stuns more in NTSC-U. It's a risky move, but pretty cool. And sometimes, you want to plan the move in advance to trick the person into jumping into it. Furthermore, this move is iconic to Falco. It would be like a Fox without wavedashi-- *Tries not to stab his Brawl DVD.*

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
New idea: Make Sheik's DThrow a Rest-level kill move.

Now it no longer locks low tiers. :troll:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sheik's dthrow will remain the same as it is unless otherwise noted from the PMBR.

To start a new discussion, have you guys seen JCaesar's Project M Pound 5 matches?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Change the subject to something else or you're doomed to not be heard.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I just realized you must be CORY the "Use dash attack a lot Marth Guide" CORY.

Wasn't it you that made that guide? (I think that was you, it was so long ago now)

man those were the days.
how do you remember "use dash attack alot" and not "marth's grab game isn't very good" ?

Stevo

Smash Champion
I dunno... for some reason dash attack stuck with me.
the strategy was to dash attack and then keep juggling them above you right?

saying marth's grab isnt very good is a lot more funny and worthy of remembrance like you say, however.

Edit: I also like the evolution of account names. which seeing your name has made me realize.

2001: CORY (regular name)
2004: Stevo (slight variation of a regular name)
2011: LuigiLover69 (long name with numbers at the end)

I guess this is all really off topic though.
On topic: ZSS down-b from brawl is pretty boring (her forward-b kinda is too) have any ideas been thrown around for replacements?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It actually does make a difference. For instance, if you want to risk a spike off stage, you can do so using the last frames of your spike, then barely recover. It also stuns more in NTSC-U. It's a risky move, but pretty cool. And sometimes, you want to plan the move in advance to trick the person into jumping into it. Furthermore, this move is iconic to Falco. It would be like a Fox without wavedashi-- *Tries not to stab his Brawl DVD.*
Fox had a wavedash in 64?!

Oh wai---

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
And the hype comes storming back. Great job to Magus and everyone else working hard to make this happen!

I have a feeling that Landing Detection is still a multi-layered problem... but this has me excited for breakthroughs in it too.

shanus

Smash Hero
The best part is that blog post clearly states that its only a bit of what we have discovered :)

Fixing DI is going to force us to tweak some SDI multipliers, as well as adjust some angles we had adjusted to compensate for DI potencies, so we have to revisit several hundred hitboxes for characters to acocunt for this change, as a fyi.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Once again, good things do happen when I sleep at odd hours.

*applause*

Uh-oh. Be careful what you wish for with hype.

*Leaves thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom