• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Who cares. It's not as if moonwalking is even super useful or crucial like L-canceling.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't find it difficult in either game, so *shrug*. I can ask Magus about it.
EDIT: Magus says....

moonwalks are easier because you have less momentum forward from a quick dash
if you press forward 1 frame in each game you go further in melee
you brake faster in PM or something

GPDP

Smash Ace
EDIT: Magus says....

moonwalks are easier because you have less momentum forward from a quick dash
if you press forward 1 frame in each game you go further in melee
you brake faster in PM or something
So let me get this straight.

Moonwalking is easier in PM due to braking faster, but ultimately it has more potential in Melee due to greater quick dash momentum?

Are these in any way correlated? Like, does the ability to brake faster mean less momentum? Could we get the greater momentum along with the fast braking?

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
Regarding link's zair, we have not been able to find a way to make the chain go a further distance
it's cool just the way it is now, just think about a zair that long and Link will be like "LOL come and get me"... and the Idea of adding more frames to zair landing animation to compensate would be pretty bad just for a longer chain, IMO of course

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaaat? There's no ledge-teching? I was practicing it with mines on Hyrule Temple's walls/ceilings and it seemed to work fine with SDI...

also, good work with the patch. :bee:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I actually have a harder time doing it in PM because they're so easy to me in melee. But I think I just need to find the timing, I just really don't care enough to do so. :bee:

And I have the best multi moonwalks in this thread. :embarrass::embarrass::embarrass::embarrass::embarrass::embarrass::embarrass:

lol

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Awesome news about DI.

Are you planning to restore Sheik's needles to their Melee potency? Obviously stopping Samus' charge shot is a little bizarre, but they should still retain their utility in edgeguarding, especially considering the stated goal of no nerfs. The d-throw CG was one thing, but the needles were fine. I assume they're only worse because you haven't been able to modify them?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Awesome news about DI.

Are you planning to restore Sheik's needles to their Melee potency? Obviously stopping Samus' charge shot is a little bizarre, but they should still retain their utility in edgeguarding, especially considering the stated goal of no nerfs. The d-throw CG was one thing, but the needles were fine. I assume they're only worse because you haven't been able to modify them?
There is no priority code. Melee priority works differently than Brawl's. I believe Brawl's is whoever's hitbox overrides will take "priority" or something like that. Whatever it is, Brawl works differently.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
There is no priority code. Melee priority works differently than Brawl's. I believe Brawl's is whoever's hitbox overrides will take "priority" or something like that. Whatever it is, Brawl works differently.
So that means falcons nair will never have good priority again? That SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Don't take my word for it. I'm unsure of what I said but I remember someone mentioning something like that.

Revven

FrankerZ
There is no singular way to define priority, in fact priority means so many things these days it's not even worth really using it as a term to describe one hitbox beating another because it's not a singular value we can control.

The only thing that could be constituted as "priority" in PSA is the difference between whether a hitbox clanks or not otherwise known as laser priority (you all know it as transcendant priority) versus normal priority which is determined through hitbox flags.. Otherwise, it's whichever hitbox comes out first. IIRC, Samus' charge shot has "laser" priority, which allows it to beat everything similarly to Falco's lasers or MK's attacks in Brawl.

So unless you want Sheik's needles to be like lasers... then you know where I'm going with this. :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think etwist wants Falcon with nair laser priority.

As do I.

MK attacks had laser priority? Sakurai is a douche.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Yeah falcon's nair should get laser priority.

And by that I mean his feet should shoot lasers.

jalued

Smash Lord
There is no singular way to define priority, in fact priority means so many things these days it's not even worth really using it as a term to describe one hitbox beating another because it's not a singular value we can control.

The only thing that could be constituted as "priority" in PSA is the difference between whether a hitbox clanks or not otherwise known as laser priority (you all know it as transcendant priority) versus normal priority which is determined through hitbox flags.. Otherwise, it's whichever hitbox comes out first. IIRC, Samus' charge shot has "laser" priority, which allows it to beat everything similarly to Falco's lasers or MK's attacks in Brawl.

So unless you want Sheik's needles to be like lasers... then you know where I'm going with this. :p
is it possible to make every second one laser priority? so one wont be enough, but a slight charge will? (since they are released in a clump)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
errr...Vigilante has your av always had falco's face in it? O_o

And to go back on topic, I think tethers are impossible. I'd rather see some clone engine action going on. :D
Nah the change is recent. In the chat, standardtoaster one told me that my avatar made him think I was a Link main at first, so I changed my avatar as a joke to put Falco.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
is the way priority is determined different between brawl and melee

That should answer your question, Pen_Island.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I thought Sheik's Needles and other projectiles in Melee(Arrow, not sure about the bomb) could beat the Charge Shot because they had a hurtbox attached to them so the Charge Shot hits the needles like it had hit someone, nothing to do with priority.

Since the Needles always had transcendent priority and interacted with other attacks only because of that attached hurtbox.

If the Charge Shot has normal or laser priority it would be stopped by a projectile with a hurtbox regardless of the latter priority.

You can clearly see in the debug mode, the needles's have a hitbox in the center that is orange in color, that being a hitbox and a hurtbox together.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Whether or not you are right, the Charge Shot should definitely not be stopped by needles.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Finally some free time from work been putting in some mad hours. I do have a question though what is going to become of lets say Ivy,ZSS in terms of recovery? Just wondering because I'm curious as well as probably others are.

Also Congrats guys on finding a fix for DI ^_^

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Tethers are much worse than Falco recovery. People underrate Falcos recovery. He isn't Roy or Ness (god damn this recovery's terrible).

But is Ivy good on stage? I know ZSS is but what about Ivy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom