• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So who's babies do I call dibs on? Well done. Now I can pillar poeple all night long.

And to whoever answered me, why are you talking about Smash 64? When I say "iconic", I am thinking of melee and only melee.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
this is one of the things i seriously wanted. Now on to LD, which will be VERY complicated, and melee won't have to touch my disk drive again(when we get all characters of course, my friend keeps b*****n' about the fact that Samus is not in)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
heh, one of mine really only plays luigi in melee, with a bit of peach. in brawl, he played ike.

when we get him to play p:m, he just plays mario like it was luigi. it's sort of funny, but i can't wait til more characters get released so he has one he enjoys : p

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
this is one of the things i seriously wanted. Now on to LD, which will be VERY complicated, and melee won't have to touch my disk drive again(when we get all characters of course, my friend keeps b*****n' about the fact that Samus is not in)
if you live close to a PMBR member, you could play with them. Also, bring your friend with you, that way he could use samus. lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
Magus' ASM skills are to thank.
And many thanks to him indeed.

When you really think about it, it's incredible (literally incredible) how much pm plays like melee. I'd call bs if there weren't any proof lol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I guess these discoveries are what got the demo update postponed, right?

I think it was worth the wait indeed.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Entire PMBR gets fancy, gourmet, Internet cookies for life.
Then cakes for the next great thing they throw at us.

Enjoy

*Starts sporadically throwing cookies everywhere*

EDIT: We should get a petition going so that Dant and Magus can have Smash Wizard for their titles.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Entire PMBR gets fancy, gourmet, Internet cookies for life.
Then cakes for the next great thing they throw at us.

Enjoy

*Starts sporadically throwing cookies everywhere*

EDIT: We should get a petition going so that Dant and Magus can have Smash Wizard for their titles.
Don't jinx us! The cake is a lie~!

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Don't jinx us! The cake is a lie~!
Howz about pies then?

stage tethers seem more impossible to bring back than dynamic landing detection :(
but hey, impossible is nothing with PMBR
Stage tethers would be a great find, but with everyone having shorter tethers now, it's not as great as it once was. It's like getting excited over your mint chocolate chip ice cream to find out they left out the mint. It's still good, but it could be better.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
will Link have his Melee hookshot reach in the update?....plz? :C

and be able to jump out of it?

jalued

Smash Lord
will Link have his Melee hookshot reach in the update?....plz? :C

and be able to jump out of it?
i think the plan with Link is to keep his increased vertical UpB recovery until its possible to find a way to grapple onto walls, then try to adjust the grapple and UpB lengths back to melee style

Ecks

Smash Lord
errr...Vigilante has your av always had falco's face in it? O_o

And to go back on topic, I think tethers are impossible. I'd rather see some clone engine action going on. :D

kaizo13

Smash Champion
No Jalued, they said Link is keeping his new up-b reach

and stage tethers will most likely never happen so why would they wait? his tether needs some love now

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Super hype for precise Melee DI and true CC! I can't wait to here the rest of the updates. The DI change may significantly postpone the patch because of SDI changes to hundreds of hitboxes, but it'll help clean up one of the biggest issues with this project, barring dynamic LD. Fixing that would leave controller-specific things and maybe some other things from having a 99% accurate Melee engine. This is really good stuff guys :D

And excellent work, magus!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
finally Link's grounded Up-b won't feel underpowered anymore! :D

EDIT: i just noticed how easy it is to drop bombs on the floor! Link has been hanging around Snake a little too much

kaizo13

Smash Champion
did i say it was? lol

i said "feel", due to Brawl's DI, but now it's all fixed

hope you understand now

EDIT: and alright Monk, i recall a dev stating that it was quite easy extending it both reach wise and aesthetically, but guess not

Rikana

Smash Champion
You guys are amazing. Major props to Magus. I'm so glad you guys have someone as knowledgeable as Magus on the team. I'm really excited for the patch now.

Edit: since DI has been fixed.. does that mean we have true ledge teching now?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea Rikana i'm pretty sure SDI was on that list of accomplishments :3

hence True CCing!

/Hype

shanus

Smash Hero
Ledgeteching is a separate entity. DI works entirely, the CCing fix was ASDI into the ground being fixed. However, to make ledgeteching work, we would need SDI to be capable of triggering a wallhit, which is something different entirely. Make sense?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Good ****, guys. In before landing detection is revealed to be fixed.

And really, though I miss wall-grappling, what I really, REALLY want is Link's old tether range and the ability to jump out of it back. I can do without wall-grapple as long as the tether at least works the same as in Melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
btw since WD's were polished

was anything done to moonwalking? i just don't like the fact that everybody who plays P:M can moonwalk just as good as Silent Spectre

its too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom