• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I've seen some discussion about DL64 vs DG vs DL64 (FrozenHobo)

Dream Greens is exactly the same size as my DL64, only the lower part is bigger. But collisions fit perfectly, and resizing the base to fit the exact DL64 collisions would be easy to me.

What I mean is, even not resizing the bottom part to fit the collisions, the stage works fine with DL64's collisions, which are included in the file, but not enabled (brawlbox users would easily enable it). An option, in my opinion, would be switching DL64 with Metal Cavern, and Metal Cavern with FoD. This way, we would have DL64 and DG in the same spot, with a button activation and no needs to use Dantarion's ASL. FoD would be over Green Greens (good for music purposes). And Metal Cavern would be over Mario Bros, another good choice in terms of music and stage selection icons.

So, what you think about my proposal?

Revven

FrankerZ
with reverse grabbing during special fall eventually be removed (once you obtain the code)?
Why on earth would you suddenly want no one to grab backwards from special fall? There were quite a few characters who could do it in Melee. It doesn't make any sense to limit it to those characters again and/or get rid of it for everyone. With that said, we're not making it so you can't grab the ledge backwards during special fall.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i think he means removing the massive reverse grab box that still exists with everybody because you guys havent managed to find and edit those
and i think the answer is "yes, it will be shrunk but not removed, except for characters like kirby that dont even have it in brawl"

Revven

FrankerZ
i think he means removing the massive reverse grab box that still exists with everybody because you guys havent managed to find and edit those
and i think the answer is "yes, it will be shrunk but not removed, except for characters like kirby that dont even have it in brawl"
Oh, well he should have worded it that way lol. It'll be shrunk once it's possible to jalued until then you'll have to put up with some of the ginormous reverse grab boxes.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Wouldn't having DL64 over Mushroomy Kingdom mean that the stage wouldn't have any wind?
No, because of the rel files. A Green Greens rel file would make it work. Both of them. And replays would be independent, if I'm not mistaken.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I asked in the IRC a week or two ago why they had Metal Cavern on Mushroomy Kingdom since MK had 2 parts and it seemed pointless. But at the time, there weren't any 2 part stages so they said it didn't matter. But now that this has come up, I see it as a perfect suggestion o_o. It can satisfy both the people who wanted the classic and the newer versions of DL64, and those who don't care can let it decide randomly. And they will be functionally identical so it will be like two skins of the same stage.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
9AM: My laptop OS dies
10AM: I take apart 2 laptops
11AM: My laptop has 120gb more space, and Ubuntu
12PM: Ubuntu+XP
3PM: Ubuntu+XP+7+Absolutely no data loss.
I've seen some discussion about DL64 vs DG vs DL64 (FrozenHobo)

Dream Greens is exactly the same size as my DL64, only the lower part is bigger. But collisions fit perfectly, and resizing the base to fit the exact DL64 collisions would be easy to me.

What I mean is, even not resizing the bottom part to fit the collisions, the stage works fine with DL64's collisions, which are included in the file, but not enabled (brawlbox users would easily enable it). An option, in my opinion, would be switching DL64 with Metal Cavern, and Metal Cavern with FoD. This way, we would have DL64 and DG in the same spot, with a button activation and no needs to use Dantarion's ASL. FoD would be over Green Greens (good for music purposes). And Metal Cavern would be over Mario Bros, another good choice in terms of music and stage selection icons.

So, what you think about my proposal?
these men are geniuses

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
i just showed my cousin some of the vids and gameplay n such and he is mad hyped. he was like, "i was just about to quit smash until i saw this". im hyped too.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it make more sense to use the stage expansion code instead? Replace a custom slot with Dream Greens/DL64. If you're worried about music limitations, use the tracklist replacement code. Then move that slot to the first page, and leave Green Greens in the Melee page. Do the same for all of the other new stages. That way play on default stages isn't restricted.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I agree with M22K's suggestion. It would keep the Melee veterans hyped, while introducing them to an ultimately nicer looking texture of the exact same stage. Makes both parties happy.

leelue

Smash Lord
@ulevo
glad to see you enjoyed my last comment so much.

I have a question. what are the optimal search terms for project m videos? I settled on "project m alpha", since "project m brawl" wasn't doing it well.

Revven

FrankerZ
For those that missed Magus' stream last night they saved the stream: http://www.justin.tv/ryokoyaksa

They have the one from Friday night and the one from last night (set aside some time for these, they're hours long of matches haha). There's some really sick Metaknight play on it so... you may want to see it. Plus most of the matches are really entertaining anyway.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
For those that missed Magus' stream last night they saved the stream: http://www.justin.tv/ryokoyaksa

They have the one from Friday night and the one from last night (set aside some time for these, they're hours long of matches haha). There's some really sick Metaknight play on it so... you may want to see it. Plus most of the matches are really entertaining anyway.
Thank you! I was too busy with seizures to pay attention~

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Potentially dumb request here:

Can you guys please make it so Samus can move while charging her beam? She can do it in her own games, and the fact that she's never been able to do it in a Smash title just irritates me to no end.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I watched a good portion of Ryoko's stream. I have to say that I'm mighty impressed with the entire package, and I'm also impressed with Meta Knight. However, there were some, I should say...comments of frustration about Meta Knights Dimensional Cape.

What does the development team think about this?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Potentially dumb request here:

Can you guys please make it so Samus can move while charging her beam? She can do it in her own games, and the fact that she's never been able to do it in a Smash title just irritates me to no end.
That just doesn't make a lot of sense to the gameplay. No character can move when charging an attack, sadly. :p

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I watched a good portion of Ryoko's stream. I have to say that I'm mighty impressed with the entire package, and I'm also impressed with Meta Knight. However, there were some, I should say...comments of frustration about Meta Knights Dimensional Cape.

What does the development team think about this?
To be more specific, or at least what I got from watching the chat, the people were 'frustrated' by the appearance of his cape looking like a Shine-Type move, which viewers believed would be abused, correct?

-DD

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
To be more specific, or at least what I got from watching the chat, the people were 'frustrated' by the appearance of his cape looking like a Shine-Type move, which viewers believed would be abused, correct?

-DD
Shine you mean by reflector-esque? esp. Fox?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Eh... My concern, and I think the gripe that Ryoko (I think it was Ryoko) had with the move was that it was literally instant, and because of the trajectory the hit box sent, it would be impossible to DI the move on reaction. For a lot of characters, this could present a problem because if they can't DI the move properly, they'll be sent off stage on a rather bad angle and will either be edge guarded by Meta Knight or won't be able to recover at all.

I'm on the fence about the move, but I think where Ryoko had a problem with the move as a combo finisher, I think it might be broken as a stand alone kill move. It's range is huge with it being able to move left or right with an already large hit box, and unlike the scenario in which you're being combo'd in to it, you won't see it coming. At least when you're being uair'd you know to DI up ahead of time. Using it moving forward seems to have range akin to Marth's forward smash, possibly more, while using it in reverse allows it to dodge moves and retaliate. And of course, again, this happens instantly. Possibly frame 1.

Thoughts?

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
No, because of the rel files.
Ah right. I must have thought it wouldn't work because I used a Battlefield .rel when I moved it to another stage. Silly me.

On a related subject, I found a bug in Green Dreams. I noticed that Whispy would blow wind twice, and then throw apples after that. This is fine if you're using the version with apples, but in the one without, he just gets stuck in an infinite loop of attempting to throw apples, failing, and then repeating the process a minute or so later. I would assume it's this same reason why he only blows twice on DL64... you just don't see the graphic for him throwing out apples.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
That just doesn't make a lot of sense to the gameplay. No character can move when charging an attack, sadly. :p
DDD's hammer is a charge, though it can't be held.

Anyways, I was wondering if Samus can change to Zamus and vise-versa still, and if so would it be possible to make the change easier to do. I realize that PM isn't supposed to be easy, but I could barely pull it off just screwing around in vBrawl. I would spend more time taunting than changing. I'm not saying the change should be as easy as Zelda/Sheik, but I don't think it needs to be as difficult as it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom