• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yeah, Meta Knight's uair is what I was referring to. Whoever was playing Meta Knight (Magus I'm assuming) would often juggle with uair and the end it with the Dimensional Cape. What I am saying is that if you're being juggled, you know to hold up to DI the Dimensional Cape so that it doesn't send you off stage at a horrible angle, and you have a chance to recover, as opposed to if Meta Knight just uses it while he's, say, dash dancing, and whips it out.

shanus

Smash Hero
the earliest dimensional cape can hit is on frame 7, and thats with no movement. With movement, it will likely be somewhere between frames 10-16 for any appreciable distance.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ulevo: If you're being U-Air juggled though you'd di left/right to get out of the uairs first <_<

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ulevo: If you're being U-Air juggled though you'd di left/right to get out of the uairs first <_<
Yeah, that was also something I was considering. Although couldn't you DI up and away to attempt to get out of the uairs while taking a preemptive measure against the DC? I couldn't be sure without actually playing to try this, so I'm not sure. That's the thought process, anyway.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MK's Aerial control would allow him to catch up unless you used closer to sideways DI in most situations.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have never heard of trying to DI a vertical move straight up. Seems like that would make it easier for someone to follow you, and easier for you to die.

Xyless

Smash Master
So have you guys figured out a way around Diddy's horrible situation with his barrels gimping himself touching the edge? I really don't wanna rage at being the only character (well, along with Lucas and Ness, anyways) to be punished by the ledge itself, unrelated to the opponent.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
i havent reason for live now :c
Used Wii + Used copy of Brawl (To not give money to Nintendo for this horror) is very inexpensive. If you're not ready to spend this much for this game, then purify yourself at some random shinto shrine.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yeah, I have never heard of trying to DI a vertical move straight up. Seems like that would make it easier for someone to follow you, and easier for you to die.
I wasn't implying you would DI up for the purpose of DIing the uair; that obviously doesn't do anything. You can't DI the same direction your trajectory is sending you, since it doesn't do anything. I just meant that you would DI up ahead of time before the opponent uses Dimension Cape, so that when he does use it, you don't get thrown off stage at a bad angle.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Used Wii + Used copy of Brawl (To not give money to Nintendo for this horror) is very inexpensive. If you're not ready to spend this much for this game, then purify yourself at some random shinto shrine.
True that.

Just realized something. P:M looks like it has few representatives in the North east, such as NY and MA

Darkspirit1288

Smash Rookie
regarding the development version of the game. which is the actual version of the game that will be released to us or is the development version that is posted on the site the version post demo version?

Darkspirit1288

Smash Rookie
sorry lol, alright. the project M site keeps changing the development version of the game. so my question is... is the version thats going to be released already established and your just working past that version already or are you still working on getting the public demo version?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Neither.
We are working on Project M as usual.
When the demo is released, it will be pretty up to date, although the way things are going recently, it wont be up to date for long.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, any character that is NOT in the demo, will not be available. There will be a custom CSS for the 14 selectable demo characters.

EDIT: ninja'd. falcoooo

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Lame. I know the other characters are unfinished (even untouched), but I still think they should be available just to mess around with. Just make it clear that they are untouched. Highlight the 14 characters and add a disclaimer about the others or something.

But I understand if you really don't want them available, I guess. There will always be some idiots who don't understand that they are not finished products. Granted, neither are the 14 available characters, but you get what I mean.

Revven

FrankerZ
Realize that even if we left those characters on the CSS that we wouldn't even give you guys the .pacs, they would be in their vBrawl forms... aka really untouched. Which obviously we do not want to give people the wrong impression at all.

As it is, there are plenty of people out there who already hold a lot of prejudice to this mod just because of Brawl+ and other mods like it. They don't want to give it a chance because of how they disliked the other mods... so they think it already fails because the other ones do as well (obviously, to them).

G

genkaku

I was watching some vids on the castevania stage. I think that it could be much much more dynamic if the base of the stage was shrunk by perhaps 40- 50%. The platforms (and their changes) would find a lot more use on the whole.
As it is, it acts like melee FD and that long SSE.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
MISSION COMPLETE!

So ZSS lookin pretty hawt right now, minus the tether recovery. Has anyone thought og an idea for that?
I dunno, from the stream last night it looked like her main problem is that she has a ridiculously difficult time killing. Her aerials could probably use a bit higher kbg.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I havent the money right now

the university eat a lot of money, so i cant brought many things :urg:

_But i am saving money for the N3DS :awesome:
Just sell your old books on ebay, or innocent freshmen.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yes, any character that is NOT in the demo, will not be available. There will be a custom CSS for the 14 selectable demo characters.

EDIT: ninja'd. falcoooo
And Shiek's transformation does nothing then?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mario and Lucas don't have pages either... yet. They're in the Demo, hoewver.

Lame. I know the other characters are unfinished (even untouched), but I still think they should be available just to mess around with. Just make it clear that they are untouched. Highlight the 14 characters and add a disclaimer about the others or something.

But I understand if you really don't want them available, I guess. There will always be some idiots who don't understand that they are not finished products. Granted, neither are the 14 available characters, but you get what I mean.
No one complained at E For All.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Xinc don't triple post, just use the edit button XD

Man dat last mk footage was beyond awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom