• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What makes Chu a good player is he doesn't just memorize comboes. He plays with your mind. I don,t know if you notices, but he doesn't press buttons quickly. He hits them at the right time, and decicively. In a sense, you could say his movements are flowing rather than speedy and violent.

I kind of play like that, so I know what he does (although I haven,t tried project M and it would differ form melee). He lets poeple play into his hands. He lets the other player create the opportunity instead of trying to create them himself.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Chu doesnt just read minds. Give him enough time, and he would probably find out how the earth was formed by the time he finished combing you.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's true. Playing Chu is so mentally exhausting. I had to play him in 3 freakin sets on Friday and I was completely fried by the end.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
welcome to high-level Melee. try playing Mango, M2K, or Darkrain for a few hrs at a time. <_<

ss118

Smash Master
People should just DI the farthest distance away from Kirby and tech the d-throw as far away as possible.

Unless you actually increased his running speed or decreased the lag at the end of his d-throw, he can't do anything. I'm not sure if it's programmed, but you should also have the option to attack / roll out of a jab(or laser) reset. No one I saw did that at all.

If Chu can "read minds" like people are saying, I don't see why they were directly challenging him every time...

I dunno, the game was impressive but the people playing it... not so much.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The endlag on d-throw was decreased. He can catch you tech rolling away with a regrab.

This isn't melee d-throw <_<.

Also, jab reset options are move specific. Weaker jabs force "optionless" jab resets. Notice that Hbox jab resets in melee and nobody ever rolls or attacks. It's because they CAN'T. On the other hand, Marth's jab reset is always an "option" jab reset.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
He's not really reading mnds, rather, he's good at detecting patterns and calculating probabilities. He probably isn't even conscious he's doing it himself.

See, he wiped the floor with individuals who used repetitive tactics, but his matches against more varied opponents were much longer. He also put his characters in positions (in terms of area) that makes him more likely to succeed in connecting his attacks.

Really, to fight this guy, you have to be able to vary. At one point, you must realize "He's on to me, time to change pace". Like a lot of Falco players didn't want to stop short-hop-lasering even when it became fairly futile.

ss118

Smash Master
Also, jab reset options are move specific. Weaker jabs force "optionless" jab resets. Notice that Hbox jab resets in melee and nobody ever rolls or attacks. It's because they CAN'T. On the other hand, Marth's jab reset is always an "option" jab reset.
Edit: I could of sworn I have tech a jiggs tap a reset before. And it was hbox. =V

I was catch by a dash attack since I rolled behind him, but shut up!

G

genkaku

Edit: I could of sworn I have tech a jiggs tap a reset before. And it was hbox. =V

I was catch by a dash attack since I rolled behind him, but shut up!
If I remember correctly you can roll out of it after 100%.

Also, regarding (@.@), I was mixing my metaphors. I'm not that pokemon illiterate.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
During my winter break, I'll start translating what we know about Project M. I'd like to get the French Canadian players to play and I know Europeans who would kill for this mod, XD. They'll proably do their own.

And I got a friend who could be Melee tournament-quality if if he would start defending more, XD. He will spaz when he sees these feed.

D

Deleted member

I'm interested in applying as a coder, but I'm not able to make a new thread on smashmods to put in the application. Are you not taking coders anymore?

D

Deleted member

So if I don't have experience with ASM I shouldn't bother?

Edit: btw, I do have programing experience, but not with this.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
If you don't have any ASM coding experience and have a USB Gecko, then we don't need your help at this time.
I'm sure most of us do ASM coding in our sleep..
Then we wake up.

But srsly i wish i could do this stuff ;_; I'd solve landing detection!.. except.. probably not..

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, for example, there is a hack to make Sonic into Shadow. All I am wondering id if I install one of these hacks, if this is going to make me only able to select "Shadow" instead of Sonic for example.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
So what are some of the major changes that have been done to this game within the past 5 or so months? is there a working clone engine yet? lol

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm so salty I put my SD card in my back pocket yesterday, and when I was going to whip out the new project M at a party for everyone to play, It was destroyed lol, I sat on it.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm so salty I put my SD card in my back pocket yesterday, and when I was going to whip out the new project M at a party for everyone to play, It was destroyed lol, I sat on it.
And this is why I never place anything in my back pocket.

What's even wrong with the side pockets, honestly.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
It would be cool to bring back the Barrel Cannon, Flipper, Parasol, Red Shell, and Cloaking Device. Probably impossible, but still...

And its not like anyone is actually gonna use items with project m. it would defeat the purpose

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So what are some of the major changes that have been done to this game within the past 5 or so months? is there a working clone engine yet? lol
Meteor cancelling and the window was fixed, we have perfect Melee attributes, and more recently, throws were fixed.

There was more done since May, but I can't remember.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Meteor cancelling and the window was fixed, we have perfect Melee attributes, and more recently, throws were fixed.

There was more done since May, but I can't remember.
I was gonna ask about throws, because I remember someone recently saying there was something wrong with them, but I forgot what.

So whatever it was that was wrong with throws just got fixed?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Wario is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters......he's as entertaining to watch as Melee falcon or fox/falco now

Great footage JC and Boss.....the flow of gameplay looks alot more smoother in these recent videos

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It would be cool to bring back the Barrel Cannon, Flipper, Parasol, Red Shell, and Cloaking Device. Probably impossible, but still...

And its not like anyone is actually gonna use items with project m. it would defeat the purpose
I actually really like this.

I know it isn't the point of the project, but if you guys could try and make items more competitive and bring back some Melee ones, that'd be really sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom