• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yep. They are also the *****es of franchises like Call of Duty and Halo and will post inflated ratings for those games and others as well for better or worse.

They largely ignore Nintendo, shamelessly promote hyper masculine games to the point where they meat ride them, and are sponsored and run by corporate marketing officers.

They're just biased and ignorant for the sake of the casual audience.

Now, lets get back on topic.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We all know what kind of game will win the VGA: Generic FPS #902334.

They don't go by quality but popular vote, and only a target population of video gamers vote in that contest. It's like expected a fighting game or plateformer to win the Gametrailers game of the year award. Possible, but very unlikely.

Anyways, the Shadow skin is an interesting addition. I always thought that Smash bros. should allow for unlockable costumes (E.g. Dr. Mario for Mario). I don't play Sonic, but I think Smash producers should really take a look at this mod and try it. They could get good ideas from it.

If anything, I see the game still has bugs, but to a much lesser extent than Brawl+. Furthermore, sinc eit is still in development, we can expect even further improvement. I would imagine a much less buggy experience, which is refreshing for a hack. Sure, they are taking time, but the results show it hasn't been for naught.

Here's my impressions from the videos thus far. This is no critique, just what I think I saw.

Kirby: Very strong if used well as it can be observed from Chu's play-style. The speed really gave him an edge.

Mario: On the average side, as per usual. Rarely won matchups.

Game & Watch: He felt like a strong matchup, which wasn't necessarily the case in Melee. I'm not complaining. I like the fact that more characters seem tournament-able. I can say he is weaker than say... Falco who is not exactly the best but a popular and solid fighter, but he can hold his own against him.

Link: Actually, I think he's better here than in Brawl. I think he's on the weaker side, but he was still enough to be a challenge. I think the Boomerang covering more area changes his play style, making Link more dependent on projectiles (They seem more useful). This is not so bad however, since he still looks fun to play.

Captain Falcon: he got much improved. He doesn,t seem to be the strongest, yet at the same time, in most matchups I've seen, the players using him blundered and got suicide deaths. I'm not sure I can judge the strenght of the character accurately through these matchups. Still, he has a better aerial game, but I can see he doesn't throw-combo as well as in melee, and his air game seems a bit harder to pull off. This may also be just because the players are not used to project M, however.

Fox: He seems better than in Brawl, not as good as in Melee. I may not be right, but I don't think he can combo as well. Still, he seems to be able to match up decently against Falco who seems like a good basis of comparison for a non-overpowered, but good character.

Ness: I feel he is on the weaker side. he's been played well, and I could see decent mindgames form the player's part, but was still defeated despite ingenious gameplay. he is not overly weak though, since I seen some good moves.

Jiggs: He seems pretty tough. I saw him **** the floor with decent characters. Players didn't seem to use sleep comboes.

Wario: Seems on the weaker side.

Shiek: I haven't seen much of Shiek. She didn't seem as amazing as melee. Still seems more fun to play than in Brawl by a longshot.

Marth: Stronger, but not as good as in Melee. I think part of it is his reduced range. But changing the sprite would probably look strange.

Peach: She seems like a beast. probably high tier.

Game & Watch: I don't know if it was just skillful gameplay, but he seemed strong in comparison to Melee. I find it refreshing though considering that in Melee, he wasn,t exactly the toughest opponent.

Squirtle: The speed really improved him. He actually seems fun enough to play now. Definitely a good character.

Charizard actually also seem like a high-damage-input character. He also seems very powerful.

ZSS: Hard time setting up good comboes, it seems.

Sonic: Seemed fairly weak at first but Bionc and TH played him well, so this convinced me that he wasn't as bad as I first thought. he is definitely better than is Brawl counterpart. He might actually even be one of the stronger character. He seems like you need to approach him very differently than other characters because of all of his dashes.

Ice Climbers: they actually seems very strong. Chu and another guy really dealt lots of damage in short times. They seems like they would be greatly suited for team battles.

Wolf: Doesn't seem bad, but not extraordinary either. He looks average.

Luigi: Seems a little stronger than average, but not by a lot. I can see him being impressive under a lot of practice.

DK: Definitely good for slow character. He was unbearingly slow in Brawl, but now he can combo effectively with short jumps and wavedash. Probably more on the moderately good end.

R.O.B.: I hate him, but he's a beast. Seriously, I would be on my guard fighting him.

Toon Link: doesn't seem as tough, but I think it' smore of a result on character becoming stronger than him being nerfed.

Metaknight: i haven,t seen a lot of matchups with him. He seemed okay, but not excellent.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Everyone's pretty much hit the nail of the head with the VGA's. I started watching just because I never had before for whatever reason. It pretty much was exactly what I expected- a corporate bribe-fest to promote FPS to Spike's target audience, 20 something frat boys with IQ's around room temperature. Although IGN is okay when it isn't being bribed by Activision or Microsoft.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yep. They are also the *****es of franchises like Call of Duty and Halo and will post inflated ratings for those games and others as well for better or worse.

They largely ignore Nintendo, shamelessly promote hyper masculine games to the point where they meat ride them, and are sponsored and run by corporate marketing officers.

They're just biased and ignorant for the sake of the casual audience.

Now, lets get back on topic.
Guys, I guarantee you GotY will go to a deserving game. Red Dead Redemption will win, and it is bar none, the best game of 2010.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Ok guys so here is the situation. Unfortunately we could only rangle up ~2 teams for P:M. This is due to a combination of people who had advanced into the main Brawl tourney's bracket not wanting to mess with their Brawl game (which was for money, so even though it's lol Brawl, I understand), and the people who got knocked out of Brawl pools leaving. Needless to say, P:M teams didn't happen.

Boss did show up this time however and got to spend some quality time with P:M. I'm pretty sure some of his matches were saved to either my Wii or JCaesar's Wii.

Anyway, the tournament was super fun, around a 32 person turnout for singles with some very skillful players like Chu, Meep, and Atomsk. Not bad for a day's work. Loved commentating though I regret the lull near the end where we broke into Pokemon talk since Waffle and Bandit couldn't keep their focus, would gladly do it again for another tourney...maybe even Pound V?

Big <3s to everyone who tuned into the stream Friday.

Zef

Smash Ace
Alright so, I found the leak 5ive was posting around, and I found why people are saying it's 'really alpha'.

He left out the codes folder, so all there is was private w/ all the contents. Derp

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
alright so, i found the leak 5ive was posting around, and i found why people are saying it's 'really alpha'.

He left out the codes folder, so all there is was private w/ all the contents. Derp
LOL
10lols

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No DKCR? I like it though it is notably harder than DKC2, which was the hardest of the 3 SNES games.

What the heck does UnknownT do?

7 floats...

The 7th float looks like the size, and the first 6 MIGHT be XYZ offsets and rotations.
Changing them didn't seem to have a noticeable change....

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/549991

And DKCR can be modded to play witht he classic controller now :)
Tell me where please now for the love of God lol

GPDP

Smash Ace
Makes you wonder if a similar code could be made to use the nunchuk in Other M.

Shame there's no code to fix the horrible story, though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't mind the story. What else do you expect other than getting his Bananas back?

At least it's not like the Tom and Jerry movie.

Get the GC controller working and we have a winner as I do not have a classic controller.
Stupid Patent trolls.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sonic: Seemed fairly weak at first but Bionc and TH played him well, so this convinced me that he wasn't as bad as I first thought. he is definitely better than is Brawl counterpart. He might actually even be one of the stronger character. He seems like you need to approach him very differently than other characters because of all of his dashes.
TH is a ****ing monster with P:M Sonic Shadow.

But Shadow still sucks irregardless. :awesome:

:stupidfox:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Tell me where please now for the love of God lol
Here you go, my friend. It's a very long code, but you have to realize they had to remap every button. You will need Gecko to run these codes. I haven't tested it yet since I'm not buying DKCR until I'm done my semester, but I hear everywhere that it works.

http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1037

Mind giving me your feedback?

And Bionic, you weren't so bad yourself. I'm a melee Falco player, but I can appreciate how difficult it would be to play Sonic at a Melee speed.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Here you go, my friend. It's a very long code, but you have to realize they had to remap every button. You will need Gecko to run these codes. I haven't tested it yet since I'm not buying DKCR until I'm done my semester, but I hear everywhere that it works.

http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1037

Mind giving me your feedback?

And Bionic, you weren't so bad yourself. I'm a melee Falco player, but I can appreciate how difficult it would be to play Sonic at a Melee speed.
Thanks! I won't be able to test it out until tomorrow but if you mean feedback for the game, it's great, better than DKC1 and 3 but 2 is still my favorite lol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I meant mostly about the hack, but thank you :). Probably through private message to avoid us getting too off topic. And glad I could help!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
And DKCR can be modded to play witht he classic controller now :)
Trufax, I wouldn't have even bought the game if this code didn't exist. It's a travesty that Nintendo would intentionally force garbage motion controls down our throats on an otherwise excellent game. Do they realize that no one older than 8 wants those controls?

What's happing in the next 2 weeks?
Super fun time :reverse:

Here are the results from the Project M tourney Friday night if any of you care:
1: ChuDat :kirby2::popo:
2: JCaesar :rob::peach::gw::mario2:
3: Atomsk :falco:
4: GIMR :gw:
5: K9 :fox:
5: Meep :falco:
7: Aposl :squirtle:
7: Thunderhorse :falco::sonic::charizard:
9: Pink Fresh
9: Vist (left early)
9: SSR
9: Bandit
13: Allied
13: Seagull
13: Snakeee
13: Bionic
17: Light
17: Waffle
17: P5
17: P~S
17: SlashTalon
17: Izumi
17: RSe
17: EE
25: Brandon
25: SnakAttack
25: Takeover
25: Quinn
25: Coney
25: D0N

I'll get the vids up later this week hopefully.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I dreamed I was given access to Project M as congratulations for me graduating from college.

**** dreams

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
For some reason, my mind's bubbling with Melee fox and Melee Falcon fighting on this version of Battlefield

With the Stars of Orion by Celldweller being the background music. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom