• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Its crazy how far this project has gone.. it looks better and better with every change yall do.. im completely oblivious to what the final build would be like.. its crazy.. im sitting here playin melee, preparing for pound wondering.. i wonder if i could still do this in Project M?.. or how does it feel to wavedash with squirtle or something.. im pretty excited..

PCHU

Smash Lord
From what several people I've played with tell me, it is currently much easier.

One player sat there multishining for a good 30 seconds or so with Falco. He said the most he ever got in melee was like, 13 in a row.
You do know it's way easier with Falco than Fox, right?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

One player sat there multishining for a good 30 seconds or so with Falco. He said the most he ever got in melee was like, 13 in a row.

Everything is subject to change though, so as we get closer to the goal I'm sure it'll get more melee-like again.
-DD
that is one technical thing..... and Falco's shine has not been fixed in that regard yet..........

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman

Everything is subject to change though, so as we get closer to the goal I'm sure it'll get more melee-like again.
-DD
Hmm, that's far from okay. :laugh:

I trust you guys on getting that fixed, though.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I really don't think a buffer and more easily performed techs is a bad thing. It just means that you do what you intend to do more frequently. Advanced techniques become more incorporated into gameplay and this places more emphasis on outsmarting your opponent rather than focusing on performing techs perfectly.

Certain things were done in Brawl that reduced the quality of gameplay. The buffer isn't one of them.
imo

Xyless

Smash Master
Adding buffer makes it far harder to be technical, especially on frame-specific situations and a airdodge that is rather unforgiving.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It absolutely makes sense. In VBrawl, have you ever Nair'd off the stage accidentally because you were trying to shieldgrab but got pushed off the stage? Welcome to buffer.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Seriously Pertaining to link. I thought the arrows were just fine and everything looks great. At most I used the arrows to gimp people off the stage, stop needles, lazers, and charge blast, create distance, and bring back team mates.

I hope finding landing detection will be soon for you guys, this project is getting to good :)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I think Grimer should be a character.

His moves should be:
B: Mud-Slap
>B: Poison Gas
^B: Mud Bomb/Sludge Bomb
vB: Stench

No arguments.
Naw man, lrn2Smeargle.
That'd be so much **** ;)

@__@

Something relevant: As for Din's Fire, could you make it auto explode if you run it into the floor/platform/wall? then you could mix up the air C4 thing and a regular explosion. Admittedly, it wouldn't be much use for edgeguarding but it'd be cool for mixups.

Of course, it seems plenty good already. Just a thought i had.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
This is a bit random but could you restore Kirby's goofy nair animation?

His current animation definitely looks more like his 64 incarnation but the goofy one just looks better on kirby in brawl graphics and it looks like it has a larger range making it superior. lol

Revven

FrankerZ
The range hasn't changed on it, it's still the same size as before, only the animation has changed.

And no we're not changing it back after Muba did a wonderful job on the current one.

And CR4SH, the mod isn't out yet and won't be for some time. You cannot play it unless there is someone that lives near you and is in the PMBR.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
The range hasn't changed on it, it's still the same size as before, only the animation has changed.

And no we're not changing it back after Muba did a wonderful job on the current one.

And CR4SH, the mod isn't out yet and won't be for some time. You cannot play it unless there is someone that lives near you and is in the PMBR.
I think you should change the title back to no set release date, lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think for the hell of it we might as well continue with the first year tier prediction. Maybe the closest or the correct guess gets a prize? This is all years to come though....idk. Not much else to do anymore. I mean I missed a stream and I could care less lol...times have changed.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Oh please, we're not discussing tiers. -___-

I really don't think a buffer and more easily performed techs is a bad thing. It just means that you do what you intend to do more frequently. Advanced techniques become more incorporated into gameplay and this places more emphasis on outsmarting your opponent rather than focusing on performing techs perfectly.

Certain things were done in Brawl that reduced the quality of gameplay. The buffer isn't one of them.
imo
Oh hey, I'm just going to jump into someone's shield and as a shield pressure game, multishine the **** out of it half the time because it's much easier to do.

If you can't perform tech skill, then practice it and get better.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Here's my idea of the tier list then:

Top tier: Everyone

That is all
imo the tiers should be: Top - High - Mid
Low tier shouldn't exist and especially not bottom tier. I don't think everyone should be Top though tbh. Just my opinion.

but uh.. i can't say i've seen enough top level play from any revamped/buffed characters to make an accurate prediction of a tier list <_<

But i do have a prediction... Fox will be in this game along with Final Destination and a "no items" option.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Low tier shouldn't exist and especially not bottom tier. I don't think everyone should be Top though tbh. Just my opinion.
It's called a bad joke.

but uh.. i can't say i've seen enough top level play from any revamped/buffed characters to make an accurate prediction of a tier list <_<
Tiers are based on tournament play and placement.

But i do have a prediction... Fox will be in this game along with Final Destination and a "no items" option.
:glare:

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It's called a bad joke.

Tiers are based on tournament play and placement.

:glare:

I know <_< I was just saying.
--
...I haven't seen any tournaments then.. and what happens in a tournement? Top/High level play. Haven't seen enough of it to make a prediction. But i'll fix it.

i can't say i've seen enough tournement level play from any revamped/buffed characters to make an accurate prediction of tournament placement.

:D

--
haha :)

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I'm just letting you know, there are no tournaments and there hasn't been any yet.

This is why we shouldn't talk tiers, it's pointless.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well...that's technically impossible.

SOMEBODY has to be the worst character in the game, and everyone grouped there would be "low tier"

But that's just semantics. Low tier characters can still be "viable"

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I'm just letting you know, there are no tournaments and there hasn't been any yet.

This is why we shouldn't talk tiers, it's pointless.
Did i start the conversation? Just forget it. :)
Well...that's technically impossible.

SOMEBODY has to be the worst character in the game, and everyone grouped there would be "low tier"

But that's just semantics. Low tier characters can still be "viable"
Well.. What i meant was like.. Melee's Mid tier should be the worst any character should get. high tier = on par with Melee's High tiers - Top tiers = on par with Fox/Falco/Jiggz and mid tier = Ganon/Doc/etc.

Characters shouldn't go below Doc/Ganon is what i failed to say.

Obviously you couldn't actually have a list like
High
Mid

Bcuz then.. High would be mid and mid would be low @_@
But.. uh.. ya sorry if that didn't make sense. I'll work on phrasing stuff like that better.
-silence-

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
(I'm a Falco main with Fox, Falcon and Jiggs as secondaries, and Marth if I'm desperate)

What I've seen so far:

ZSS sorta like a mix between Sheik + Samus? Pretty ****
Falcon = Solid like usual
MK = Even being nerfed, still pretty **** (close to Jiggs?)
Zelda = With Din's mines and even more ridiculous toe tipper aerials, very ****
Jiggs = With the Brawl newcomers being converted, still decent but not as good compared to the rest (overlapping strong points with other chars)
Falco = Lots of semi-floaty newcomers, still only Fox and Falcon that he can waveshine pillar; harder to combo the Brawl chars, still decent but not as fit against the cast as in Melee
Ganon = Solid
Peach = Solid
Fox = Looks slighty slower on the eyes? Maybe LD, still decent I guess
Sheik = Seems slightly weaker, but it's still Sheik
Marth = Dunno
Ike = A Ganon aerial game with more range? Pretty ****
The rest = dunno

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well.. What i meant was like.. Melee's Mid tier should be the worst any character should get.
That's pretty much the best that can be hoped for.

We could break them off into groups of 3

1.decent
2.good
3.excellent

Thats of course for when the game is done. Tournament results are what decide tiers but If you wanna talk about a Viability prediction that's completely different.

In Melee Characters like Pikachu, Luigi, DK, and Mewtwo have all made it to Finals of respectable tournaments even though they're rated as low. Although most of the reasons being extremely bad match-ups with 1 or more top tier characters and not having good stages or having really terrible ability to play on some CP's. If that is eliminated in this project during the balancing phase to the point when each match-up is in the bounds of 60-40 then Every character should have a fair shot depending on brackets and such. DS is right. SOMEONE has to be the best and SOMEONE has to be the worse. However EVERYONE should be viable in the end.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
TL shall finally be top tier.
And why should I believe you?

Additionally, this discussion on tiers is pointless and yields nothing constructive. Continue however you wish (so long as it's about Project M) but if something interesting is said and not heard amongst the pointless discussion, it will be the fault of those of you who continue the discussion.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Just something random I noticed from watching last night's stream. What is up with the loud noises Samus makes whenever she does anything, especially airdodge? Its kinda grating on the ears when she wavedashes. I don't remember her being that loud in Melee. In fact, what was the purpose of bringing back the sounds characters made whenever they airdodged, especially since the return of wavedashing means that you would hear it over and over and over?

Otherwise it is looking good. Great work guys.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There is a hex packet of Melee Link's sound effects set up for the .brsar on Brawl Vault, but you're going to need Riivolution to use them because the current FPC doesn't support sound effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom