• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I don't normally come to Smashboards to post anything but I have been watching the old videos and current streams and I have to say... I... I think I'm in lesbians with this mod.

Keep up the great work guys.
Might want to edit that post, unless you meant to say that, in which case I don't follow you.

Global-Trance

Smash Rookie
Might want to edit that post, unless you meant to say that, in which case I don't follow you.
It's intentional. Reference to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (at least the movie which is a love letter to video games)

(If you have not seen it, Scott Pilgrim mixes up the word love with lesbians.)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
As somebody who just hit level 70 and now has to find the money for Wrath of the Lich King to keep feeding his addiction...
Don't play WoW Dant D:
I can't count the number of all nighters I have pulled grinding through random BG's to grind out another level. It's just... bad.

**** WoW... it shouldn't be so fun T_T

D

Deleted member

That money would probably be better spent buying leather whips to chastise yourself for naughty thoughts about playing World of Warcraft.

In the long run, you'd actually save money and develop self discipline as well.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
It's intentional. Reference to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (at least the movie which is a love letter to video games)

(If you have not seen it, Scott Pilgrim mixes up the word love with lesbians.)
Oh really, sorry I didn't think it was intentional lol, and no I haven't seen that movie yet...I really need to though...

JOE!

Smash Hero
You really should just watch some videos... like seriously, a lot of your questions can be answered just by watching JCaesar's videos or even others...

and Marf: We're not "nerfing" anyone right now, I don't even know why you brought it up.
ok, watched vids, and it seems a good amount of chars got kinda changed to just their melee states (+ some)...

For example, is it just me or did you nerf bowser's range on his claw attacks? And if the koopa hop still performable?

Yoshi's eggs can go anywhere again, which is cool, but they seem a tad slower....might just be me though

Link has the old boomerang and the wicked rapid jab again, but I kinda liked the shenanigans he could do with the gale boomerang, what lead to getting rid of it?

(oh and power Spin attack is good)

other than that, im liking the kind of "stat up" moves that have been sprinkled here and there...

but yeah, is there any place to view actual changes done to characters? The "dojo" has no data on the character pages, and the "forum" links to the Brawl- forums.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
thats because we only write dojo entries when the character is "complete." the forum where everyone usually discusses PM is here on SWF. Smashmods isn't centralized around PM because its not technically out yet lol, so thats why there is a lack of info. that and the game changes every day. it would be annoying to have to update that constantly. most peoples knowledge of characters comes from the videos and streams... or developing the game lol

Luxor

Smash Champion
I wanna see moar dojo, since I'm too lazy busy to watch the streams.

I'm curious: are there any specific plans the devs have for ZSS despite her filesize limit? She at least needs (IMO)
  • a shorter short hop
  • Jab3 shouldn't be blockable/ Jab2 should true combo into Jab3 barring SDI, with higher hitstun it probably already does
  • Grab needs to suck... less, or she needs godly shield pressure
  • SH Double Uair like in Brawl would be cool
  • Stunning Nair would be cool, give it a use- slower than vBrawl but with stun could be cool
  • Dtilt sped up for more shield pressure
  • Ftilt more like Sheik's
  • a usable Dair
  • Fsmash... do anything, please, make it stun or something lol
  • Non-tether UpB recovery
  • longer ranged Paralyzer

BigIVIO

Smash Rookie
I would really appreciate being considered for beta testing of project m. My friends and I are huge melee fans and even attempted to create legit montages for it, but it never caught on and we never gained any publicity. If you would like to view the montage we created for it, it's located here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlf03UyUG7Q

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
ZSS is under some rough development, I like some of the suggestions, other than jab3 being unblockable >____>

and bigivio we aren't accepting new applicants right now. sorry

JOE!

Smash Hero
but yeah, its been 6 (+?) months, why is there no data on the "general" changes made to chars that likley wont be changing much?

for example, Melee top tiers simply being re-melee-fied, Bowser's Heavy Armor on some moves, Lucario's new aura, etc?

Also, why does wolf have Fox's idle animation now?

shanus

Smash Hero
I wanna see moar dojo, since I'm too lazy busy to watch the streams.

I'm curious: are there any specific plans the devs have for ZSS despite her filesize limit? She at least needs (IMO)
  • a shorter short hop
  • Jab3 shouldn't be blockable/ Jab2 should true combo into Jab3 barring SDI, with higher hitstun it probably already does
  • Grab needs to suck... less, or she needs godly shield pressure
  • SH Double Uair like in Brawl would be cool
  • Stunning Nair would be cool, give it a use- slower than vBrawl but with stun could be cool
  • Dtilt sped up for more shield pressure
  • Ftilt more like Sheik's
  • a usable Dair
  • Fsmash... do anything, please, make it stun or something lol
  • Non-tether UpB recovery
  • longer ranged Paralyzer
We are not confounded by her file size limits due to character pac injections (just like fighter.pac injections).

shanus

Smash Hero
Excellent. I'm looking forward to how you're going to make another pixie that's not just a Sheik clone.

FFer or floaty?
Nothing ironed out yet, but aiming for more FFer oriented, and more play with her stunners

JOE!

Smash Hero
He doesn't...
from the vids I've seen, he is in his normal animation at the start of a stock, but once he does something, he will then go to Fox's stance whenever he's not moving/attacking

and @ above:

was is better than Brawl utilt/more benificial? Because a huge-*** hitbox like that certainly is somethign i think Peach mains find welcome when they want it

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I was just wondering if they wanted to give her peach's melee up tilt. Not like I wanted Peach:M to have it. :p

JOE!, load up vBrawl, choose wolf, stand there and look at the wait animations. They should not look at all like fox's wait animations and I don't think that Wolf:M has any of fox's wait animations.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i play wolf alot in vBrawl, I know his wait animation (hunched over, etc)

in vids i constantly see him in the martial-arts like horse-stance Fox is in, head forward but body facing (away from) camera, and straight up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshrwqQ2Zbk

on further inspection it seems it happens after his walk, he strikes the same **** pose fox does.

But anywho, this leads back to an earlier thing: how many animations are being changed just to match melee?

I know Falco's changes had more than just aesthetic stuff, but why Ganon (outside of usmash cus it hits earlier now...and twice), and bowser lost range?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Bowser got his melee koopa klaw back, so he can no longer klaw hop. However, he can still throw with the klaw like in melee. Some characters get new moves because some of their brawl moves don't fit in a melee environment. Also, that ganon upsmash is his upsmash from melee.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
What I'm not getting here is that while Brawl did have its flaws, it did do some things right. Bowser's forward-b was a massive improvement over the relatively useless claw grab in Melee. Changing Link's boomerang back also seems completely pointless, because that actually removes character depth and tech capability just to open up the occasional boomerang return combo. I know that you guys intend to improve the game with your changes, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, but there still seems to be some things that are being reverted back to the way they were in Melee not because it was better then, but just because that was the way it was in Melee.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Some things work better in a melee environment because they are melee things and not brawl. That is most likely why some things like link's boomerang and bowser's koopa klaw.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I disagree with Bowser's koopa claw being useless in melee
there are like a ton of B moves more useless than bowser claw, and imo, bowser claw was under-used.

However, I kinda get what you are saying, and I think they could reduce the amount of end lag AFTER using it (perhaps, but that is some balancing issues I guess)

also, the boomerang was not reverted to melee, it was moreso reverted to 64 (from the looks of things)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
N64 Boomerang has far better usage than Gale Boomerang, personally. It sets up very nicely for any of Link's great aerials.

shanus

Smash Hero
Calling bowsers sideB useless in melee is just being incredibly uninformed. Go watch vids of gimpy, warriorknight, or DJnintendo. Realize the change to the sideB has been a large BUFF to bowser from brawl. It's power is also stronger and has better set-ups. Bowser is not meant to be a speed character, and just shortening endlags is not always the solution.

Links boomerang has been significantly buffed from brawl so I don't get the complaint.

Trust us here.

We edit a LOT of animations, many of which aren't to match melee, but to also just improve movement flow or better position hitboxes.

Revven

FrankerZ
i play wolf alot in vBrawl, I know his wait animation (hunched over, etc)

in vids i constantly see him in the martial-arts like horse-stance Fox is in, head forward but body facing (away from) camera, and straight up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshrwqQ2Zbk

on further inspection it seems it happens after his walk, he strikes the same **** pose fox does.
It hasn't changed, you're just seeing things. Changing wait animations would be a PIA and I'm on the team so I know what was changed and that was not one of the things that was changed for Wolf.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
possible usless b-move upgrades:
make yoshi's neutral a longer tongue, make person stay in egg longer, or make it an air grab.

link's arrows should charge faster

ness's should....hmmm:
-ok roll with me on this,but it could be a charge like DK, when fully charged, PSI attacks come out faster(or do more damage, which ever is fairer) and pressing neutral again would release it kinda like DK's punch, but it would be PK flash instead(its damage would be the same as if you were to use flash in brawl but would be...around you, instead of trying to use it for range)...something like that...

luigi's neutral should travel much farther and come out faster

olimar should be able to make up to 10 pikmin making his tether longer.

take a moment to pick that apart.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
What I'm not getting here is that while Brawl did have its flaws, it did do some things right. Bowser's forward-b was a massive improvement over the relatively useless claw grab in Melee. Changing Link's boomerang back also seems completely pointless, because that actually removes character depth and tech capability just to open up the occasional boomerang return combo. I know that you guys intend to improve the game with your changes, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, but there still seems to be some things that are being reverted back to the way they were in Melee not because it was better then, but just because that was the way it was in Melee.
I'd personally be very upset if they kept his Gale Rang; that thing was stupid. Melee Rang = combo breaker + longer lasting hitbox. In Brawl, the Gale Rang gave him a few situational ATs that looked cool but half weren't very practical. Gale Guarding is just being fancy/didn't work on everyone, and there are more efficient ways to edge guard. The pull hitbox rarely let you put the opponent into an attack since bwarl airdodge is so god**** convenient and shielding is in this season. Phantom Boomerang i never ever found use for. Double Down Smash is stupid situational and only happens once in a blue moon. If i'm missing any my bad. Point being, a rang that hits on the way back is far more useful imo and I'm soo glad they got rid of the Gale Rang.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I didn't know that the 64 boomerang was that much better than the Melee one (haven't seen a working copy of SSB64 for years), and I guess I'm just biased from my own bad experiences with the original claw. It just seemed like an easily avoidable and punishable attack, and the grabs from it were hard to follow up due to Bowser's poor speed. It's likely that I'm just speaking from a total lack of experience with Melee Bowser though.

I wasn't complaining, just asking for an explanation, which you gave quite nicely. Sorry if I came off as condescending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom