• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
I love the new Bowser! He actually makes sense now lol
I'm digging the forward side-b throw.

Another question: Has Lucario's side-b been changed at all?
It just seems....useless to me >_>

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXiIA91_DEQ

Can someone please explain Zelda's Side-B to me, and how it works?
You know... I wanted to fall out... I was like "hey Im going to play Project M casually with a competitive edge and go to a few smashfest and have fun"

But after that video...Im going back to tournaments... Lucario looks amazing and Its going to be amazing fighting zelda fighters now (and dins fire doesn't have that god awful splash range).

I hate you all... BTW whats up with lucarios recovery? He bounces off walls? Should I prepare for that?

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Are there plans to give crawls or even wall jumps to characters that didn't have them before? It seems to me that these should be more universal.
Aside from the animation work, adding crawls to some characters could throw balance out of whack against the spacies. ie: crawling under lasers

iLink

Smash Champion
As mentioned earlier with Lucario's recovery, what happens at about 3:25 here?

Not nagging or anything saying "lksdlfkjsfdljk fix this nao" because I know you guys will eventually get around to it but I'm just curious as to what made him bounce off the ledge like that.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's a little depressing to see that you guys can't please everyone in this base.
Not anywhere near as unpleasable as the Sonic fanbase but still.

I think that Link's Arrow either needs to be made stronger and/or send the target away from the stage.

That vid makes it seem like using them is not worth much.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i think its about time you guys ditch ganon's brawl dtilt and give him back the melee leg sweep.

in brawl it fits his clunky playstyle perfectly, but for how quick it has to be in PM.....it just doesnt look very professional, the sweep would be much more polished. ftilt is perfect as is though.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
^ Or maybe change the animation. It looks stiff in Brawl. Just needs to be more fluid in my opinion.

I really like Bowser's animations. They're jerkier than Brawl, it makes him look rough (I mean that in a good way). I especially liked this one throw where he throws the opponent straight into the ground. I think it was side-B.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
As mentioned earlier with Lucario's recovery, what happens at about 3:25 here?

Not nagging or anything saying "lksdlfkjsfdljk fix this nao" because I know you guys will eventually get around to it but I'm just curious as to what made him bounce off the ledge like that.
I herd that they removed auto ledge snap, but Im sure theres a way to get around this and use it as a benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X78DBD9tC_k

Seems like Link's arrows are very weak. Hit Luigi with a fully charged arrow at 100%+, and...he pops into the air about the height of a regular short hop. Are you planning to buff them? Right now they seem more or less useless.
Links arrows should be homing... and attach bombs to them like niel did in the last episode of legend of neil... and homing.. :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's a little depressing to see that you guys can't please everyone in this base.

I think that Link's Arrow either needs to be made stronger and/or send the target away from the stage.

That vid makes it seem like using them is not worth much.
The issue Link has always suffered from is that he's a downgraded version of Marth with a projectile game to compensate--except that his projectile game is mediocre. His three projectiles don't mesh together very cohesively. They act as singular, stand alone projectiles, but do not have the damage or knock back to act as such. If his projectile game doesn't compensate for his reasonable but still inferior melee game, there just isn't much merit in using him over other characters.

I would say that either his projectiles need to be buffed in knock back and damage, or they need to allow him to set up openings for combos and kills. It isn't that they can't do the latter, it's just that it is very situational to use his projectiles that way.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh boy, it's the return of the Bad Getaway. >:(

I'm sure the time will come when Link gets looked at and the projectiles will get improved.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Seems like Link's arrows are very weak. Hit Luigi with a fully charged arrow at 100%+, and...he pops into the air about the height of a regular short hop. Are you planning to buff them? Right now they seem more or less useless.
That's actually about their strength in Melee. They've been like that for like, six months now.. I've been thinking about upping their knockback for a while, but was holding off in favor of seeing some serious Link play.

As for Link's projectiles in general: They haven't been touched since vertical knockback compensation was removed. It's something that I need to look into.

Jiang and I may rework the boomerang a tad in general just to make sure it operates better, and the bombs may get their KB upped a tad now that KB is working properly.

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
That side-B spam by luigi was painful to watch. I'm glad he lost the match.
Also, just an observation...
You guys are all complaining about link's weak arrows. In a way, I agree with you, but I'd like to point out that link won the match using an arrow. If that arrow shot missed, Luigi would have made it back to the ledge, but the arrow knocked him back far enough that he couldn't reach it any longer.

Just saying...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
EDIT: I believe the ideal situation would be knowing about the removal of the vertical KB boost.

Revven

FrankerZ
That's what they're currently set up to do, removing vertical KB boost sort of ruined those changes because the opponents are now not sent into tumble as early as they were before.

I think you guys need to realize that Link's projectiles were changed, they were improved, the vertical KB boost just got removed which somewhat negates the changes that were made. They were set up to work like Smash 64, now they only do at a certain point and as Shadic said will be tweaked again.

All of you were giddy over a month ago about Link in general and now it's like "oh... his projectiles haven't been improved" when they were improved and have been for a month (hell even more than a month I'm quite sure) and only recently got affected by the vert. KB boost being gone.

I just... want to facepalm sometimes.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Bowser M looks good, just wish he can have his <100% ledge attack animation back. Screw attack animation pretty much fits the bill if you ask me.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I forget how much I hate some smash kids.

Me: "I want to see Ganon's side-b tech chase game that I heard about."

Some kid in the stream: "His side-b is like Fox/Falco's d-throw, if you don't tech then you're screwed."

Me: "So there is no tech chase game if it's like Spacey's d-throw? I heard there was."

Same kid: "Yeah, it can be tech chased."

....face palm.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not even comparable; Sonic Team has ****ed up constantly since 1994.
Sakurai just ****ed up even more than Sonic Team collectively in 1 game.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Cool stream. First Jiggs vs M2K match evar
Suggestions:
1. Doc fireball texture switched to medicine if possible
2. Some sword users' d-smashes to change to like a full crouched spin or something, since they're all one slash on each side so far
3. Moar characters Falco can waveshine combo on (IE. Fox and Falcon in Melee)

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I forget how much I hate some smash kids.

Me: "I want to see Ganon's side-b tech chase game that I heard about."

Some kid in the stream: "His side-b is like Fox/Falco's d-throw, if you don't tech then you're screwed."

Me: "So there is no tech chase game if it's like Spacey's d-throw? I heard there was."

Same kid: "Yeah, it can be tech chased."

....face palm.
The only thing I can find remotely similar between the two is the timing of the tech, that might be why he thought that.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was told P:M makes tech skill much easier, can anyone confirm this for me?
From what several people I've played with tell me, it is currently much easier.

One player sat there multishining for a good 30 seconds or so with Falco. He said the most he ever got in melee was like, 13 in a row.

Everything is subject to change though, so as we get closer to the goal I'm sure it'll get more melee-like again.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom