• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorace

Smash Cadet
I keep watching Project M vids and I wonder more and more... why do the players not use pivot grabs? Is it because it's easier or slower... or do people just not think to do them?
a lot of times when i play i dont need to use pivot grabs because we have wavedash->grab or JC grabbing now it really isn't needed much anymore though every now and then to be fancy i throw one or 2 out

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
No, he won't be the next Fox.

He'll be the next Metaknight.
Meta Knight doesn't exist in Melee. I started the whole Sonic will be the next Fox thing but I was talking about in a Melee environment where Meta Knight doesn't exist and Fox is the top dog fox.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I keep watching Project M vids and I wonder more and more... why do the players not use pivot grabs? Is it because it's easier or slower... or do people just not think to do them?
I ask myself the same thing but with footstools...but I already know the answer: FSs suck :laugh:

I know they were trying to implement brawl stuff in PM, but we all know it should have been taken out, no one uses them. Not to mention it doesnt tranfer well to the melee enviroment, not even Brawl's for that matter.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I hate to admit it but it's probably true in some ways. Like trying to Double laser camp with Fox....once landing detection is fixed......gonna be difficult.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sonic is amazing atm and I feel like he needs absolutely no buffing EVER! I think he's actually the best character in the game right now and I just hope that he won't have to be nerfed when we eventually get to balancing (hopefully fixing things like DI potency will reign him in, since it'll make him the combo bait that he's supposed to be)

Charging hitbox on side B and down B is very experimental and WILL change (cause right now it's obviously flawed).

Dem-long

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone... it's such a long time I don't post comments on this forum. I just want to express my most sincere appreciation for all the work your organization is involved to renew the Brawl gameplay... I think Melee has been the most technical game of the last decade and, sure, its gameplay deserved to be rebuilt. I just allow myself to mention some aspects of your remaking that I see a bit improvable.
1) the range of the shine of Falco is a bit too long for me
2) Sonic gameplay (in the last vid I've seen on the smashmods site) is nice, but I think that moonwalk is a bit broken
3) Be careful in redesign the recoveries
4) Sometimes the fast fall doesn't seem really similar to Melee's one
5) Tech skil is almost perfect
6) MetaKnight is about to be a Melee character, don't break it

My English is far from being perfect, but I was a nice player in SSBM, and I thought I could give a contribution in your amazing work. I'm looking forward for P:M =P bye

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No it wouldnt. It'd give him more room for error.

Also.

Sonic.

Moonwalk Usmash = Reverse Dacus.

I can DACUS backwards as far as Snake could DACUS in Brawl.

Har har har.

EDIT: People need to stop saying Sonic's moonwalk is broken or too good. Jeez.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you guys are gonna put Pichu in when the clone engine is done, I suggest these buffs:
• Disjoint on Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt and Utilt.
• Forward Smash shouldn't be escapable with DI.
• Extra range on Up Smash and Down Smash.
• Extra range on Uair.
• Give Bair a sweet-spot with good killing power.
• Ledge-cancellable Thunder.
• No self-damage on Agility or Skull-Bash, as they aren't electric-type attacks.
• Faster start-up on Skull Bash.

That is all I want.

kthnxbye.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The Murder Quake, or Quake, is a "Wizkick Canceled" jump, basically an aerial wizkick done on the first possible frame after a jump, skipping the kick itself and going straight to the ****ty Quake at the end. In Brawl there's no practical application except hitting Marth out of a Gerudo and then being punished by him, dunno if you guys buffed it at all.

Also, so many purple names. What, are they giving them away for free now?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
*sigh*... We're not discussing adding YL right now. Yes we've seen that beautiful vertex hack, no we're not discussing the possibility of YL.

FYI, we don't have to replace characters anymore (soon anyway) So bringing up "lulz YL > TL" isn't necessary.
ahh k. I thought the model looked cool . So I take it working clone engine is in fact being able to be made or are they just going over the Alloys? j/w. sorry for asking its just being at work and checking back on this makes my day go faster I'm pretty sure its been answered already.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you guys are gonna put Pichu in when the clone engine is done, I suggest these buffs:
• Extra range on Uair.
• No self-damage on Agility or Skull-Bash, as they aren't electric-type attacks.

That is all I want.

kthnxbye.
Quote so it doesn't get lost on the last page.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The Murder Quake, or Quake, is a "Wizkick Canceled" jump, basically an aerial wizkick done on the first possible frame after a jump, skipping the kick itself and going straight to the ****ty Quake at the end. In Brawl there's no practical application except hitting Marth out of a Gerudo and then being punished by him, dunno if you guys buffed it at all.
interesting, never heard it called that before...

Also, so many purple names. What, are they giving them away for free now?
pretty much. they don't really have any meaning anymore.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
**** i got Ninja'd lol, yeah its not very useful in vbrawl cause of all the endlag on wizkick, but in + they made it useful by shortening the endlag on it. Nice for setting up some combos :chuckle:.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yes, but the down side is that the common masses can't just make their own CSS with clone engines... suffice to say, for the time being, P:MBR is the only place with a working clone engine. don't expect a public version for a while.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
• Extra range on Uair.

That is all I want.

kthnxbye.
and less self-damage on fair.
all hits gives you like 10% lol

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
oh man, I have so much ideas for Roy *-*

I mean SO much.

That spin charge/spin dash charge hitbox wasn't really leaked by RedHal, as it appeared in one of those japanese videos if I remember, it was sonic and sheik, I think it's one of the momosugar vs captain jack fights.

Oh well, you can cancel Spin Dash Charge any time as it is still charging so it would be no problem to grab right after

Can I start talking about Roy mah boi? :3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Mewtwo > Pichu though. xD
Mewtwo isn't "negligible tier".
My point is, tier placement isn't the reason people are super hyped for Mewtwo and don't really give a **** about Pichu. It's because no one gives a **** about Pichu. Mewtwo is fun and original, Pichu is just a poorly designed clone.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
and less self-damage on fair.
all hits gives you like 10% lol
This too (but it only does 4% :D).

My point is, tier placement isn't the reason people are super hyped for Mewtwo and don't really give a **** about Pichu. It's because no one gives a **** about Pichu. Mewtwo is fun and original, Pichu is just a poorly designed clone.
'Cept for Pichu players.

I understand that Mewtwo is a far better designed and wanted character than Pichu, but if you are adding in Roy, it would just be biased not to have Pichu.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You could ask that question of almost any returning character honestly, FroHo. Especially since all but one of them were really bad. Still, it's super exciting stuff.

Roy's our boy~

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
why would you want pichu back, exactly? pikachu has all of his cool costumes, minus the "hurts so good" part
why would people want roy back, exactly? marth has all of his moves, minus the horrible hit-stun

Pichu is a different character to Pikachu. Notice how Roy and Marth play differently? And how Fox and Falco play differently?

except mewtwo wasn't a clone and roy actually brought different positive aspects back. pichu doesn't fit either of those...
Mewtwo is the highest priority to bring back, this is obvious and cannot be argued.
But what positive aspects did Roy bring back that Pichu didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom