• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

soo increasing sonic's friction? (im not trying to ruin sonic, im just thinking that his moonwalk is too good atm)

He cant have a great wavedash,fast movement and good ariel monuverability, no character that i can think of has that... fox has good wavedash, fast run but no ariel monuverability. Falcon has high friction, but fast running speed and good ariel monuverability etc etc

even the floatyer characters like marth,sheik and jiggs didnt have all 3 values as high

i vote yes :p
You do know that moonwalking is essentially useless except for two strategies?

Moonwalk -> Aerial edgeguard
Moonwalk -> edgehog

Moonwalk -> Grab is excessively flashy and much more punishable than wavedashing or dash dancing to bait a grab.

That being said, I'd love to see Link get a decent moonwalk to use with his up-b edgehog. Interesting and technical things would occur.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You do know that moonwalking is essentially useless except for two strategies?

Moonwalk -> Aerial edgeguard
Moonwalk -> edgehog

Moonwalk -> Grab is excessively flashy and much more punishable than wavedashing or dash dancing to bait a grab.

That being said, I'd love to see Link get a decent moonwalk to use with his up-b edgehog. Interesting and technical things would occur.
Sonic's Moonwalk isn't useless. fancy =/= useless :chuckle:

I like the Link Idea. It's time for People like Link to be ****ing good. Not just passable or ok...mediocre. **** that! Most of us bought the smash serious to do battle with are favorite characters. Now look at us? Play with Falcon...Marth...It's funny but Most of us didn't even know who the **** they were :laugh:

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's Moonwalk isn't useless. fancy =/= useless :chuckle:

I like the Link Idea. It's time for People like Link to be ****ing good. Not just passable or ok...mediocre. **** that! Most of us bought the smash serious to do battle with are favorite characters. Now look at us? Play with Falcon...Marth...It's funny but Most of us didn't even know who the **** they were :laugh:
I wholeheartedly agree with that. I always found it strange that the most popular characters in this game (mario, link) have never been better than passable. But P:M is helping with that, thankfully. So for the team, much *applause*:bigthumbu

Glöwworm

Smash Lord

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sonic will never be the next fox. he will probably not even be high tier. no good forward approaching aerials and no range. only way to combo into kill moves will be like grabs? maybe dtilt on ffs idk. but he will be better than in brawl at least

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Its been quite a while since I've checked in here, but just by poking around I've discovered that this project seems to have successfully took the physics from Melee and inserted them into brawl's engine.

Now is this a complete physics change into Melee, or is it just taking some of the things that you want from Melee and putting them into your mod while keeping some of what you might want from Brawl? I've heard for instance that Ganon keeps his choke - which pleases me - but what else has gotten the same treatment?

I imagine that a weak Melee character like Kirby has retained whatever it is that made it better in Brawl or at least had it's Melee flaws worked out. I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you're using 80% of Melee in this game then is the other 20% essentially for balancing Melee?

I'm also curious how Meta Knight was or rather is being handled and how Melee clones are - if they are at all - retaining what has made them more original in Brawl. For example, I've read and seen that Falco is his much more clone-like, yet still awesome Melee self. However, is there any part of Falco that is uniquely brawl like with Ganon?

I guess long story short, I'm just interested how you guys will keep things balanced, keep things Melee, and keep things unique.
(Lol, the short question seems to be begging for a long answer...)

OverLade

Smash Hero
sonic will never be the next fox. he will probably not even be high tier. no good forward approaching aerials and no range. only way to combo into kill moves will be like grabs? maybe dtilt on ffs idk. but he will be better than in brawl at least
Actually Sonic is amazing right now. I was able to play with Dark Sonic for a little on Saturday and at the moment he's broken because his spindash has a charging hitbox that combos into grab. It's like shine except even better... After that's fixed he'll still be really good though, imo on par with Fox.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Too much Link.
I'd say the playstyle differences between Link/Toon Link/Young Link are just as large as they are between Marth/Roy/Ike.

But that logic is apparently thrown out the window because Marth/Roy/Ike aren't technically the same person. Nevermind that Young Link and Adult Link were already the same person in Melee.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
With the aerial attacks, I think his nair should replace his fair and his nair should become a traditional flying kick sex kick.

I also think Sonic's smash attacks could use some work. They all kind of suck.

His dsmash should be his break dance (the one he uses in down taunt, just a lot faster) and should operate similar to Shiek's dsmash.

Usmash should be his current uptilt (just with a lot more power and a bit more lag), and his uptilit should be the same upward kick his uses in fthrow. (IMO, this would give him some good low percent juggle options and a wider variety of set ups)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
With the aerial attacks, I think his nair should replace his fair and his nair should become a traditional flying kick sex kick.

I also think Sonic's smash attacks could use some work. They all kind of suck.

His dsmash should be his break dance (the one he uses in down taunt, just a lot faster) and should operate similar to Shiek's dsmash.

Usmash should be his current uptilt (just with a lot more power and a bit more lag), and his uptilit should be the same upward kick his uses in fthrow. (IMO, this would give him some good low percent juggle options and a wider variety of set ups)
I like the Dsmash Idea. I think his current Dsmash is just to............blah.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Problem with P:M is that they're more working on the Top Tiers then on the Lower tiers.
So I don't think they'll improve Link, plus he will probably not get back his Longshot from Melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually Sonic is amazing right now. I was able to play with Dark Sonic for a little on Saturday and at the moment he's broken because his spindash has a charging hitbox that combos into grab. It's like shine except even better... After that's fixed he'll still be really good though, imo on par with Fox.
You should refrain talking about stuff that is experimental because likely that is going to change. Keep stuff like this in the BR feedback threads, they are there for a reason.

Link40: You are highly incorrect and should never assume anything that we are planning and what we are doing. We're working on everyone evenly and fairly, that means we're giving characters equal attention.

I R Marf: Sonic doesn't need an entire move set redo to play awesomely. That's a lot of work that isn't necessary at all other than aesthetics. Other characters are way different and do need that kind of attention while Sonic, on the other hand, does not. We're not changing characters' move sets around just because some moves look similar to others.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I disagree with those smash change ideas.

his up-tilt doesnt feel like a "smash" attack (falcon using it on the other hand DOES feel like a smash attack)

his smash attacks also are far from useless, especially forward and up. (even more especially with up-smash if it stays as quick as it is now)

most of all I just dont like the idea of his d-smash being a break dance and his up smash being two wimpy kicks upwards

shanus

Smash Hero
Problem with P:M is that they're more working on the Top Tiers then on the Lower tiers.
So I don't think they'll improve Link, plus he will probably not get back his Longshot from Melee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpygX0cuHew

I think that video is proof enough how wrong you are. We pay attention to every character. We focused on top tiers first as they were the best way to isolate what changes were required to get a character to a "melee environment" feel. We are actively focusing on lower tiers currently.

Link40

Smash Cadet

I think that video is proof enough how wrong you are. We pay attention to every character. We focused on top tiers first as they were the best way to isolate what changes were required to get a character to a "melee environment" feel. We are actively focusing on lower tiers currently.
Oh well, sorry, Link looks on a really good way. Keep going.
But I still hope the Longshot will be made one day, even if it is not in version 1.0 of PM.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

Thinking of all the awesome **** i can do with Link: M makes me smile. My link will be oh so awesome. He might not even need his Long Shot.. Although it'd be so awesome if he got it back for his grab at least ): he doesn't need it for his z air.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Link40: Link - the Smash Bros character - doesn't need a Longshot. Unless there was a deficiency to Link's playstyle and balance in Smash that'd dictate a longshot to fix, it shouldn't be P:M's concern. It likely won't ever be.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, Link being able to wall grapple immensely helped his poor standard recovery. The mere mentioning of Germ should immediately remind one of just how much the Longshot wall grapple was a part of Link's recovery. It's just a shame that shanus hasn't had any luck with the wall grapple code.

EDIT: I kind of went into that response by assuming that FroHo was saying Longshot = the wall grapple use of the Hookshot.
Erm, yeah. Some confusion here.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Well I call it Longshot because I assume that in SSBM Y-Link has the Hookshot but whatever xD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah. I completely agree. Wait, one second....
What was that?
(Sonic)'s broken because his spindash has a charging hitbox that combos into grab. It's like shine except even better...
(Sonic)'s broken because his spindash has a charging hitbox that combos into grab. It's like shine except even better...
What the **** are you talking about?

OverLade

Smash Hero
The both spindash charge and side B have a charging hitbox that can be cancelled... it combos into grab, and trades/beat a lot of high priority attacks (Snake's tilts).

Mabye not BETTER than Shine but it's like a twisted version of shine that you can approach with.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, he won't be the next Fox.

He'll be the next Metaknight.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I keep watching Project M vids and I wonder more and more... why do the players not use pivot grabs? Is it because it's easier or slower... or do people just not think to do them?

OverLade

Smash Hero
And it's not meant to be like that, it needs work and it shouldn't have been mentioned in this thread RedHal.
I'm sorry for "leaking" in that case, but me and DS both agreed that it needs to be fixed anyway. Was it an addition from brawl+ or something the Devs tried out earlier?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you can't JC pivot grabs. and its reflex to just JC everything. so oftentimes when you JC a pivot grab theyll just dash and grab in front of them and look dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom