• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Basically, it would open up the possibilities of bringing back lost Melee characters (as seen necessary; I doubt they'd consider Doc or Y. Link, but Mewtwo and Roy are definitely good candidates) as well as maybe introducing brand new characters on the slim chance that they're already creative, unique, and fun to play as.

Sadly, there are practically no imported characters who are anywhere near completion.
*points to siggeh* Lloyd's probably about one of the most progressed imported characters you'll see out there. It doesn't have to be imports that could be added though seeing as Mewtwo is a heavily edited model of Lucario...

D

Deleted member

I got an idea for Tink's bombs along the lines of something to set up possible kill moves, grabs, and combos.

Give Tink's bombs a set BKB and have them pull the enemy towards Tink opposite from the trajectory they were thrown. An upwards thrown bomb sends the opponent downwards, a bomb thrown to the right pulls the opponent to the left, etc.

If you give the bomb hits the properties of not allowing tumble (similar to Falco/DDD's down throws in vBrawl) when Tink throws it at a grounded opponent, it will prevent a tech chase and allow him to possibly combo.

This is all similar to the idea that Roy draws the opponent into him with his tipper hits in that Roy hack PSA.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
What you are describing is already very similar to how Young Link's bombs worked, we just need to polish our implementation.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Someone please tell me that Peach's explosive sideb will be optional in the end, like the vertex hacks. D:
EDIT: I phrased this wrongly. I DON'T want the explosive side-b because I love peach's brawl side-b graphics.
love your avatar! and i agree with this

D

Deleted member

What you are describing is already very similar to how Young Link's bombs worked, we just need to polish our implementation.
Yeah, I know, but I meant a more significant pull towards Tink with the necessary hitstun/no tumble to allow for another option.

Glad to hear that he's being differentiated from Link.

Edit: Also agree with above ^^
Can there be an option for a Peach PAC that has hearts instead of explosion/fire for the side-b?

G

genkaku

Manchu for PM

On a more serious note, is Pikachu getting any specific buffs, or has Axe demonstrated his potential to the degree that they aren't necessary?
(hope not, 'cause no one plays like Axe, haha)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Manchu for PM

On a more serious note, is Pikachu getting any specific buffs, or has Axe demonstrated his potential to the degree that they aren't necessary?
(hope not, 'cause no one plays like Axe, haha)
Probably just buffs associated with brawl pikachu that will naturally make his melee game better.

Laijin

Smash Hero
OH! I totally forgot to mention this in my earlier thoughts post. But it seemed to me Toon Link is missing his rapid sword attack that Young Link had(Ya know..when you tap A repeatedly..lol). Just something to remember if you guys had not thought of it before

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Noted.

As for pikachu, he has some random buffs from Brawl, such as QAC. We'd like to work closely with Pikachu mains to fine tune him, if possible. Axe, however, wasn't very interested last time I heard. Who knows.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pikachu should learn Hidden Power.
Yeah, but then we have to RNG a set of IV's for him...
And unless you want his Hidden Power to be Dark you're gonna have to use less than perfect IV's and then you're just making a weaker Pikachu for the sake of some coverage. But to be totally honest, if Lightning Rod Pikachu @ Light Ball comes in a predicted Thunder Wave or something he'll be rocking like 600 special attack and at that point you don't need coverage. Everything hurts.

/Pokemon humor

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Yeah, but then we have to RNG a set of IV's for him...
And unless you want his Hidden Power to be Dark you're gonna have to use less than perfect IV's and then you're just making a weaker Pikachu for the sake of some coverage. But to be totally honest, if Lightning Rod Pikachu @ Light Ball comes in a predicted Thunder Wave or something he'll be rocking like 600 special attack and at that point you don't need coverage. Everything hurts.

/Pokemon humor
Surf.

10groundtypes

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Consider the level that characters need to be able to compete on to be viable in Project M.
They have to deal with Melee and Brawl top tiers, so they will have a wide variety of characters that do different things extremely well. You have to compete with ******** grabs, aerial mobility and safety, long disjointed range, extremely effective combos, characters literally immune to the concept of gimping, characters with projectiles that in some cases do everything you wish your projectiles could do and more, etc...

You basically need something that you can abuse that no other character can abuse in the way you can to be viable. Every high tier character has something along those lines, and you can't just think something is too good because quite frankly other characters DO have things that are "too good." Too good in the way that Sheik's Dthrow or Falco's lasers are too good.
Fire Arrows like Melee's only without so much ending lag (on YL's part) would already be too good. Which is what I'm suggesting. Give him the ability to lead into some other move (or another arrow) slightly quicker. It wouldn't 'fix' YL in itself, but it be a solid step towards that. Turning his arrows into some kind of quick off long range, fast traveling PK Fire is the kind of thing that should be resorted to AFTER all other options are exhausted. The idea of it sounds like a Brawl Minus projectile.

I'm talking strictly about melee here:

There are plenty problems that YL has with the top tier match ups(and a couple of others), but the absolute biggest problem in my opinion and experience is this:

Those characters are able to move and act quicker than YL can ever dream of doing. Lets take Fox for example, that guy can literally run circles around YL and not give him any time to breath. All of your close range moves do not either come out fast enough to stop Fox's oncoming onslaught or your moves simply do not have enough priority to also stop his onslaught. YL's worst match ups are against characters that are a lot faster than him.
I don't have a competitive smash history at tournaments and the like, so obviously my words don't have much credence here. But as someone who's played a lot of YL against the faster Melee characters, I can't stress how much I agree with this.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Hopefully we'll get a Young Link sking over TL by the time P:M comes out, I dun like the look of TL, YL is way cooler

And aren't there completed characters already like Cloud, Zero and Shadow?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
They aren't done yet IIRC.
Wait for the clone engine and for this project to be in beta,
then talk to the creators to tailor their movesets for Project:M.

Good Luck Dant.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they specify that even if they did add some characters, it would only be nintendo-oriented characters? That would exclude cloud and zero already. Maybe shadow just because he complements sonic.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There haven't been any rules as to what characters P:M would consider for the clone engine slots. The obvious restraints would have to be:

1. Fairly balanced.
2. Creative and unique.
3. Brings new gameplay styles to the scene that are different from other characters.
4. Doesn't screw with anything that would occur in standard gameplay.

Because this topic is not often talked about, I doubt they've actually considered what characters they'd like to see (regardless of what is available or being worked on).

Hopefully we'll get a Young Link sking over TL by the time P:M comes out, I dun like the look of TL, YL is way cooler
There is this completed Young Link vertex hack. Unfortunately, it is set over Link (obviously). I'm curious if it could be ported to Toon Link.

On the topic of Link vertex hacks, there's also Ocarina of Time/Melee Link and Skyward Sword Link.

Also, this and this.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, maybe I read that somewhere else? *looks around forum*
Yup, definitely read that elsewhere. I still think any extra characters (assuming any are included) should hold to nintendo. This is a smash-fest of nintendo characters after all.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Hmmm, maybe I read that somewhere else? *looks around forum*
Yup, definitely read that elsewhere. I still think any extra characters (assuming any are included) should hold to nintendo. This is a smash-fest of nintendo characters after all.
Snake and Sonic said haiiii.
/kirbytoobutnotrly

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Same. Makes me wonder if sonic is ever going to have to wavedash.
Not really no. V:

EDIT: on a light hearted note

* Strong_Bad flexes his testicles
<Strong_Bad> yeah, then we'd all be the color of mud
<FAILDOG> LOL
<standardtoaster> 01:13 Strong_Bad flexes his testicles
<standardtoaster> XD
<FAILDOG> that's actually...
<FAILDOG> disturbing i can imagine a testicles being flexed
<FAILDOG> i blame 4chan
<leaf> quite
<Strong_Bad> flexicles
<standardtoaster> XD
<FAILDOG> wow
<C0nn0r> oh god
<FAILDOG> wooooow
<FAILDOG> i can't even tell you to leave
<FAILDOG> so im going to get out myself
<C0nn0r> I'm now ready to die
* You have left channel (woooooow)
gg P:M team

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
GHNeko, this reminds me of Peaches back in the day not using her wavedash. I wavedash with Peach all day so I will be doing the same with Sonic.

My Sonic > Yours :bee:

OH YOU FANCY HUH

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
now THAT is what we can call a big Moonwalk! Screw Captain Falcon's one.

But that looks like a backwards sonic griding/sufing/whatever people call it. You should make him running backwards :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom