• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he's weaker and dies earlier (which is saying something since pikachu is already light). again, outside of his gimicky electricity and his costumes, why should he be brought back? could just add his positive stuff into pikachu
if he had any...

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
he's weaker and dies earlier (which is saying something since pikachu is already light). again, outside of his gimicky electricity and his costumes, why should he be brought back? could just add his positive stuff into pikachu
if he had any...
He's adorable tho.

inb4modelhakx

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
if he had any...
roy can't combo for **** and gets ***** by combos himself. again, outside of his gimicky fire and his different hit-boxes, why should he be brought back? could just add his positive stuff into marth

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Very cool...
lol, I chose a good day to spend time on this thread.

Also...

Its been quite a while since I've checked in here, but just by poking around I've discovered that this project seems to have successfully took the physics from Melee and inserted them into brawl's engine.

Now is this a complete physics change into Melee, or is it just taking some of the things that you want from Melee and putting them into your mod while keeping some of what you might want from Brawl? I've heard for instance that Ganon keeps his choke - which pleases me - but what else has gotten the same treatment?

I imagine that a weak Melee character like Kirby has retained whatever it is that made it better in Brawl or at least had it's Melee flaws worked out. I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you're using 80% of Melee in this game then is the other 20% essentially for balancing Melee?

I'm also curious how Meta Knight was or rather is being handled and how Melee clones are - if they are at all - retaining what has made them more original in Brawl. For example, I've read and seen that Falco is his much more clone-like, yet still awesome Melee self. However, is there any part of Falco that is uniquely brawl like with Ganon?

I guess long story short, I'm just interested how you guys will keep things balanced, keep things Melee, and keep things unique.
(Lol, the short question seems to be begging for a long answer...)
One thing I wanted to add was how you'd make Mewtwo, Roy, and the other missing clones less "cloneish" yet balanced from their generally weaker Melee versions... but it didn't seem relevant earlier today, lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Roy is our boy.
Pichu is a joke.
[/jokes]

We aren't going to argue who will and who won't be included in this thread. When the game is released, you'll see who's in it, and you can deal with it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
roy can't combo for **** and gets ***** by combos himself. again, outside of his gimicky fire and his different hit-boxes, why should he be brought back? could just add his positive stuff into marth
dunno. i don't support his return either.

what i do know, is if you made marth's sword have a hitbox that could kill on the inside and the outside, you'd get mario's new fsmash.

pretty much, they haven't because it would make marth broken.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
yes, but the down side is that the common masses can't just make their own CSS with clone engines... suffice to say, for the time being, P:MBR is the only place with a working clone engine. don't expect a public version for a while.
its whatever i dont really care lol
just manchu
rolf
Seriously guys. Don't leave him out because he is low tier.
I will lose so much faith in this project.

But I'll probably still download it and enjoy it anyway. -__-
lol sure buddy. i dont care if old chars dont come back

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
lol sure buddy. i dont care if old chars dont come back
Considering you're the guy who thinks that Sheik is a better character than Falco, I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Roy have a completely different style of play, that can be polished and become into a even more individualized character.
And Pichu can't have a completely different, polished and individual style of play because...?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Considering you're the guy who thinks that Sheik is a better character than Falco, I couldn't care less about your opinion.

And Pichu can't have a completely different, polished and individual style of play because...?
Well this is true but my opnion on melee has nothing to due with this game:laugh:

I swear if it makes you happy for his return then i hope it happens. I really do.

Nice troll though

Frogles

Smash Ace
because hes just a small pikachu with a big head. why bother bringing him back when they could add better characters like cliff clavin or that talking fish from the mcdonalds commercial.

pichu sucks.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well this is true but my opnion on melee has nothing to due with this game:laugh:

I swear if it makes you happy for his return then i hope it happens. I really do.

Nice troll though
Thankyou, nicaboy.

because hes just a small pikachu with a big head. why bother bringing him back when they could add better characters like cliff clavin or that talking fish from the mcdonalds commercial.

pichu sucks.
*sigh*
Do I seriously have to do another analogy where I compare Roy to Pichu? -__-

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

pichu sucks.
I'm so saving this. Best post i've seen all day.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
i'm still not seeing why you just can't play pikachu?

besides being faster, what positive does pichu have that pika doesn't?
All of his aerials are better except for up air.
The speed is a LARGE part of it, his playstyle is pretty much based around it.
His side-b is better as well.

im a pichu supporter, <3 pichu
I love you Shanus.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'd say the playstyle differences between Link/Toon Link/Young Link are just as large as they are between Marth/Roy/Ike.

But that logic is apparently thrown out the window because Marth/Roy/Ike aren't technically the same person. Nevermind that Young Link and Adult Link were already the same person in Melee.
Learn2Zelda

Link (Brawl, Melee link is YL), Y. Link and T. Link are all different people.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering where the ****storm had gone.

We get it. You want that low tier character you never play because you're a neurotic, meatriding fanboy of that one smasher who is capable of winning with that ****bird of a character.

Its right up there with repetitive, annoying, cycled, argumentitive firestarters that do nothing but take up space just like l-cancelling arguments.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
k. so if pikachu got pichu's aerials and side b would you be happy?
"The speed is a LARGE part of it, his playstyle is pretty much based around it".

I was wondering where the ****storm had gone.

We get it. You want that low tier character you never play because you're a neurotic, meatriding fanboy of that one smasher who is capable of winning with that ****bird of a character.

Its right up there with repetitive, annoying, cycled, argumentitive firestarters that do nothing but take up space just like l-cancelling arguments.
Hey man. **** you.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Probably been asked

Are you guys implementing momentum for when fox shines on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom