• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
you capitalized the f you MONSTER =(
This would be so awesome if not for the (fixed) typo. XD

Also, wassup Gimpy? You were one of the reasons I kept playing Brawl for a bit, til B+ came out. ¦D

Edit: Or am I reading into it too much and thinking that "f you MONSTER" is meant to be two messages in one? XD

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It's now one of the smash commandments.

Thou shalt not capitalize the F in Gimpyfish.
As it is written, so it shall be.

Spam_arrows.. you're going to hell man.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
don't be insecure gurl if you gonna be a fanboy be a fanboy to the fullest!

anyways

sonic's moonwalk animation shouldn't be him doing a "surfing" stance imo. is it too much trouble if you guys could make him do his running animation while sliding back?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

anyways

sonic's moonwalk animation shouldn't be him doing a "surfing" stance imo. is it too much trouble if you guys could make him do his running animation while sliding back?
But it's awesome when he grabs you while he's SURFING. My gosh!

Rikana

Smash Champion
That's what I thought too. I think it would look much better with a running animation while he's sliding backwards. Have the running animation slown down so it makes it look slickkkk.

Edit: Yo dawg, I heard you like to surf so we put surfing in your moonwalk so you can moonwalk...

bunny.

Rikana

Smash Champion
As hilarious as it looks, its gonna grow old and be looked at as just a moonwalk so I'd rather have something that gives off a "wow that's cool" impression. Running animation please. :)

G

genkaku

I doubt that sonic's moonwalk is going to be as important to his metagame as you think.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^truth... not even falcon has all too many uses for it in the pragmatic sense

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah god, I need to find a video with that freaky dance Manchu does in the "hell" portion of the Castle Siege stage.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

anyways

I'm not even remotely a fan of Gimpyfish tho o.O
No offense to him.

D

Deleted member

Shadic (and Camelot?) your link .pac is looking nice.

Saw it in testplay on the Japanese testers' channel.

I liked the default arc of the arrows, your recovery, and the boomerang. Oh and his Fair is nice too.

Link looks pretty good with his options from boomerang, bomb, and zair to space and combo.

Good work.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Because of the way that moonwalking functions I don't think it would be possible to change the moonwalking animation without changing how moonwalk fundamentally works, but I will have to ask Camelot about that.

D

Deleted member

I got an idea for Samus. Dunno if it's been thought of already.

Ability to cancel her roll with a bomb using down-b. Roll stays at same speed.

I can see shield pressure coming from a cancelled roll on a shield and using a SHFFL'd nair/dair when the bomb explodes.

Fits her defensive playstyle too. Might be interesting.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic (and Camelot?) your link .pac is looking nice.
Saw it in testplay on the Japanese testers' channel.
I liked the default arc of the arrows, your recovery, and the boomerang. Oh and his Fair is nice too.
Link looks pretty good with his options from boomerang, bomb, and zair to space and combo.
Good work.
Thanks man. Nice to hear it. Gotta break the Link legacy of him being a character that lacks very many options.

D

Deleted member

Thanks man. Nice to hear it. Gotta break the Link legacy of him being a character that lacks very many options.
He's got such an arsenal now.

The players using Link tend not to Nair very much anymore which proves how much more freedom he has with his playstyle. lol.

What's being done with his bombs?

I noticed there was less incentive to use them because of zair. Maybe set BKB with decent hitstun (7-10 dmg) could be given to the bombs to allow for combos and set ups.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
They've got decent BKB and hitstun right now, actually. :p

Bombs are a pain to mess around with due to them being articles.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman

I can see shield pressure coming from a cancelled roll on a shield and using a SHFFL'd nair/dair when the bomb explodes.

That's a cool idea and it almost fits how morph ball works in the actual metroid games. To build on that, would there be some way to make samus stay as the morph ball when she uses downB?

D

Deleted member

That's a cool idea and it almost fits how morph ball works in the actual metroid games. To build on that, would there be some way to make samus stay as the morph ball when she uses downB?
Yeah, I was inspired by how you drop bombs while in morph ball mode in Metroid games while I was watching a Samus match. Crossed my mind.

Also, the point of this would be to get out of Samus's ****ty roll and to create a good use for the roll, but not to stay in a morph ball mode where power bombs are dropped. As a result, it would likely accentuate her defensive style, give her a safer roll, and allow her to inflict shield pressure while moving away from the edge with roll.

Its just an idea pitched to the devs. I do this a lot b/c its fun to be imaginative with these possibilities.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wow, like 3 or 4 pages of Pichu rage. Christ, don't they know Manchu's where it's at?

Also, that Samus idea sounds pretty **** amazing.

So reduced endlag on Murder Quake, or no?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
That Samus idea is awesome. I hope they can use it D:

@shadic notice how Link is bad in every game he's in? e.e
Soul Calibur 2 (i read that he's bad ;_; )
SSB (recoveriezzz)
SSBM (he's decent but not amazing)
SSBB (HAHAHAHAHA)
any others that i missed.
It makes me sad.

Metà

Smash Master
I played project M once, but I can't remember if you guys fixed this. Have you guys made the C-stick so it works like in Melee? I'm talking crouching d-smashes, not fast-falling when doing a falling d-air, etc.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace

That idea is extremely interesting, but I think it should only be used after some part of the roll has already happened, or else it would be too much arbitrary.

or not

Link is not bad in Soul Calibur II, he's actually the best of the three guest characters, many people rank him as high tier.

The fastfalling C-stick dair has been fixed since Brawl+

Do Marth can do Dancing Blade with A too again? I always do Double-Edge Dance with Roy changing my fingers between B and A, makes things faster.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
That idea is extremely interesting, but I think it should only be used after some part of the roll has already happened, or else it would be too much arbitrary.

or not

Link is not bad in Soul Calibur II, he's actually the best of the three guest characters, many people rank him as high tier.

Do Marth can do Dancing Blade with A too again? I always do Double-Edge Dance with Roy changing my fingers between B and A, makes things faster.
I read that he's bottom tier =/
Maybe the place i read it was BS'ing?

iLink

Smash Champion

or not

Actually Link in SC2 was basically bottom tier.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was inspired by how you drop bombs while in morph ball mode in Metroid games while I was watching a Samus match. Crossed my mind.

Also, the point of this would be to get out of Samus's ****ty roll and to create a good use for the roll, but not to stay in a morph ball mode where power bombs are dropped. As a result, it would likely accentuate her defensive style, give her a safer roll, and allow her to inflict shield pressure while moving away from the edge with roll.

Its just an idea pitched to the devs. I do this a lot b/c its fun to be imaginative with these possibilities.
This is a really good idea that's been thrown around the boards in threads such as the SSB4 thread - and is actually similar to an idea I had before brawl's release. Usually it's surrounded by other interesting but complicated ideas that people wish for. The great thing about your idea drpepper, is that it's a very simplified version of what I've seen and that makes it a much more attainable change for a mod like PM.

Here's a great example of the kind of overly complicated for a mod or even Smash 4, yet still very awesome Samus moveset ideas I've seen....
-- Edit:
My old ideas were mostly surrounded around making morphball mode a crawl or a mode entered through down B. Moves like bombs or even additional moves like boost and power bombs would be possible out of this crawl/down B - more likely down B for being less limiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom