• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I played project M once, but I can't remember if you guys fixed this. Have you guys made the C-stick so it works like in Melee? I'm talking crouching d-smashes, not fast-falling when doing a falling d-air, etc.
Yes, there's still some functionality missing though that we're working on but all of those things you mentioned have been fixed for several months now.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Yes it has, it's the same frames as it is in Melee.
In Brawl+ they're off aren't they? I'm asking because it always felt like the timing was stupid to me. If Brawl+'s window is the same as Melee's then i must conclude that.. i just suck @_@

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
It's different from Melee tech window, the button needs to be pressed with more precision(very near the ground) for the character to tech, if you try with the same timing as melee the character won't tech.

That means that you just need to replace the CSS slot image now Dant?

G

genkaku

Dant isn't replying to you.
99% of the time his posts stand alone, including this one.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
it just hit me; with the new clone engine and the ability of new characters without replacing existing characters, how are you going to put in the announcer's name narration on a character that doesn't exist like say mewtwo?

Revven

FrankerZ
it just hit me; with the new clone engine and the ability of new characters without replacing existing characters, how are you going to put in the announcer's name narration on a character that doesn't exist like say mewtwo?
Whenever Dantarion gets around to it, he is going to work his magic on the File Patch 4.0 code (or work on something that'll do the same thing) to allow us to replace the announcer with the clips from this: http://brawlannouncer.ytmnd.com/

But this won't be occurring until clone engine is 100% perfect.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol at all the Soul Calibur 2 n00bs.
No one even uses the guest characters, they can't really be put in tiers because not all versions of the game have them. Most players just ignore them.
But there is no way Link ranks up with Yoshi, Xianghua, Cervantes, Ivy, etc... But he probably has more potential than bottom tier, just, like I said, no one uses him.

Hyped for clone engine.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Lol at all the Soul Calibur 2 n00bs.
No one even uses the guest characters, they can't really be put in tiers because not all versions of the game have them. Most players just ignore them.
But there is no way Link ranks up with Yoshi, Xianghua, Cervantes, Ivy, etc... But he probably has more potential than bottom tier, just, like I said, no one uses him.

Hyped for clone engine.
<_< Well I use Link. I simply read that he's bottom tier (which made me sad).

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Just a quick question since I can't try it out myself.

If you waveland out of an UpB does it activate the "air tripping" glitch from vBrawl or have you guys found a way to fix that "glitch" entirely.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Just a quick question since I can't try it out myself.

If you waveland out of an UpB does it activate the "air tripping" glitch from vBrawl or have you guys found a way to fix that "glitch" entirely.
Is the the glitch that Marth/others have that makes them have long landing lag from a normal jump?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No.

I can check for a video of it from the Sonic boards, but the gist of it is, if Sonic lands at the APEX of his UpB. And thusly doesn't actually fall. The next time he jumps/is in the air, he goes into the free fall from his UpB, can not Jump/UpB/Special.

Actually, it maybe similiar to that glitch only, imo, worse for Sonic due to how his UpB works. I'm not sure what the rules and such of that glitch are now that I think of it.

EDIT: Here's a video showing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOiGOvTzws

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, if here in poject M you'll use this, but here is it
Green Hill Zone + 2.0

What's new?
*New stage layout.
*The two platforms are low now and, the upper platform moves.
*It has new texture (from original sprites from GHZ).
*New collision, now you can't get trapped under the edges.
*New location, now you can see the sonic TV but it doesn't part of the fight.

*Rings added under the stage

*Now it has shadows(credit to Mewtwo)

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
aesthetic purposes

i don't understand why it has to be in front of the stage, though. it seems like it blocks the view of your character. Why can't it be in the back?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
the platform moves from over the left platform to over the right platform, and i move slowly
And for the TV, i can't move it is part of the stage, anf if i eraced it, teh 3er platform will be erced too (the have the smae polygon) and don't worry, it wont block your view , i mean, y ahve played a lot and isn't a problem.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can see small advantages to the TV. Snake's C4 and dSmash. But it should be obvious.

I like the stage layout. It actually has the ledges that require skill to sweetspot or you'd get trapped. We need more of those stages in P:M. I like it overall but I don't like the TV and the base colors. Nothing can be done to the TV, but I'd get the colors replaced as its hard on my eyes.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
It's show how the TV isn't part of the fight zone

Edit: No you cann't get trapped, the colisons are made for that, they isn't any cell, they are walls, you can't get traped

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
It's show how the TV isn't part of the fight zone
Yeah, I know that. What I was getting at is that it appears like sonic while crouching, can hide behind the TV. But you say it doesn't block the view of your character so I'm kind of confused.

pimp1469

Smash Rookie
I can see small advantages to the TV. Snake's C4 and dSmash. But it should be obvious.

I like the stage layout. It actually has the ledges that require skill to sweetspot or you'd get trapped. We need more of those stages in P:M. I like it overall but I don't like the TV and the base colors. Nothing can be done to the TV, but I'd get the colors replaced as its hard on my eyes.
"*New collision, now you can't get trapped under the edges."

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It's fun to fight casual players on stages with trapping ledges. I just hit them off and wait. It's hilarous cuz they're always like "AWW THAT'S BS".

/irrelevanttotheissueathand

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know that. What I was getting at is that it appears like sonic while crouching, can hide behind the TV. But you say it doesn't block the view of your character so I'm kind of confused.
Of course i'll block a little, but i was saying that isn't a problem when you fight, sorry :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

It actually has the ledges that require skill to sweetspot or you'd get trapped. We need more of those stages in P:M
Actually, a lot of Melee players think that skill is arbitrary and only a result of the dumb ledges of Battlefield.

Those types of ledges only cut recovery options and make it easy for characters to edgeguard b/c they know you have to sweetspot and that you probably won't ledgetech. That goes against good gameplay in Melee which pivots around movement options.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Actually, a lot of Melee players think that skill is arbitrary and only a result of the dumb ledges of Battlefield.

Those types of ledges only cut recovery options and make it easy for characters to edgeguard b/c they know you have to sweetspot and that you probably won't ledgetech. That goes against good gameplay in Melee which pivots around movement options.
This.
Whenever I play against Luigis, I CP Battlefield.
His already horrendous recovery is made even worse that now he has to perfectly time his side-b and up-b to grab the ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom