• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkaku

^haha

On a different note, I just had an amazing idea.
Olimar with invisible Pikmin.
Forget Zelda, Olimar is the real jedi. "You will not sell me deathsticks."

shanus

Smash Hero
How about olimar with controllable pikmin desyncs..

Oh, wait, time to be quiet.

Simno

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has been stated time and time again but I don't see it immediately. Is the 10 frame buffer window removed?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I know it was a few pages back but that Link vs Lucas video was awesome. I espically like what was done with the boomerang. Now I do have one question about Lucas though. I know he's supposedly one of the completed characters from what I read on Smashmods just wondering though does he still have his snake thether for a return? Just wondering because all I see people doing is the PKT return.

Also for the people who have played does having the custom controls option make WDing easier? I think it would but idk.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I was just thinking due to having custom controls being able to set short hop where ever you want would make it alot easier for people that's what i meant by that statement. Like for me for example I Short hop with Z and have X for my grab.

Edit: Shanus or one of devs I know you guys are hard at working on this. I however have one more question. Did you guys fix the glitch to when where Mario would cape someone like lets captain falcon that Captain falcon would grab on the inside of the stage. Because Imo that is really annoying and just looks really weird. It happens quite alot in B+.

Simno

Smash Rookie
I just meant that WDing didn't have the issue of button placement. You could argue that not having to use L/R allows for more control, but that's about it. Now things that require "clawing," to do well, like SHDL while moving... those might find better layouts with custom controls.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I just meant that WDing didn't have the issue of button placement. You could argue that not having to use L/R allows for more control, but that's about it. Now things that require "clawing," to do well, like SHDL while moving... those might find better layouts with custom controls.
ahh k thats what I was wondering.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Aww.

Exactly what are the benefits to light shielding compared to full shielding? Been a long time since I played Melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
We don't have the actual light shield at the moment so, you'd only be missing out on not holding the shield buttons all the way down (you can hold them half way down).

Simno

Smash Rookie
harder to shield stab you, more knockback when you shield an attack, Im not sure if there is anything else...

it can be used to edgeguard marth (and maybe others)
It makes you harder to cross up when they aerial your shield since you slide with the attack, and some characters (GW, DK) really needed it in Melee since their normal shields blew.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We don't have the actual light shield at the moment so, you'd only be missing out on not holding the shield buttons all the way down (you can hold them half way down).
Which matters in no way whatsoever. Okay, that's somewhat nice to know.

Simno

Smash Rookie
Oh, I forgot. Light shielding was also a common strategy against stuff like falco's pillar/drillshine. The idea is the lightshield will mess up the player's timing of their L cancel and allow you to punish it.

Edit: Also if you were stuck on a platform under like, a Marth, you could lightshield and hope to be pushed off the side.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Which is why, if you can't light shield and maybe anyway, they should make it so you have to do a smash on the stick, or at least a more extreme and or faster motion on the stick to roll/dodge.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Nobody Mention the OOLS attacks you can do? Like if you wait on the edge of a platform with Fox and someone hits your light shield you can fall of aerial them.

also How an the world are Pikman going to be controllable? I've heard it but I just can't picture it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom