• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
After Apex I think

Olimar is Pikachu ;)

double posted...sorry :(
For the future, do this instead:
1. Quote a post.
2. Ctrl + A quote.
3. Edit original post.
4. Ctrl + v quote into original post.

Now you no longer have to double post when you want to quote something else!

ON TOPIC:
I disagree that adding the Melee characters back in should be one of the last steps. Considering that this is Project: Melee, and that the characters are the most important part of Melee, doesn't that mean getting the characters right is the most important thing in this project?

Gea

Smash Master
As far as I know, the only way to add in a character right now is to replace an existing one, correct? Which do you propose become replaced by these Melee characters?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I wish 5ive would host another casual, then I'd get to play Project Melee on livestream again.

Soon. Hopefully.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
ON TOPIC:
I disagree that adding the Melee characters back in should be one of the last steps. Considering that this is Project: Melee, and that the characters are the most important part of Melee, doesn't that mean getting the characters right is the most important thing in this project?
So you're cool with pushing the release and any progress on this back possibly years just to add in four more characters?

The reason the team isn't focusing on the characters right now is because they simply don't have the capability to add in the new characters seamlessly, not because of importance.

Edit: Alloys are not an option. There are still filesize limits that prevent this thing from happening.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm going to ask the people in the SA smash scene if they are interested in doing a P:M tourney. If so, I'll send in one of the application things and can probably get some good footage.

So you're cool with pushing the release and any progress on this back possibly years just to add in four more characters?

The reason the team isn't focusing on the characters right now is because they simply don't have the capability to add in the new characters seamlessly, not because of importance.
If it takes you years to balance the already existing PSAs for two characters, you're doing it wrong.

I'd like to see your recent sources of information that they can't seamlessly add in new characters as well.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wrong. Dantarion made a clone engine. We replace the Alloys.
Correction: He has most of it figured out but has not made an actual code yet. The main issue at the moment is that while he got Roy 100% working he crashes when you double jump. You can ask Dantarion any questions about it on this twitter account (www.twitter.com/dantarion).

omfg awesome.

this project is amazing and deserves more hype
Tell your friends, post about it everywhere!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Correction: He has most of it figured out but has not made an actual code yet. The main issue at the moment is that while he got Roy 100% working he crashes when you double jump. You can ask Dantarion any questions about it on this twitter account (www.twitter.com/dantarion).
Close enough. Knowing Dant, that'll be fixed by the end of the week :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As long as you're not like 3d realms, I'll fine with you taking your time.

Can we drop the Mewtwo and Roy talk until the clone engine is complete?

G

genkaku

Edit: Alloys are not an option. There are still filesize limits that prevent this thing from happening.
They found a way to break filesize limits a while ago. They just haven't had much of a need to do so outside of ZSS yet, to my recollection.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Diddy is closer to falco then fox lol.
No actually. Here's the logic behind it.

MK/Puff - Both characters are light, but are able to play extremely safe while still applying massive amounts of pressure. Both characters are a threat to any member of the cast offensively and defensively regardless of percent. Both also have amazing recoveries and are difficult to edguard comparitively.

Falco is like Snake - because while both characters have great offensive and defensive options, once a hit connects to them they're likely to take massive amounts of damage or die (both characters spawn at kill percent :laugh:).

Diddy is like Fox - Both characters are frustrating to play against, Fox because of his speed and high pressure game and Diddy because of his bananas. Both have great recoveries. Diddy is hard to juggle compared to fox, but not so much as snake/Falco, and like fox is much harder to kill by comparison.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I thought Dantarion was going to inject data into the empty character slots rather than use the limitations that the alloys have, unless he can manipulate module files to completely disregard which character is being replaced (which is pretty much the point so that the engine is very modular and works with anything).

Rikana

Smash Champion
I wish 5ive would host another casual, then I'd get to play Project Melee on livestream again.

Soon. Hopefully.
We should get him to host. I'm totally down for it. Anyone in Toronto join in. Yeayuhzz.

BEES

Smash Lord
to the contrary Brawl+ Stated their intentions were in fact to make what was essentially SSB4.
Whatever their stated intentions, in practice their refusal to add advanced tactics killed any chance for Brawl+ to have longevity. Certainly no reason those had to be the same ATs as Melee, though I think wavedashing and jc grabs would at least be worth adding.

starcraft 2 = love

starcraft 2 = blizzard

blizzard = PMBR

PMBR = Love?
What if I hate Starcraft?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wrong. Dantarion made a clone engine. We replace the Alloys.
WRONG. Dantarion is making a clone engine. We replace absolutely nothing; characters get their "Forbidden 7"/Popo/Nana/Debug Mario spot; not replacing anything ingame.

This is why people need to do research before they answer questions. We could replace alloys right now if we wanted to.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
WRONG. Dantarion is making a clone engine. We replace absolutely nothing; characters get their "Groping Ganondorf"/Popo/Nana/Debug Mario spot; not replacing anything ingame.

This is why people need to do research before they answer questions. We could replace alloys right now if we wanted to.
Sounds good!

Does that mean characters will be getting their own sounds as well? Example being, Roy wouldn't sound like Marth, but Marth would still sound the same?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We don't know yet, but at one point, he managed to get a character to load another one's sound banks.

Why don't we just call them the other 7?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Looks like an awesome project, but the thing is, if and when you release it your not going to make any money. I mean, you could put the link here, but you could sell it on Amizon or somthing to people who don't know what Smash World Forums is. You could just find a way to write the Brawl files to a clean CD, make your own cover and everything so people won't need the Homebrew channel to play it.

I mean, try selling it on Amizon.com when it comes out, but give it for testing and for free on this site. It's worth a shot.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Looks like an awesome project, but the thing is, if and when you release it your not going to make any money. I mean, you could put the link here, but you could sell it on Amizon or somthing to people who don't know what Smash World Forums is. You could just find a way to write the Brawl files to a clean CD, make your own cover and everything.

I mean, try selling it on Amizon.com when it comes out, but give it for testing and for free on this site. It's worth a shot.

You're kidding right?

Can you even fathom the potential legal repercussions for selling P:M? Seriously?

Lol. It is no where even near remotely worth man.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
You're kidding right?

Can you even fathom the potential legal repercussions for selling P:M? Seriously?

Lol. It is no where even near remotely worth man.
Your right, I'm tired and I totally forgot about the whole situation, anyways, good luck.

Still, it would be cool to make money from this, I would, especially after all the hard work this is going to be for you guys. I know, selling it would piss Nintendo off, to bad you can't.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
You guys definetely deserve money from this game eiether way, putting alot of effort and time into making Brawl a better game. I'd have to say once again good look and have fun.

Now I'mma off to bed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom