• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
stingers was joking about giving a download for a 5$ "donation"

EDIT: how i didn't see the word mount is beyond me

Kix

Smash Journeyman
How about 10? :mario2:

EDIT: Yes! Just noticed the ignore button! Take that stingers! \

:laugh:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I just meant that WDing didn't have the issue of button placement. You could argue that not having to use L/R allows for more control, but that's about it. Now things that require "clawing," to do well, like SHDL while moving... those might find better layouts with custom controls.
Pro Tip: Use Control Stick for SHDL. Simple.

I'm hyped for Olimar :p

D

Deleted member

Oh, I forgot. Light shielding was also a common strategy against stuff like falco's pillar/drillshine. The idea is the lightshield will mess up the player's timing of their L cancel and allow you to punish it.
Nope. Melee players react to what they hit then lcancel. They'll just react to the lightshield.

Directing your shield up/down can mess up the timing of lcancels rarely, and it can be a worse option if a space animal's shine shield pokes from under a upwards directed shield.

Light shielding is for messing up spacing and avoiding shield pressure. The trade off for light shielding is counterattacking with a grab or aerial (unless you're Marth).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Pro Tip: Use Control Stick for SHDL. Simple.
Pro Tip: Be so good that you can Dash Reverse SDHL with Y.
Or just do SHL's because they're more accurate and fastfalling them gives you more control over your movement, whichever one.

Gea

Smash Master
Nope. Melee players react to what they hit then lcancel. They'll just react to the lightshield.
The idea is that they will mess up. This strategy has been floating around the boards (but rarely used) for a long time. Anything to throw off tempo can be useful, just maybe not the best option all of the time.

And yeah, SHDL is overrated. Single or triple have more application.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Light shielding is also for shielding...
If you sucked like G&W :(
Aside from a few things I say we leave G&W Completely the same as he was in melee but we give him the biggest shield in the game just to see what happens. :chuckle:

To be honest, Full Hop Triple Laser is far more useful than SHDL against floaties.
Agreed. I've seen people like M2K use it vs Peaches and it works out well.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I would like to say that I am loving wolf progress so far.

His gameplay with jump cancelable blaster e ground cancelable reflector fits him incredibly well while still makes his gameplay very creative and gives him many more uses on both moves.

Even with the WDBlaster or normal jump cancels makes his camping game better, the lack of good range on the projectile balances things on.

You took Melee spacies' gameplay and made it nearly the opposite with wolf and worked very, very well.

I am very temptated(spelled it right?) to play Wolf when the beta comes out. Seems awesome.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Does Lucas still have his Tether for a return? Is the grabbing the inside of the stage gone?( like when Mario capes someone like falcon) Ive seen it happen in B+ so was just wondering what causes it to happen and if theres a plan to fix it..

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i'm trying to decide whether i should sell my wii and get myself an xbox 360 to play reach OR keep the wii for the sake of playing P:M in the future

tough decision.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
i'm trying to decide whether i should sell my wii and get myself an xbox 360 to play reach OR keep the wii for the sake of playing P:M in the future

tough decision.
Sell your Wii if Dolphin works on your computer. :p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Raqib is dumb and is trying to do that. Don't, as a majority of the codes that make P:M what it is won't work.

Gea

Smash Master
You don't have to be super advanced with techskill to triple uair into knee, which I'd rather watch than a fox run away dshl

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Raqib is dumb and is trying to do that. Don't, as a majority of the codes that make P:M what it is won't work.
YOU'RE GONNA GET FONDLED BY GROPING GANONDORF.

On another note though, apparently Dolphin supports Gecko codes now, so the codeset should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom